First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone seen this? 22K miles no issues, and last night driving home in the snow, my front end looked like a disco show. Couldn’t tell from the drivers seat, but looked to be like the drivers headlight was switching between hi beam, and no beam.
Anyone seen this?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some flicker is normal from LED lights. You can see it like when you try to take a video of your car and the camera picks up the frequency of the lights. It could just be the snow was acting in a similar way and letting you see the same strobing.

They are supposed to flicker, it's how they control light output and power and heat - but it's supposed to be so fast that you don't really notice it (Called pulse width modulation, or PWM). But occasionally other things get in there and cause us to be able to see harmonics of that flickering - like the frame rate of your video or an oncoming light or... falling snow.

If it keeps doing it even without snowfall, then something is wrong.

OP
OP
skipole70

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some flicker is normal from LED lights. You can see it like when you try to take a video of your car and the camera picks up the frequency of the lights. It could just be the snow was acting in a similar way and letting you see the same strobing.

They are supposed to flicker, it's how they control light output and power and heat - but it's supposed to be so fast that you don't really notice it (Called pulse width modulation, or PWM). But occasionally other things get in there and cause us to be able to see harmonics of that flickering - like the frame rate of your video or an oncoming light or... falling snow.

If it keeps doing it even without snowfall, then something is wrong.
Makes sense. Never seen it reflect off the snow before, so I’m gonna go with that for now and keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input, Brian

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You will also need to keep an eye on snow/ice covering these LED lights. No real heat to melt anything. I drove out of CO in a snow storm and had to keep pulling over to clean them off. It was perfect temp for precip to freeze up on them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen this? 22K miles no issues, and last night driving home in the snow, my front end looked like a disco show. Couldn’t tell from the drivers seat, but looked to be like the drivers headlight was switching between hi beam, and no beam.
Anyone seen this?
I presume you had the lights on via the "Automatic" setting. If snow was blocking/accumulating over the sensor at the top of the windshield, then it is possible the sensor was triggering the lights. You can bypass the sensor by not setting the lights on Automatic.

Of course, if the issue still occurs on the manual light setting and eliminating the weather factor, then don't hesitate to take it to the dealer.
Sponsored