Cooknn

First Name
David Cook
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Vehicle Showcase
I logged into owner.ford.com and saw that I could build a Mach E. Would be sweet if we could build our new Bronco when reserving. I guess that would keep me happy until next April :rolleyes:

Advertisement

HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if plan pricing is something that is dictated by Ford or by dealer choice? And can the dealer ignore your eligibility?

Example: Cool Bronco launch edition is eligible for plan pricing, but the dealer says nah we're selling at MSRP plus were adding 10k because F you.

It was my understanding when I had A plan available to me( through my brother---before mother Ford shipped his job/ entire plant to Mexico) , if the vehicle is eligible, the dealer is EXTREMELY limited in what they can change in the terms. The price is set, the dealer gets paid through the hold back and that's about it.

laj.tuxmek

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
That is the full configurator for the Mustang Mach-E. It has a super simple trim structure. If you look at the order guide, there are barely any options available: https://www.macheforum.com/2021-mach-e-mustang-order-guide-first-look/

Since reservations will be available on reveal day, they would have to provide a configurator, even if it is somewhat simplified. They can't expect people to put down money unless a decent amount of details are provided. Ford isn't Tesla, after all. Not much kool-aid being consumed around here.

Superds

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, B2
First Name
Clint
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
No reservation for me. Do I want a Bronco? YES. Will I purchase a Bronco? YES... but it's not out til next spring. Which means my Mustang goes through another winter (luckily they've been warm in Jersey the last few years). So since I don't need 1st one off the lot, I can simply pick a dealer next spring and see what's available.

Now if you told me I'd get delivery by December 1, 2020, then it'd been a different story altogether.
@Ford, do your thing

tyrobronco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
If they share the pricing, I'd be open to it. If they don't, it makes 0 sense to share our interest.

Imagine if the amount of reservations breaks a record. What would that do to the price?

I'm not sure why you'd show your hand when you didn't have to.

I'd rather Ford sweat a little. More options? Better price? Earn my business.

North7

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Sorento AWD
If they share the pricing, I'd be open to it. If they don't, it makes 0 sense to share our interest.

Imagine if the amount of reservations breaks a record. What would that do to the price?

I'm not sure why you'd show your hand when you didn't have to.

I'd rather Ford sweat a little. More options? Better price? Earn my business.
Exactly! but even with pricing, I'm not giving the dealer the upper hand in negotiation.

securitysix

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
A Plan: Current Ford employee or family member. Z Plan: Retired Ford employee or family member. X Plan: Employee of a Ford business partner.
You can also get X-plan a few other ways. Membership in certain clubs (Mustang Club of America, for example) will get it for you.

X-Plan is also available to Ford stockholders, as long as they own 100 or more shares, and have owned at least 100 shares for at least 6 months prior to applying for their X-Plan PIN. This is probably the most expensive way to get into it, but if you're buying Ford stock anyway, just remember that X-Plan is one of the perks. Now if only Ford will reinstate the dividend...

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...