Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That article said it "can't" be retrofit, but the official Ford communication says it "won't" be retrofit. I would bet that it will be possible to retrofit.
So if Ford is not going to offer the retrofit AND it is possible, will it cost me only $250?

HeberBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our 2nd order shows it has the 7 speakers and it has already been shipped. Due to be delivered this month, showing Christmas day, but I do not think that is going to happenā€¦.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guess when we go and pick up our Broncos we will have to make sure there is sound coming from that area in the trunk during our walk around inspection at pickup. Because if not someone owes us some money for sure.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even the upgraded factory B&O speaker are terrible as is the noisy Bronco listening environment. If you want decent bass it requires aftermarket equipment anyway so Iā€™d be OK with the $250 credit. Of course thatā€™s not available with the LUX but I did get a $650 credit for deleting built in navigation.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone whoā€™s taken delivery of MY ā€˜23 base, can you verify sub location? Iā€™ve seen talk of both the front dash and rear right cargo areaā€¦

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure the manufacturer is Harmon. You would be much better off with an aftermarket amp and upgrade the sub to the Kicker 8" Comp RT https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20648CT84/Kicker-48CWRT84.html
Right, just looking for the easiest integration assuming the ACM output signal and everything is going to be on these vehicles. May have to add some harness if it isn't already there. Whole thing still baffles me and don't understand why they didn't at least leave it open to a retrofit down the road. While the audio systems I was installing in the 90's have evolved, the essence is getting a signal to an amplification device then out to speakers. So, the signal from the ACM to the amp is already filtered, we're just talking about a using a small mono channel amp to drive what by all rights is a midrange speaker, not a true "sub".

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That article said it "can't" be retrofit, but the official Ford communication says it "won't" be retrofit. I would bet that it will be possible to retrofit.
One word can make all the difference...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if Ford is not going to offer the retrofit AND it is possible, will it cost me only $250?
If I use the 10 speaker part number for the amp M2DZ-18B849-A, list price is about $450.00. Looking at Ford's part system they're showing on one out of all of their warehouses and no remarks as to if more are inbound, delayed or anything from the supplier related to supply constraints. My if I were going to make some guesses, the amp, amp supplier or supplier to the supplier is having component or labor problems.

Other part that could be needed is the "RCA" from the ACM to the amp M2DZ-14D202-U (4D) M2DZ-14D202-K (2D).

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1671192408842

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to order the amp and see if we can find an alternate part from another vehicle line or something on the consumer side. Might need someone with Forscan knowledge to look into this if a function needs to be turned on...

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up a 2023 yesterday. Guess I need to go check the speaker count lol.
Trust me, you'll know if its not there.... lol

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Trust me, you'll know if its not there.... lol
Havenā€™t even turned the radio on yet since I still drive my ā€˜21 but upon checking the window sticker itā€™s got the 7 with sub. Nice!

labattbluebronco

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 silverado, 11 taurus, 01 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to order the amp and see if we can find an alternate part from another vehicle line or something on the consumer side. Might need someone with Forscan knowledge to look into this if a function needs to be turned on...
Thanks Flip, let us know if you come up with a "retrofit kit". I may be interested if the base stereo is a as bad as described. I have yet to hear it.
Sponsored