Sponsored

2024 Land Cruiser, 2024 Lexus GX, 2025 6th gen 4Runner - Toyota Triple Header Rollout Begins

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@NatureMan, thank you for the link, reading it and following it to their source, a Drive article, it confirms much of the new US Land Cruiser information that is being discussed on the 4Runner forums.

New Toyota Prado to get retro LandCruiser styling in the US
Drive has learned the US market is in line to get a retro makeover version of the new Toyota Prado with styling cues said to be inspired by formative LandCruiser models – including the 40 Series from the 1960s, and the 70 Series introduced in 1985 and still on sale in Australia today.

Toyota sources have told Drive the US-market model will be pitched as a hardcore off-roader with retro design cues and sold in low volumes – rather than as a high-priced luxury vehicle, such as the previous 200 Series and current 300 Series LandCruiser.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is an article and Land Cruiser rendering that according to some posts on the Toyota forums, someone from Toyota Plano Headquarters shared the link, perhaps it is getting closer to reality.

Supposably, this GR Sport trim is the street version and the offroad version would get the round headlights, larger tires, more ground clearance, etc.

2024 Toyota LandCruiser Prado GR Sport

LC%20Prado%20GR%20Sport%20Redner.jpg

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Excited to see how the 2 door turns out.
Have been wanting a short-wheelbase, 2 door, hard top with decent 4x4 capabilities.
((plus a number of other features such as reliability, good road manners,, etc ... .. . .))

Last edited:

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OH Wait !! Are we saying that the smaller silloutte in the photo is an Old model and not a new pre-release model?? If so I am really sad.
Need to find some other endeavor in life to provide meaning and value - other than looking for my ideal vehicle. :(

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OH Wait !! Are we saying that the smaller silloutte in the photo is an Old model and not a new pre-release model?? If so I am really sad.
Need to find some other endeavor in life to provide meaning and value - other than looking for my ideal vehicle. :(
Yeah, the new one is the 4-door on the right. 2 door on the left is an FJ40.

Some people are hoping the new 4runner will be smaller since the LC is getting smaller, which might also include a 2-door, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Sponsored