Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ducati1098 already mentioned this... but just to reiterate again...

Your As-Built values will automatically be updated if you change a setting inside of Forscan. They are not the factory settings.

In the past the As Built values were actually the As Built values, because these vehicles weren't connected to the internet. Now they will automatically update on the Ford servers as you (or anyone else) changes settings.

Carry on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone with a 2022 Wildtrak tell me what the factory value (Off) is supposed to read for Rock Crawl mode? The computer i used to enable it on my Wildtrack crashed so i have lost my backup file. I have what seems to be a glitch where it won't go back to normal mode with the dial. The only way to get back to Normal mode (where you can see it exiting 4x4 on the screen) is to go to ECO, then Normal. Even then i'm not sure it even goes to Normal. Is there any way to get the complete map back for my VIN, or am i SOL?
Try this. It may work as I haven’t messed with my Goat modes.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread IMG_3166

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know if forscan has been updated to work with the 24’s ?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try this. It may work as I haven’t messed with my Goat modes.

IMG_3166.jpeg
I think i've nailed it down. So i ran my VIN in the link Brian_B posted and mine reads:

760-04-03 0100 0203 AB1F

Bolded is the digit edited where (3) is "On" and (1) is "Off". Gonna go in and change it back to a 1 and hope it corrects the hiccup.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Your As-Built values will automatically be updated if you change a setting inside of Forscan. They are not the factory settings.

In the past the As Built values were actually the As Built values, because these vehicles weren't connected to the internet. Now they will automatically update on the Ford servers as you (or anyone else) changes settings.

Carry on.
Why would everything change if i only originally edited one digit? Are you saying the whole map changes every time we make an edit?

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Carry on.
Good tip. I made sure i downloaded my As-Bulit data from Motorcraft website, and again used ForScan to save all As-Built data before making any changes.

Question: if the changes we make with ForScan get updated automatically to PTS and Motorcraft, does that mean a software OTA update will NOT wipe out any changes we make (like double-honk, added drive modes etc)?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would everything change if i only originally edited one digit? Are you saying the whole map changes every time we make an edit?
Mmm probably best explained by explaining what that data is used for:

The purpose of the As Built data is to allow dealers to run PMIs should one of the modules fail and need to be replaced. So… say the Audio Control Module fails. The dealer can replace the ACM and return it to the exact configuration the ACM had prior to the module failing using the As-Built data.

A lot of people think As-Built data is the factory configuration (and at one time it was, hence the name). But on modern Fords that data is refreshed automatically by your vehicle over time with the latest configuration that currently exists on the vehicle. If you just changed the value, sure… the original value is probably there because it hasn’t refreshed yet. But if you change it and come back 3-4 weeks later you’ll probably find that your As-Built includes the Forscan change.

It’s not a huge deal and is actually super helpful for dealers. But a lot of people who make Forscan changes assume that if they need to return to the factory config they can just pull As-Built to see what the values were. But you cant do that, as your Forscan changes will eventually sync with Ford’s servers and be reflected in the As-Built data.

If I pull my As-Built data it has every Forscan change I’ve ever made and it is vastly different than the factory config.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: if the changes we make with ForScan get updated automatically to PTS and Motorcraft, does that mean a software OTA update will NOT wipe out any changes we make (like double-honk, added drive modes etc)?
Depends on the software update. Most updates will refrain from changing the configuration of a module. People would hate it if the radio station presets got reverted back to default every time an update gets installed, for example.

But obviously if the update necessitates a configuration change it’ll make that change.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of people think As-Built data is the factory configuration (and at one time it was, hence the name). But on modern Fords that data is refreshed automatically by your vehicle over time with the latest configuration that currently exists on the vehicle.
This I did not know - thanks for posting.

Fortunately I saved dumps from Forscan way back before I monkeyed with anything, but I had just (wrongly) assumed that a site named "As-Built" would provide factory configuration.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Problem solved. Went in and changed Rock Crawl to 1(Off). Then went back in and changed it back to 3(On). Glitch gone, all Goat Modes working as intended.

One thing i noticed is the last four digits changed from AB1F to AB1D after i made the changes, even though i never manually changed those myself. I'm wondering why, and if that is what was causing the glitch.

Appreciate all the help everyone!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Problem solved. Went in and changed Rock Crawl to 1(Off). Then went back in and changed it back to 3(On). Glitch gone, all Goat Modes working as intended.

One thing i noticed is the last four digits changed from AB1F to AB1D after i made the changes, even though i never manually changed those myself. I'm wondering why, and if that is what was causing the glitch.

Appreciate all the help everyone!
Other values can sometimes change as a by-product of what you're entering, even if you aren't directly editing them
Either way, glad you got it figured out.

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if forscan has been updated to work with the 24’s ?
I used it for several changes on my '24 Badlands without issue. I was sweating bullets though.

Last edited:

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used it for several changes on my '24 Badlands without issue. I was sweating bullets though.
Nice, what changes did you do? My main ones I want to do are the dreaded double honk and sport mode

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sometimes the as built data updates and sometimes, as I have personally seen, it does not.
Sponsored