Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to take the DV8 Spare tire Guard off before going to the Dealer and Complaining about my bent tailgate door. After removing the DV8 Spare Tire Guard my wife noticed right away that the door was bent because of the rubber stopper on the back of the DV8 Spare Tire Guard. As you drive and go over any speed bumps or anything that makes the back of the Bronco bounce the hard rubber bump stop seen in the first picture above over the door handle behind the DV8 Spare Tire guard metal. It vibrates and bangs on the tailgate until it creates a dent and then pulls back the edge of your tailgate. It’s very unfortunate but very obvious. I’ve contacted DV8 and sent them even more pictures and they are investigating. Here are a few more pics that shows what happened. I’m hoping to see them resolve this quickly because I really like the DV8 Spare Tire Guard and want to keep it. I’ll let you guys know on the results.

E07C677E-AC6F-4CB1-9419-23642852E4A0.jpeg

B228F495-6AE9-47C5-8BE4-8C2A77C8721F.jpeg
I thought I would update everyone on the DV8 Spare Tire Guard issue. I have not received word from DV8 at all since last week so I called and spoke to Martha and she said the engineer had gone home for the day. He would call me the next day. Nothing happened so yesterday I decided to email her for an update and have heard nothing. meanwhile, I feel stuck with no recourse it's super obvious that the DV8 Spare Tire Guard was the cause of the bent Tailgate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently replaced the tail lights with the Oracle flush mount tail lights. After doing so I noticed that the tailgate did not match the rest of the curves of the Bronco and now I have a gap between the tailgate and the body of the Bronco that did not look right. Here are a few pictures to show what I'm seeing. Turns out if you have the DV8 Spare Tire Guard from opening and closing your door every time it bumps closed it pushes on the crease of the tailgate pulling it out. I called DV8 sent them the pictures I had to call back this week but was told the guy had left for the day. I’m a really patient person an want to help fix the issue for others its a great idea and concept but i don’t like the getting ignored. I’ll give them a few more days. QUESTION does anyone else here have the DV8 Tire Guard installed?

Tailgate_door1.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg
I thought I would update everyone on the DV8 Spare Tire Guard issue. I have not received word from DV8 at all since last week so I called and spoke to Martha and she said the engineer had gone home for the day. He would call me the next day. Nothing happened so yesterday I decided to email her for an update and have heard nothing. meanwhile, I feel stuck with no recourse it's super obvious that the DV8 Spare Tire Guard was the cause of the bent Tailgate.

I'm posting on both post just in case you are following the other.
Quote Reply

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry this happened, OP. To me, this does look like poor product design. I noticed this on DV8's product page which is certainly ironic given your experience:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED 1678199565855

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to me the weight could have played a part as well. Stock wheel (35.5), tire (52) plus the tire guard (54) puts it at 141.5 lbs. The tailgate is rated for 130 lbs. I believe.
Hope you get it worked out!

Sponsored

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow OP this sucks, curious to see how they respond.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may just be a reflection but it looks like something collided with your vehicle. Are you sure someone in your household didn’t get in a wreak and that’s what this from?

D3C68D2D-8AF8-49F1-BD5E-F453BCECFF84.jpeg

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may just be a reflection but it looks like something collided with your vehicle. Are you sure someone in your household didn’t get in a wreak and that’s what this from?

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED D3C68D2D-8AF8-49F1-BD5E-F453BCECFF84
That's a reflection. But the angle does make it look like it got pushed in. I just checked mine and it's the same from approximately the same angle.

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Badlands Tailgate DAMAGED D3C68D2D-8AF8-49F1-BD5E-F453BCECFF84
That's just a glare inside the garage. Nothing wrong on that side.

Sponsored
OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing they have replied is what I'm posting below. Nothing else! But I have to say I really liked the bracket it's a real shame, having the bracket gives you so many possibilities for antennas, whips, etc. I only had it on for just a month or so.

Good Morning Armando,

This is currently over with our R&D manager as well as our Operations Manager to see what we are able to do.

Thanks,
Joey Contreras
Tech Advisor
DV8Offroad.com
951.680.9595 ext. 3226

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re positive no one backed into your Bronco and caused the damage? Looks like what would happen if you applied pressure on the lower part of the spare.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a lot of added weight. Something like that should be bumper mounted, I’d think.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re positive no one backed into your Bronco and caused the damage? Looks like what would happen if you applied pressure on the lower part of the spare.
Yes I'm sure, When you close the tailgate door you can see it hit the crease from the Hard plastic or rubber stopper on the back of the Spare Tire Guard.

AM
Sponsored