First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No this is controlled by the PCM. Itā€™s still a fantasy feature for now.

Edit: For technical clarification, the PCM sends relative data (speed, gear selection) and submits it to the GWM (Gateway Module) that sends this to the related modules so they can determine a go/no go for features. Sadly itā€™s not something you can simply modify via ForScan.

So the only way will be a physical mod? like in the F150

JDHRNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak, 2023 WildTrak, 2024 Grenadier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone been successful being able to input address changes while the vehicle is in motion using CarPlay? I did the navigation in motion change using FORScan and it works on the Ford system but doesnā€™t work while using CarPlay. Any ideas?
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread 359D67BE-6CE3-4211-9266-08BCF3DFC5C9

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has the 1 pedal driving mode been discussed for the 2.3L?
Wonder if it can be enabled. And further, why on only the 2.7L?
Different brake boosters. 2.3 uses a vacuum system and 2.7 is electric assist.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone explored attempting to change the temperature of the heated steering wheel? I read this was doable on the F150.

Noticing my heated steering wheel is lukewarm at best now that itā€™s getting colder out.
Did you try the dropdown adjustment for the wheel temp yet? I'm a little nervous to try it without knowing if its confirmed and without knowing what it is actually changing. On the F150's you can also change the auto-shutoff time as well, but both the temp and shutoff time are in 724-06-01 in the SCCM in the F150 which doesn't exist in the Bronco.

Sponsored

austin9294

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone in the south florida fort myers or sarasota area that's done the forscan sport mode trick and willing to meet and help with this? I'm just not really comfortable messing with the electrical side of cars šŸ˜¬

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No this is controlled by the PCM. Itā€™s still a fantasy feature for now.

Edit: For technical clarification, the PCM sends relative data (speed, gear selection) and submits it to the GWM (Gateway Module) that sends this to the related modules so they can determine a go/no go for features. Sadly itā€™s not something you can simply modify via ForScan.
Talk about a module that needs a little reprogramming... If you inject enough false messages on the CAN bus, then perhaps you can fool it... LOL.

Actually, I think that I would isolate that little bastard behind a CAN bus firewall and only allow the messages I wanted it to see to pass. ;)

Actually, teaching a linux system to control CAN bus message traffic could be fun - set the whole thing up like a switch with active port filtering. :)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone in the south florida fort myers or sarasota area that's done the forscan sport mode trick and willing to meet and help with this? I'm just not really comfortable messing with the electrical side of cars šŸ˜¬
The first time I played with it, I broke it all pretty good. LOL. Mostly because I skimmed the instructions and was like, "I've got this". Pretty easy to recover.

It's actually really trivial, changing the tire size is far more challenging. If you want me to walk you through it over the phone, I am more than happy to do that.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you try the dropdown adjustment for the wheel temp yet? I'm a little nervous to try it without knowing if its confirmed and without knowing what it is actually changing. On the F150's you can also change the auto-shutoff time as well, but both the temp and shutoff time are in 724-06-01 in the SCCM in the F150 which doesn't exist in the Bronco.
Just make small changes and test it. Alternatively, you want, I can test it out and tell you my results... (Bronco burned to ground or didn't).

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed mine from stock setting (35*C?) up 3 degrees. I think it went from 95*F to 100*F. I found it to be noticeable with no side effects.

I haven't tried anything yet I've been taking a break from treasure hunting in ForScan, apologies.

I did some research earlier about it though and I actually might not think this is possible. What I was thinking of was "parking lights as DRL" however our parking lights are white. I haven't seen any proven settings that would allow you to use the turn signal itself as DRL though I do see this option. I'm wondering if 01 would be the change needed. I know I said I was going to try this out but I got lost in other things. No promises but I'll try to give it a shot soon.

I quickly referenced mine, a First Edition and a BaseSquatch and they all have 02 as the default setting.

726-43-01**xxxxxxxx--LF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL

726-43-01xx**xxxxxx--RF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL
I tried doing this and it didnā€™t seem to change anything. Then again itā€™s night time so I canā€™t really test the DRLā€™s. Guess we will see tomorrow.

One last thing, while I was in there I enabled remote close windows. Could be a handy feature if someone leaves a window down as I walk away from the car. But I tried adding it to the sync4 menu like the note said by changing to the letter ā€œEā€ and nothing changed. I already had the option for remote open in vehicle settings. I figured this would add a toggle for remote close. Am I wrong or did I miss something?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in in the area and am willing to help. DM me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, having Baja and Rock Crawl modes, I can agree with many others, Baja is not a practical street mode unless you want to keep the motor at 4k all the time. It's more like a great mode for a dirt circle track car. :)

Rock Crawl has its place, tried it out this morning too. The little bronco is definitely part goat.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't tried anything yet I've been taking a break from treasure hunting in ForScan, apologies.

I did some research earlier about it though and I actually might not think this is possible. What I was thinking of was "parking lights as DRL" however our parking lights are white. I haven't seen any proven settings that would allow you to use the turn signal itself as DRL though I do see this option. I'm wondering if 01 would be the change needed. I know I said I was going to try this out but I got lost in other things. No promises but I'll try to give it a shot soon.

I quickly referenced mine, a First Edition and a BaseSquatch and they all have 02 as the default setting.

726-43-01**xxxxxxxx--LF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL

726-43-01xx**xxxxxx--RF_Turn_Lamp_Ckt_Usage_Cfg: 00=Not Used 01=Turn DRL 02=Turn Only 03=Turn Position 04=Turn Position DRL
Well it worked. Kind of. The ring is still on around the lights, but I changed the center bar from white to amber. I prefer the stock look better so Iā€™m going to change back, but if you can figure out how to deactivate the circular DRL this is the look people are wanting.

EFCEC220-2F76-468F-A1BA-B517BF00AA40.jpeg

Before/after. Definitely like it all white.

9222D8C0-2699-48F5-8B21-63C2544FD3BC.jpeg

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it worked. Kind of. The ring is still on around the lights, but I changed the center bar from white to amber. I prefer the stock look better so Iā€™m going to change back, but if you can figure out how to deactivate the circular DRL this is the look people are wanting.

EFCEC220-2F76-468F-A1BA-B517BF00AA40.jpeg

Before/after. Definitely like it all white.

9222D8C0-2699-48F5-8B21-63C2544FD3BC.jpeg

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks great!
Hard to tell from the pics, but is the amber bar half bright or full bright?
(Does it even have a half bright settingā€¦?)
Sponsored