Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Everyone!

We are just getting back from Moab Bronco Safari 2023 that happened in the first week of May. Wow was that a fun event! Very well organized but you can tell the organizers and volunteers that help run the event were surprised to see the overwhelming support and participation by the Bronco community. Huge shout out to Bronco Nation for being at this event as well as running sponsored trails for Bronco Nation members. We would highly recommend coming out to this event in the future even if you do not rock crawl, you will learn a ton from the experienced crawlers and drivers that come to this event. Everyone comes for a great time and you meet amazing people within the Bronco community down to Bronco ambassadors and social media influencers... EVEN Bronco Brand Manager, Matt Winter. Amazing to see Ford connecting with their customers and supporting events like this. It is that small touch from Ford showing their appreciation to their customers and to show you are not just buying a metal object with wheels and tires but you are buying into a community and offroad culture that is unmatched. Hats off to Bronco Nation, for being one of those sources to offera community feeling to Bronco ownership. Being a Bronco Nation Member, we were able to go onto trail rides with them. Their hosted trails had experienced crawlers and drivers guiding everyone through the trail. We are especially thankful for being a Bronco Nation Member by getting access to their VIP ride with Loren Healy. We had the pleasure of meeting many customers and many new faces that came from around the nation and even Mexico!

DAY 1: Our team went down Wednesday morning to catch the first trail that morning at Poison Spyder run by Bronco Nation. We brought our Eruption green Badlands Bronco that is completely stock minus our Goose Gear set up, fridge, and Roof rack. We wanted to further push the limits of the Sasquatch suspension on the Ford Bronco platform and to be honest, we thoroughly enjoyed how well it performed on what is considered to be trails that require lifts and bigger tires. Poison Spyder is a great trail to try and with great spotting, you can do with just a Sasquatch Bronco having 35s and front and rear lockers.

The trail starts off with switch backs up the mountain and a few waterfall spots (pictured below). The first waterfall you get up to can be tricky, so we recommend a spotter to help guide you up the obstacle to avoid body damage. Melissa from Bronco Nation was a huge help spotting everyone up this obstacle!
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 0E68EE9C-D5EE-4B09-9C99-FC0C4316A0A2_1_105_c

The next major obstacle is a small narrow drop just a little bit further up the hill (pictured below)
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax BDE68DC8-C11E-4573-A540-7A91408270BE_1_105_c

After this one, We did the launch pad! Lots of fun and it feels weird but honestly is easy and not as bad as it feels.
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 7EB93445-4935-4A2F-974E-E2D647054B47_1_105_c

After this, this is the famous water fall option in Poison Spyder that feels a lot more off camber than it actually is. Again, just grab a spotter to help guide you through these spots and you will be just fine.
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax AFFBF7D1-B34C-4FCE-8320-10E588C1ADD5_1_105_c
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 5B39A529-FBC8-4A39-96D6-94D2404C51B5_1_105_c

Next is the wedgie obstacle. No where near as bad as the water fall but fun to practice taking proper lines and startling V notches in rocks.

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 0038F5F6-0D81-4E33-A5E8-FAA1636947E3_1_105_c

Next is the internet famous, as of lately, thanks to Zach, TrailRax's Marketing director, for capturing that video! Here is the famous White Bronco Raptor almost putting it on its side...
Note: If the raptor had tried to stratal the V notch in the rock, the outcome would have not been nearly as sever, even though all he got was some fender rub on rocks. When taking this obstacle, center your vehicle on the V of the rock formation so that your vehicle does not slide into the V like this.
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 30D3A4AD-E5DC-4EA5-97F8-3BD7592CA333_1_105_c
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax B17AC536-ADC5-46CC-B5F0-1E12B8E512AA_1_105_c

While we are missing some pics from the route, the rest is a lot easier with some small step up ledges and then an area at the top of the mesa where it is loose dirt and open track that allows you to switch it into a high gear and pick up some dust, amazing scenery and a great place to test your skills on some rocks!

DAY 2: We got the honor of running on the VIP ride with Loren Healy hosted by Bronco Nation on Hells Revenge. Highly recommend becoming a Bronco Nation Member to be able to attend special events like this hosted by The Bronco Nation. Very iconic trail with great scenery and some fun optional lines!

Since this trail is so iconic, we will not be doing a step by step ride along like we did with Poison Spyder. Highly recommend this trail if you have a Sasquatch Bronco or a build up one, lockers and 4 Low are highly recommended. We did every hard obstacle line besides Mickey's hotub and Esculator. All other lines were optioned in our Badlands sasquatch Bronco.

Another note: If you notice, there is a very familiar Bronco that Bronco Nation had taken to Iceland that is back in town doing Hells Revenge, anyone remember seeing this Bronco last fall??

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax F28DEAFC-D3E3-47CD-82AC-A4F9AA74BD59_1_105_c

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 39260310-B0C6-484C-93D0-55A21CCD7665_1_105_c
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 04BC6CA7-B47D-4D84-AED5-4F8BCCA4F3D5_1_105_c

DAY 2.5: After this trail we decided to go find some dunes and play around in some sands in a more mellow situation than what some considered tense at Hells Revenge! We asked Loren where some sweet spots are and he recommended using the Ford Bronco Trail App that had recently been released and he gave us an idea of some good places to go in town for some fast paced fun.

Scott, the owner of the White Bronco Raptor, really got after it and seemed to have fun. Even had some situations of air time in the Bronco Raptor. Hats off to Ford/ Ford Performance for making an incredible machine capable of the crazy stuff we all do in these Broncos.

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax A41C78F0-B35B-4380-95A1-D3F96ED7783E_1_105_c
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax ADEED83F-D7FA-4A92-A263-79E85DEFD693_1_105_c

DAY 3: We attended the Trail clean up hosted and run by Sons of Smokey and Bronco Nation. Boy did we collect a lot of trash! Be sure to pack out and make sure you leave the spots you go to better than you found it! We are also a major supporter of Tread Lightly as well! Both are great organizations that keep trails open for you! Be sure to assist as you can with both teams!

If you have any questions about our products or how we can help you build your Bronco, be sure to give us a call or email or even message us on social media! we want to make the process of accessorizing your Bronco or vehicle as easy as possible!

Please be advised: all content in this post is owned by TrailRax and we have full rights to this content and it should not be shared or used outside of TrailRax without permission from TrailRax. If you wish to use this content in anyway, please email or PM us. Thank you.

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 219CA8A8-C11D-4C59-8E1B-AF677078C7BB_1_105_c

Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax 2A61897A-ED18-4716-A3B1-B4C32AADF857_1_105_c
Sponsored

Last edited:

512braptor

Raptor
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You guys are absolutely amazing.

In my opinion, you build the best rack on the market. I have loved mine from the day I bought it. I did months of research to find just the right rack for my build, your rack nails it out of the park.

hank you for the kind words and the amazing time. It was so great meeting you guys and hanging out. Can’t wait to see you out on the trails next time.

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had fun rolling with y'all, until the next one 👊🏼

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are absolutely amazing.

In my opinion, you build the best rack on the market. I have loved mine from the day I bought it. I did months of research to find just the right rack for my build, your rack nails it out of the park.

hank you for the kind words and the amazing time. It was so great meeting you guys and hanging out. Can’t wait to see you out on the trails next time.
We try!

Thank you for the kind words and we are stoked to always play in the dirt with everyone! Let us know when you get back out to Utah.

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What psi you guys run while ripping it in sand dunes or Baja mode with Baja style terrain with possibility of catching a little air?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What psi you guys run while ripping it in sand dunes or Baja mode with Baja style terrain with possibility of catching a little air?
Our range is typically 12-18. If you're in super soft sand you can go lower than that. It really depends on the chances of hitting rocks/turns/style of driving. And of course, If you have beadlocks you can go lower!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on the Poison Spider run with you guys, great time! Here’s a shot of you on the waterfall.
Ford Bronco 2023 Moab Bronco Safari Recap from TrailRax IMG_3040
Heck yeah! Thanks for that shot. Great day on the trails with you!

Sponsored

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

👏👏👏
I see now from everyone's pics I need to just quit work from April-May so I can go to EJS and Bronco Safari.
Absolutely. Worth it haha. United By Bronco in Sand Hollow was fun too!

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like a ton of fun! Just curious, because it's hard to tell from pictures, what percentage of the Broncos were on 37" vs 35" tires?
Sponsored