Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, we got 2 chairs stored in the Bronco so we resort to sitting outside of the vehicle under the awning or around a camp fire. sitting in the vehicle cargo space is not very fun to begin with.
Agree not fun - Sometimes ncessary depending what type of travel you are doing
Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First of all, love your profile pic. Looks like an updated Lightning with Saleen wheels, digging the whole aesthetic.

As for the Bronco, it's built the way they want it, and honestly, it's pretty similar to how I built mine, except they used much higher end components, have a lot more stuff, and probably use it way more than I do. They also have 2 more doors. OK, maybe not that similar after breaking it down. 😅 But if I could, I probably would. If I were overlanding, I'd prefer this setup over sleeping inside, since I'd have to unpack everything just to sleep, and then repack to get moving in the morning. I'd much rather cook a quick meal on the tailgate table and climb up to the RTT and sleep.
thanks! its just some rando F150 pic I found
I was just trying to understand the use case Ex: Global overlanding vs N America camping

basically becasue of that high floor - and storage under it instead of vertical storage

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the chance to see this build at the PNW overland. It is so well thought out. Your crew was fantastic about going over so many things with me....which I immediately forgot when moving on to the next "shiny cool thing". Thanks so much for starting this thread to document it all!

Also, major props to Jack and your guys at Overland. Super customer service. Looking forward to installing my halfrack/pak rak combo that I ordered over the weekend.

Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the AFT top stronger? Assuming so since you guys have big weight up there but wanted to confirm. Not a benefit I'd thought about but having a better rating on what you can carry on top is a big selling point to an aftermarket top.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a load of Mr. Moneybags over here!
I keep seeing all these $40k-$50k-$75k builds with "thanks to our sponsors..."

I'm all... "Gee, I'd love some free stuff...."

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After carefully reading and studying this amazing build, I determined I can afford... the Bronco Attic.
#worth don't spend all your money in one place though! LOL.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the AFT top stronger? Assuming so since you guys have big weight up there but wanted to confirm. Not a benefit I'd thought about but having a better rating on what you can carry on top is a big selling point to an aftermarket top.
Nope this is an OEM Hardtop. No issues in the fiberglass. Does not even flex, our Pak Rax takes the load real well and keeps it stable. We wanted to prove to our customers and potential customers the capability of our rack so they do not feel they were gimmicked with numbers. Lots of brands like to put really heavy objects on their rack and it goes viral on social media but what people forget is that it is a static load, static load is very easy to handle, dynamic is a whole other beast and we are here to show it off.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope this is an OEM Hardtop. No issues in the fiberglass. Does not even flex, our Pak Rax takes the load real well and keeps it stable. We wanted to prove to our customers and potential customers the capability of our rack so they do not feel they were gimmicked with numbers. Lots of brands like to put really heavy objects on their rack and it goes viral on social media but what people forget is that it is a static load, static load is very easy to handle, dynamic is a whole other beast and we are here to show it off.
So the firmness of your rack increases the dynamic load capability of the stock hardtop?

Sorry, new to this and still getting used to the calculations.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing all these $40k-$50k-$75k builds with "thanks to our sponsors..."

I'm all... "Gee, I'd love some free stuff...."
By no means is sponsor a free item to us, yes we did receive assistance on some products but our marketing budget pays the difference when we go out and get content for brands that helped us. Vast majority of this build was paid out of pocket but we leave links to the products we have loved in this build so that if someone is interested, they can get a quick link to it. Our team are users of our own product and we have had lots of experience camping and using these products, so we help guide customers to what we like to save them money in the long run and research. This message is by no means defensive of the situation, just giving the hard truth on what happens behind the scenes. This build was put together mainly to show off the capability of our rack and stand out from the crowd.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the firmness of your rack increases the dynamic load capability of the stock hardtop?

Sorry, new to this and still getting used to the calculations.
The real difference maker we have on our rack is the side mounted rack, our Pak Rax. this system is not only an external mounting surface for your accessories but also a way of distributing weight to the body of the vehicle instead of all the weight sitting on your fiberglass. essentially the body is a subframe of your vehicle that mounts to the frame of your vehicle, it is designed to seat all your passengers and gear as well as protect you incase of a crash. This body is more capable of accepting weight and load vs fiberglass hardtop. In essence, the Pak Rax helps distribute weight to a stronger part of the vehicle that puts less stress on your hardtop.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By no means is sponsor a free item to us, yes we did receive assistance on some products but our marketing budget pays the difference when we go out and get content for brands that helped us. Vast majority of this build was paid out of pocket but we leave links to the products we have loved in this build so that if someone is interested, they can get a quick link to it. Our team are users of our own product and we have had lots of experience camping and using these products, so we help guide customers to what we like to save them money in the long run and research. This message is by no means defensive of the situation, just giving the hard truth on what happens behind the scenes. This build was put together mainly to show off the capability of our rack and stand out from the crowd.
Appreciate the info - not trying to sound bitter about your build or anything - you guys did amazing work.

It's just I see these and 95% of the components are soooo out of the price range (not to mention install / labor costs) of a lot of people, it's like looking through the window of a fine dining restaurant that only has 4 tables watching people eat Michelin star food.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This reminds me, I was meaning to ask.
I am in the process of taking off my RTT and awning, and eventually the roof rack and hard top, for the summer.
If I take off the hard top, would the PakRax be able to support the roof rack without the hardtop?
Asking for a friend.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agree not fun - Sometimes ncessary depending what type of travel you are doing
Mine came with 2 chairs in the front and 2 in the back for emergencies... and general vehicle use of course. :D
Sounds like you need one of these.
Sponsored