Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the four door was the only option, I doubt I would have gone through the hassle to get one
I know for a fact I wouldn't have. But there are no other new cars that interest me either. I might have looked for a low mileage used Focus ST or RS or 2.3 Mustang for daily.
Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2 door big bend on order right now. Looked at both and the 4 door didn't make sense for where I am at in life with kids grown and it's my daily driver. Can't remember the last time I had someone in the back seat of my Mazda CX5.
I understand the need for the 4 door, but really love the looks of the 2-door.
Was leaning toward a jeep due to the fact that I had only seen a 4-door bronco and it was just too large. The 2 door jeep had zero cargo space, so went back to the 4 door jeep.
The 2dr Bronco is the goldilocks for me.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know for a fact I wouldn't have. But there are no other new cars that interest me either. I might have looked for a low mileage used Focus ST or RS or 2.3 Mustang for daily.
I've owned a 2016 Focus ST. It was fun for a bit. I wouldn't get the race seats again though.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve owned a 2 dr and a 4 dr soft top SAS BD. 2 door is more nimble, u turns and parking is a breeze. Ride is the same. Wind noise was slightly quieter in the hard top. Road noise was significantly quieter in the hard top.

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BroncoBadlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the year and a half I was planning to buy mine I drove many many many broncos.
Every trim level
Hard tops 2 doors & 4 doors.
2.3 & 2.7 in 2 doors & 4 doors.
Soft tops in 2 doors & 4 doors.
Stick shift in a 2.3.
10 speed automatics in 2 doors & 4 doors.
Trim levels with and without Sasquatch.
Did Moab Bronco off roadeo twice, once in a 4 door, once in a 2 door.
Owned a Jeep Wrangler in the late 80's - 90's with a 4.2.
Bought a 2023 2 door lux badlands non Sasquatch 2.7 10 speed automatic for the purpose of the 4.46 rear end gearing. As soon as I got it I put the wider wheel flares and the 35 Sasquatch Wildtrack rims on it. If you saw it now you would not be able to tell it is not a sasquatch. I actually have 4 - 5 set tire packages for it in 33's & 35's. Love them all for different applications.
For me the 2 door was the right application.
4 doors were 2 too many & too long of wheel base.
My 4 boys are all grown and driving their vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the year and a half I was planning to buy mine I drove many many many broncos.
Every trim level
Stick shift in a 2.3.
Bought a 2023 2 door lux badlands non Sasquatch 2.7 10 speed automatic for the purpose of the 4.46 rear end gearing. As soon as I got it I put the wider wheel flares and the 35 Sasquatch Wildtrack rims on it. If you saw it now you would not be able to tell it is not a sasquatch. I actually have 4 - 5 set tire packages for it in 33's & 35's. Love them all for different applications.
What did you think of the 2.3 Liter compared to the 2.7? Thanks

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2015 Roush stage 1 mustang as my daily driver. It has the 2.3. I have 245,000 on that car, great dependable car. Love the 2.3 platform. Just wanted the 2.7. All the 2.3 bronco's I drove were great. The 2.3 Broncos with the stick shift transmission and higher rear end gears are the best mileage Bronco available out there.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every trim level
Stick shift in a 2.3.
What was the deal with the 2 door soft-top, used Bronco or dealer installed accessory?

Utah Todd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
expand...
What was the deal with the 2 door soft-top, used Bronco or dealer installed accessory?

It was a dealer installed accessory.
Anything that was a little bit different with a different option / package and if I had the opportunity to test drive it I would.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2015 Roush stage 1 mustang as my daily driver. It has the 2.3. I have 245,000 on that car, great dependable car. Love the 2.3 platform. Just wanted the 2.7. All the 2.3 bronco's I drove were great. The 2.3 Broncos with the stick shift transmission and higher rear end gears are the best mileage Bronco available out there.
Nice, I appreciate the info. I drive my Bronco daily if not on my Yamaha MT09. Happy New Years!

Sponsored

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I should have included in above response, but jumped a head. I agree with the ride being great for the shorter wheel base and the comments regarding wider doors and B-pillar being back make for easier entry and exit. When installing my seat covers, I already saw wear on my seat's stitching from sliding in and out.
Major wear on my sportrac seat from sliding out, do it differently with the Bronco.

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a 4 door OBX that I got used early on. it wasn't my ideal setup so when I chanced by a new 2 door BDL that someone gave up their order on (waited too long moved on I guess) and it was my perfect setup, I traded in the OBX. From what I recall the drive is pretty similar, but the 2 door does feel a bit snappier, even with 35" KO2's on them vs the 33's I had on the 4 door. it still amazes me and any of my friends who've driven 4x4's like jeeps how well the bronco handles highway speeds. I was chugging along at 160kmh no problem. that's a 100mph for the folks who can't google.
Can't give a 1:1 noise comparison as the 4d was a soft top but it was way too loud for me. I have a sunrider for my 2d and it's still very loud but not as bad.

Iowa Hawkeye

Big Bend
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never been in a 4 door, size wise, is the backseats the same, just a larger cargo area?
Has anyone tried to mount the drivers seat back a little?

Fortydegnorth

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4dr, 2023 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Own both a 2 door and 4 door. Both big bend models, both have the same options. I can only say the front seats of the 2 door are more roomy. The doors are longer and I find it easier to get in and out of. Both drive the same, same wind noise, both are hardtops and I like both. I drive the 2 door, wife has the 4 door. Pick what suits you best.
Sponsored