SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have done more B&P on Bronco trims than I'd like to admit over a year now and I am fairly confident that this is the build for me. However, this is going to be a huge purchase for me and I just genuinely want the community's feedback if they are doing something similar or if there are conflicting thoughts or whatever else.

For context I don't expect to do any hardcore trails but I would like to be able to enjoy some low-mild level trails. I appreciate any thoughts you have to add.

Ford Bronco 2022 Big Bend - My Build, Your Opinions BB5
Ford Bronco 2022 Big Bend - My Build, Your Opinions BB1
Ford Bronco 2022 Big Bend - My Build, Your Opinions BB2
Ford Bronco 2022 Big Bend - My Build, Your Opinions BB3
Ford Bronco 2022 Big Bend - My Build, Your Opinions BB4
Sponsored

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

(SASQUAnTCH)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good....I had a similar build, except 2.3 with Cactus Grey and a soft top. Ended up with a Base 4DR 2.3 Sasquatch in VB. I think the Big Bend would have worked better for my actual uses, but what the heck. Both priced out similarly.

Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I would say is why not get the Sasquatch added since you are already getting a 2.7L and 10sp Auto. The Sasquatch package would up the axle to the 4.7 gear the 35" wheels, beadlock rims, and improved shocks. While you may not be doing hard trails for about $2500 extra (if that) you get more capability in case you get to something out on the trails you want to try.

What is your experience off-roading? And not just your driving experience but going with friends or family? Also is this a vehicle you are trying out off-roading in and think maybe later you will upgrade?

Last edited:

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Black Diamond build is almost identical and prices out only $50 more. Not saying a BD is better for your situation, just fyi.

Edit: Well, forgot to add the HD Modular Front Bumper which is another $575 on BD.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Black Diamond build is almost identical and prices out only $50 more. Not saying a BD is better for your situation, just fyi.

Edit: Well, forgot to add the HD Modular Front Bumper which is another $575 on BD.
It is if you aren't price protected, but with price protection, I think the voucher would cover that $575.

OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing I would say is why not get the Sasquatch added since you are already getting a 2.7L and 10sp Auto. The Sasquatch package would up the axle to the 4.7 gear the 35" wheels, beadlock rims, and improved shocks. While you may not be doing hard trails for about $2500 extra (if that) you get more capability in case you get to something out on the trails you want to try.

What is your experience off-roading? And not just your driving experience but going with friends or family? Also is this a vehicle you are trying out off-roading in and think maybe later you will upgrade?
Hey thanks for the input, I never really considered the sasquatch since it looked expensive and added more than what I think I would need in terms of off-roading. Same build +Sasquatch looks to go from $47,475 to $51,870 (4,395 difference). So a bit more than I'd like to spend. In experience I grew up on ATVs and off road bikes but nothing this size. I honestly don't know what to expect for my future needs in off-roading, I guess if I get really into it I could upgrade but that would probably be a ways down the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SimpleMan

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nice. I'm curious to see if the Marine Grade Vinyl is comfy on the BD. This would probably the closest second choice for me

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I was about to post this...if you can do Capable Bumper which is also steel then just go up to Black Diamond and get the rock rails, steel bumpers and mgv seating which is the best of the 3 imo.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. I'm curious to see if the Marine Grade Vinyl is comfy on the BD. This would probably the closest second choice for me
mgv is most comfortable of the 3. I have been in all trims from base to FE. BD is probably the best value trim when adding the options you're looking at and for only $50 more it's a no brainer.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was going to jump to BD but I really wanted the signature lights....... lol your build looks good and pretty much what I'm doing.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm BB with a locker also, it should be quite capable. I didn't Squatch because I really don't like huge tires and if I Squatch i would have gone Base due to cost and BB gave me some niceties.

Question, this is the first 22 Build I've see, are body color door inserts on the 4 door now???
Sponsored