First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been eyeing a Bronco now for a month a half. I was able to sit in a 2 door a couple of weeks ago and a 4 door today at lunch. Being 6'5 and disproportionate long torso , there is no way I could comfortably fit in a 4 door as with the seat all the way back my shoulder hits the B pillar and my knee hits the little plastic nub that sticks out towards the bottom of the climate cluster.

I sat in the 2 door and it felt good but wanted to see how people who were around my height felt owning it and how comfortable they were in theirs. I just don't want to order one and then regret it because i'm not comfortable.

Thanks. (Also, mods if this isn't the right place I apologize; still finding my way around the forum).
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tested the 2dr 6 -4 with cowboy hat šŸ‘

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€. The 2dr is roomy. Cloth seats are really comfortable and easy to adjust to be able to lean back, use the headrest and still able to drive / see easily.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6ā€™6ā€ and been driving my new 2-door for a couple of weeks and itā€™s super comfortable. Itā€™s not as comfortable as my Denali crew cab 3/4 ton pickup but itā€™s close.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t know if all levels have it, but my BD with Mid has adjustable height on the seats. Did you try that? Iā€™m 6ā€™ and even in the highest position I have plenty of headroom, and the seat can be lowered several inchesā€¦

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 6'7" and I fit great in the 4-door. it's night and day better than my wranglers. The B pillar isn't in the best location, but there is so much shoulder room it doesn't bother me very often. When it does I just move the seat up a little. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to Jeeps, but I find the Bronco to be a very comfortable place to spend time. I've only done a couple of two-hour trips so far, but I'm driving from DFW to Flagstaff and back this weekend (Overland Expo!) and I'm confident I won't have any issues. FWIW I had a 2020 Range Rover Sport and a 7-hour drive really beat me up. We'll see how the Bronco does for 14ish.

to the point - I know the 2-door has larger doors, which may or may not translate to a more comfortable position for you. The B pillar should be farther back, at least.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP did you try a soft or MIc top 4 door? Iā€™m 6ā€™6ā€ and the 4 door fits awesome. I could see if someone with wider shoulders had it bump the b pillar, but Iā€™m surprised that at 6ā€™5ā€ and extra torso youā€™re on the furthest back seat position. Even at 6ā€™6ā€ Iā€™m comfortable 1 or 2 clicks in front of that.

Rethinking, maybe youā€™re arms matching longer torso push the seat back so arms are comfortable? If so, I guess it comes down to if the 2 door front (only) doors are longer than the 4 door front doors and therefore push the b pillar back more.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RubiconSasquatch just answered my question. Boom.

But yea the wrangler fit me like garbage. Soft top a bit better but still terrible due to the middle roll bar.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either Bronco is nice and roomy for me. I'm almost 5'7". I know I don't belong in this thread but I always look up to guys like you. I jump in because I'm not Bashful. Not Happy either :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I donā€™t know if all levels have it, but my BD with Mid has adjustable height on the seats. Did you try that? Iā€™m 6ā€™ and even in the highest position I have plenty of headroom, and the seat can be lowered several inchesā€¦
I had the seat all way back and the seat all the way down. I also daily drive an F150 and my truck has a ridiculous amount of room. So I might be spoiled by that too haha.

OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP did you try a soft or MIc top 4 door? Iā€™m 6ā€™6ā€ and the 4 door fits awesome. I could see if someone with wider shoulders had it bump the b pillar, but Iā€™m surprised that at 6ā€™5ā€ and extra torso youā€™re on the furthest back seat position. Even at 6ā€™6ā€ Iā€™m comfortable 1 or 2 clicks in front of that.

Rethinking, maybe youā€™re arms matching longer torso push the seat back so arms are comfortable? If so, I guess it comes down to if the 2 door front (only) doors are longer than the 4 door front doors and therefore push the b pillar back more.
The Bronco they had a MIC top 4 door. Part of the reason it was uncomfortable was my knee/leg was hitting the plastic piece that sticks out towards the bottom of the climate controls. I twas right in the spot I normally rest my leg. For me it's really more nitpicky than anything but I figure if i'm going to be buying something this expensive, I want to be comfortable.

OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Either Bronco is nice and roomy for me. I'm almost 5'7". I know I don't belong in this thread but I always look up to guys like you. I jump in because I'm not Bashful. Not Happy either :)
Haha. All are welcome. I have a friend who is your height, he's a bodybuilder so he has massive legs and his leg hits the same spot my leg does in his normal driving position. So I know at least i'm not alone in my nitpickiness. haha

OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
6ā€™6ā€ and been driving my new 2-door for a couple of weeks and itā€™s super comfortable. Itā€™s not as comfortable as my Denali crew cab 3/4 ton pickup but itā€™s close.
I was a lot more comfortable in the 2 door, I want to go and sit in it again and verify I was comfortable. I hear ya on the comfort. I daily drive an F150 Crew Cab and it's awesome for space.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a lot more comfortable in the 2 door, I want to go and sit in it again and verify I was comfortable. I hear ya on the comfort. I daily drive an F150 Crew Cab and it's awesome for space.
One thing to note is I canā€™t put the back seat down all the way behind my driverā€™s seat. That said I do plan to remove both back seats soon but I havenā€™t had the time yet.
Sponsored