Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Flip, let us know if you come up with a "retrofit kit". I may be interested if the base stereo is a as bad as described. I have yet to hear it.
IMO the base stereo without the sub is super weak for open top use. You can make it sound ok if you tweak the settings and are running roof on with most genres that aren't bass heavy. I'm a bit of an audiophile however so I would either need B&O (which is what i opted for as i don't feel like going aftermarket as of now) or upgrade the stock.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it ever determined if the sub is still there but no amp circuitry or are both missing?

I originally was Lux but dropped to High for '23 when this upgrade was announced. Now might have to go back to Lux but really don't want the other stuff other than the B&O. Have no desire to tear things apart at this time so want factory installed.

Waiting 2 years only to have colors dropped and options changing kinda takes a lot of the fun out of the whole process. Next it will be the Signature Headlights. They already have the code created for when they are short on them and are substituting with Base lights. It's all BS since they can add a 3rd shift for Lightning production which surely uses a ton of chips yet can't fulfill reservations from 2 1/2 years ago.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
12/22 blend date and sub delete is on the window sticker. Throws out my plan to upgrade the amp and sub speaker itself in the OEM box.

Anyone with thoughts on swing gate (tailgate) mounted sub versus sourcing B&O OEM box and upgrading that unit? I am thinking about mostly audio quality and sound level difference between 8" in OEM box vs one 12" or two 10" on the gate.

FYI, Tailgate table is low on my priority list.

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

it was the first new feature listed for 2023 broncos. All standard systems would come with a 7th speaker (subwoofer). The only other "new" (returning) feature, that i can remember, for 2023s is the HVAC digital readout dial knobs.
Just got the 2023 Outer Banks, got the sub-woofer, got the numbers on the HVAC dials; I'm certainly NOT flipping this one

Sponsored

Bronco_Mo

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same. Has anyone with this on their sticker taken delivery recently? Wonder if Ford will stop installing for those with a sticker already?

11B54315-BEA5-4B28-AF50-347664D53837.jpeg
I did; last week, it's there

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY23 added a sub to the standard audio system. But now they can't build them so it only lasted about 4-6 weeks of production.
Ahh. That was a dumb move then LOL

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! Glad I got scheduled early, my 23 is almost here and WS shows 7 speakers. This is crazy, something so simple as a sub they can’t provide easily.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow! Glad I got scheduled early, my 23 is almost here and WS shows 7 speakers. This is crazy, something so simple as a sub they can’t provide easily.
It's probably the sub amp.

Fluke1

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 XL/STX, 2022 HPR Bronco Sport OB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked mine up 12/16/22. Built 12/6/2022 Has the sub, the dials, and everything I ordered!1 Glad I got picked for the build when I did. BB 2dr. mid, tow, aux switches, rear locker, keyless keypad!!!

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally don’t care. If I was getting a non lux model, I personally would be changing out all the radio components anyway. So save the money would be fine.

Muddyape

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got listing from dealer today, scheduled for 1/23/23 build week. 2d BD Sasquatch; includes $250 credit with (6) speaker system. Nothing JL Audio cant fix

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should offer a retrofit kit when available for $250 for those that they screwed...

Rockett

Big Bend
First Name
Rockett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would delete the whole damn sound system and put my own in if they would offer me a discount to do so. Very unimpressed with the system as it stands. I will end up updating it myself anyway.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is a non functional amp LOL