Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when installing the Kicker 48CWRT672, does it get wired the same as the factory sub being it has the dual 2 ohm voice coils?

I had looked for a factory sub but no luck. Ford does sell complete subs to be added to stock vehicles. Some looked very similar even down to the amp.
Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone wondering. CCPK1 was nice enough to sell me his old OEM sub unit. I replaced my dummy unit with a working one. Did the ForScan change and it works super well. It actually adds quite a bit to the OEM stereo.

So now that we know for sure the ForScan settings gets signal to that harness, you can use it to feed a LOC or speaker level in on a subwoofer amp or get the ford fusion amp and add a working speaker (what I was planning to do before I got the OEM unit)

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 02D2D4C1-68D1-4B1A-AF89-C62E0F52AE2B

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed F6D612B3-3641-4FA1-87B7-0D97E541221C

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was quick, could anyone sell me their OEM sub? I'd like to do the same thing as rutherk1. I should have my Bronco within a month.

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe I missed something but my 2023 has a sub.

Edit: Yep, I missed something. It was non-B&O.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I missed something but my 2023 has a sub.
Either you have LUX or an early 2023 build. Ford stopped installing them mid Dec on the base system due to a supply issue. Now you get and empty Amp box and a Speaker without a magnet.

For anyone wondering. CCPK1 was nice enough to sell me his old OEM sub unit. I replaced my dummy unit with a working one. Did the ForScan change and it works super well. It actually adds quite a bit to the OEM stereo.

So now that we know for sure the ForScan settings gets signal to that harness, you can use it to feed a LOC or speaker level in on a subwoofer amp or get the ford fusion amp and add a working speaker (what I was planning to do before I got the OEM unit)

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed F6D612B3-3641-4FA1-87B7-0D97E541221C

That's awesome! I like you just want some bass, not shake the neighborhood.

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco was built 3/10 and sticker shows $250 credit for subwoofer delete. Will I still get the non-functional amp and sub?

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see it’s a dummy amp and sub. Looking at getting the amp listed in the earlier post for the fusion. I don’t have forscan but a friend was a Ford tech on has fdrs. I am doing the flash for the full range to the rear speakers that is used for the JBL sound bar tonight. Does anyone know if that works for the amp as well or know how to do this using fdrs? Thanks

yazel99

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like my build date will be one the vehicles with dummy amp and sub. I will be looking to snag a working amp and sub off of someone who upgraded their audio if possible, and will be doing the forscan flash. Not a big audiophile, but would like the vehicle to be as it was intended to be before the mandatory delete! Hit me up if you have the parts just laying around!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my build date will be one the vehicles with dummy amp and sub. I will be looking to snag a working amp and sub off of someone who upgraded their audio if possible, and will be doing the forscan flash. Not a big audiophile, but would like the vehicle to be as it was intended to be before the mandatory delete! Hit me up if you have the parts just laying around!
There is an OEM Amp and Sub listed in the other thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2023-subwoofer-delete-aftermarket-add.69655/post-1860565

Sponsored

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the install today (Focus amp and 6.75" kicker) and it was Gravy. Plug and play. I'm pretty please with the sound overall.​
Question however. Is there a Forscan setting that gives you more access re: sound control? Like subwoofer level?​
TIA​

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think there is an eq for the sub but looking at the forscan setting I believe if you wrote 16f2 would give full range to the rear speakers

Awsum_Al

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think there is an eq for the sub but looking at the forscan setting I believe if you wrote 16f2 would give full range to the rear speakers
I used this .

And changed
727-01-01 from xxx 14xx xx-- to xxxx 28xx xx-- (speakers and tweeters @ 3 & 4)
and
727-01-02 from xxx2 xxxx xx-- to xxx0 xxxx xx-- (Flat EQ)

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the install today (Focus amp and 6.75" kicker) and it was Gravy. Plug and play. I'm pretty please with the sound overall.​
Question however. Is there a Forscan setting that gives you more access re: sound control? Like subwoofer level?​
TIA​
There is no setting to adjust the bass level in the Bronco standard audio?

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are folks thinking the sub/bass level is too high only after installing replacement 4” speakers front/rear? If so I’m wondering if that is bc the speakers are less efficient and requiring a higher volume setting than before to get to a desired loudness, where the sub ends up being too loud at that setting.

If this is the issue and no bass control then I might suggest either more efficient replacement speakers or a less efficient replacement subwoofer to match better with the replacement speakers.

Should have my Bronco in May and really appreciate everyone’s posts here, definitely planning some simple upgrades like those described, thanks all!
Sponsored