Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Disclaimer: I have zero "inside" knowledge, other than reading the same articles over the last couple of years that you guys have, but after reading quite a bit, here are my guesses for what we're going to see, along with my estimate of probability:

1) Android Automotive finally replaces Sync4 for the 2024 model year. Farley said a couple of years ago they were working on it, and was aiming for '23. 80% probability.

2) Various exterior or interior design changes. 80% probability.

3) Ford Canopy (i.e. Tesla's Sentry Mode). This was announced to much less fanfare also over a year ago. ADT said they're looking at Q3 of 2023 for availability. 40% probability.

4) Planned quality/reliability improvements. Admittedly, a very generic prediction, but Ford knows it's needed. 40% probability.

5) Hybrid and/or EV model. Most likely a PHEV. 40% probability.

I think it's interesting that whatever changes are made were originally slated for 2025 but moved up. I'd love to know the rationale why.

Even if only updates 1 and 3 are made, this will be a massive update. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

What are your thoughts on the 2024 model year changes?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The most guaranteed update (which isn’t here) is carrying over the digital gauges from the Raptor.

TBD if that’s 2024 or 2025, and whether it’s on certain trims and up or packaged.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The most guaranteed update (which isn’t here) is carrying over the digital gauges from the Raptor.

TBD if that’s 2024 or 2025, and whether it’s on certain trims and up or packaged.
That's probably a good one. I admit I haven't investigated the Raptor much at all. I like a few things for sure about it. I'll have to check out those gauges.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! Some fun reading there. I really like the polls. A lot of those users are concentrating on details, like back seat cupholders. That stuff is truly hard to predict. I like to stick to the big changes. I did get inspired to add a prediction that I'd completely forgotten to my list. Appreciate the extra info!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you must really like that gauge cluster. :) I like it, too.

I consider that falling under exterior or interior design changes. It would be nice, but I don't consider this a game-changing update. I did reword that particular prediction to allow it to cover things that aren't "very minor", like a gauge change.

Last edited:

dan6g

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4M
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope more models can opt for the 12" screen for 2024. I got allocation for a 2024 yesterday but went with the black diamond which doesn't have the 12" screen option.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll bite. my opinion is mostly influenced by their restrictions on my23 walk ins:
  • no more manual transmission option
  • no Sasquatch on base and perhaps no base at all
  • another 5-10% price increase
  • steering wheel optional and only available with premier package which is only available on first edition trim

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not sure why they would ‘refresh’ so soon with not even being able to keep up with demand???? Would they add things and change packages yeah I could see that but new models this soon, I have a hard time thinking they are looking for more ‘ complications ‘ in producing these models they have now except maybe a hybrid I

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure why they would ‘refresh’ so soon with not even being able to keep up with demand???? Would they add things and change packages yeah I could see that but new models this soon, I have a hard time thinking they are looking for more ‘ complications ‘ in producing these models they have now except maybe a hybrid I
It's possible these constraints for 2023 are a result of Ford trying to use up their inventory of pre-refresh parts before they update the assembly lines. Also consider that A) the 2015 Mustang was refreshed after just 3 years in 2018, and B) The Bronco was originally slated to launch in 2020 but was delayed several times, it's possible that the mid-cycle refresh was not delayed with the initial launch meaning that the pre-refresh will just have had a shorter run than anticipated. I've heard a few things that lead me to believe a refresh is coming in 2024, but so much is in the air right now and I'm sure so many decisions have changed that I think that only the executives would know for sure right now. We'll have confirmation in the next few months if we see a camoflauged Bronco rolling around Dearborn.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll bite. my opinion is mostly influenced by their restrictions on my23 walk ins:
  • no more manual transmission option
  • no Sasquatch on base and perhaps no base at all
  • another 5-10% price increase
  • steering wheel optional and only available with premier package which is only available on first edition trim
I agree!
-No more base model. -Big Bend gets a new name & becomes the base. -No more manuals. - Price increase. -Sasquatch only available on higher trims.
-Ford teases E-Bronco.

Last edited:

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd like to see gauge change as the current gauges suck. And I'm not a big fan of all this electronic bullshit that we don't need.
Sponsored

Reactions: bek