First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, been a while since you bought this. Any regrets?

I have a Badlands on order, non-sas. Reconsidering the Wildtrack.
I do not plan on doing so much rock crawling, more sand dunes and high-desert trails with some rocks to climb over occasionally.
Lot's of regrets. But not Wildtrack vs Badlands. My Wildtrack self destructed while being towed behind my RV. Took a long time to fix it, and the dealer didn't cover much of the rental car expense. I'm back in a Wrangler after losing a bunch of money getting rid of the Bronco. Ford has an undisclosed issue with the 2.7 automatics and flat towing. Mine took out the transmission, transfer case, and the motor that disengages the transfer case. Was stuck in neutral tow after being towed.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I came out of a very highly modified Wrangler and waffled for a bit between the Badlands and the Wildtrak. In the end, I went Wildtrak because I do not/will not rock climb like I did in the Wrangler which despite its underpowered engine is a rock crawler at heart due to its solid front axle.

The Wildtrak has been fantastic so far and I have been very happy with it versus the Wrangler. In the end, it depends on use case.

Rockhound

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lot's of regrets. But not Wildtrack vs Badlands. My Wildtrack self destructed while being towed behind my RV. Took a long time to fix it, and the dealer didn't cover much of the rental car expense. I'm back in a Wrangler after losing a bunch of money getting rid of the Bronco. Ford has an undisclosed issue with the 2.7 automatics and flat towing. Mine took out the transmission, transfer case, and the motor that disengages the transfer case. Was stuck in neutral tow after being towed.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Thought these were approved for flat tow. Good thing I do not plan on flat towing.

Rockhound

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I came out of a very highly modified Wrangler and waffled for a bit between the Badlands and the Wildtrak. In the end, I went Wildtrak because I do not/will not rock climb like I did in the Wrangler which despite its underpowered engine is a rock crawler at heart due to its solid front axle.

The Wildtrak has been fantastic so far and I have been very happy with it versus the Wrangler. In the end, it depends on use case.
Thanks for the input. Ya, I'm moving from a 99 Discovery series 2. Solid axles, underpower, factory sway disconnects, lifted with 32s. Never used it for heavy rock crawling, Despite how heavy it is, the Discovery does well in sand. It's more of a snow beast, haha.

Really, I'm on the fence over 35s vs 33s. Not sure I would utilize the sway bar disconnect since I do not do come across much requiring that much flex. I don't want to daily more equipment, but am a spirited driver and would probably enjoy the Sport mode Wildtrak has.
No Sport mode on BL, but Wildtrak does not have Rock Crawl mode. But I am a clever person and not afraid to lock, unlock stuff as needed on my own.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input. Ya, I'm moving from a 99 Discovery series 2. Solid axles, underpower, factory sway disconnects, lifted with 32s. Never used it for heavy rock crawling, Despite how heavy it is, the Discovery does well in sand. It's more of a snow beast, haha.

Really, I'm on the fence over 35s vs 33s. Not sure I would utilize the sway bar disconnect since I do not do come across much requiring that much flex. I don't want to daily more equipment, but am a spirited driver and would probably enjoy the Sport mode Wildtrak has.
No Sport mode on BL, but Wildtrak does not have Rock Crawl mode. But I am a clever person and not afraid to lock, unlock stuff as needed on my own.
Having had 33's, 35's, and 37's and given the Bronco's "stance" I would go for 35's. It is the sweet spot with regards to capability, ride quality, longevity, and cost. Yes, the 37's give you marginally more clearance, but it comes at the consequences of increased price, more maintenance (think balance/rebalance often), and increased wear on the drive train. 33" tires go the opposite direction--less clearance, but less cost and maintenance (usually).

As for the G.O.A.T. modes, someone posted that by using Forscan, you can activate the missing modes in most any of the models (just will not have the sway bar disconnect on a WT). I may add rock crawl mode to my WT at some point, but so far, I have not needed it.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I thought I was out of the market for a new Bronco, but have found two that will work and the dealers are not that overpriced - the ADM fee is acceptable in my current situation (no car, rocking rentals till I get one at my expense).

Use case for it is tow behind RV, only transportation (full time RV'ers) 3-5 off road excursions a year that include rocks - not fire roads, but real trails that test the Rubicon a bit...not hard, but not a gravel road either.

Both Broncos have the Lux package. The Badlands has the carpet flooring. The rest of the options are pretty typical of the respective trim levels.

The comparison threads between the two trim levels are a bit outdated, so here's a new one. I'm looking at a Wildtrak or a Sasquatched Badlands, both with "leather" seats, hard top, etc. Wildtrak has the Modular bumper, front bash plates, no rock slider. Badlands does not have the modular bumper listed - is it stock on them, or will it come with a capable bumper? I plan on towing from the modular bumper, so it's important.

I'm ok with manually disconnected the sway bar before a trail. I'm also ok with putting skid plates/rock rails on aftermarket. The standard HOSS 3.0 is tempting - it seems like it might be a bit more stout, from what I can find, and the Fox shocks are a no brainer. With that being said, is there any thing besides the swaybar disonnect/armor/steel rear bumper on the Badlands to make it more desirable?

If there's a recent comparison thread, point me in that direction.
1687959771070.png

1687959796145.png
I can add that I had a '21 Wildtrak, now I have the '23 Wildtrak. It rides noticeably nicer but it's also inches shorter.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22 badlands got them. Mine does for sure.
I thought all Sasquatches got them.

Either way, as long as you have the factory mount for the rear sway adding it only takes a few minutes and is something like $200.
Sponsored