jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Besides the front facade, the exterior looks to be 95% Lexus GX (maybe there’s a kink here or there, but largely GX), same exterior dimensions, and I assume same chassis…. so my mind keeps getting stuck on poor man’s GX….when the Land Cruiser used to be the same platform as the LX (or you could say that the other way around) so it feels somewhat downgraded and cheapened as a Land Cruiser brand, but the price reflects that.

Personally, I like this, but also really like the GX.

Even the GX won’t get me out of the Bronco, but if there’s ever a path of getting rid of the bronco, it will be the desire to have a fast car in the stable, the Bronco/XC90 would be sold for a GX/used 911 (or something like that). Since the GX is probably at the top of the list in that situation as a boxy off-road SUV that fits my truck wants while truly doubling as a family suv. It’s just a great mutually uncompromised his/her/family truck. This new Land Cruiser would probably be 2nd on that list to the GX, it just wouldn’t be a close 2nd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, here’s something familiar to Bronco owners.

“The trucks will become available in Japan during the first half of 2024, and shipped to the US the following spring.”

That means Spring 2025 for the US. So, Bronco owners wanting to jump ship will have to wait for that too. :LOL:
plus a big price increase and interest rates to boot

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly really like it, not for me.....way too big and I need something I can spray out (in fact other than Jeep a Toyota is the only vehicle I've owned - '93 Pickup). The bigger takeaway from this is how much the Bronco has impacted the market. The marketing, off-road modes, and just overall direction of the press release has Bronco all over it.

Ford should be pretty happy with what they've created. Also, I would have no concerns with the hybrid, it's a Toyota, they've done their research.

Sponsored

Moxie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vw Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reminds me too much of the most recent FJ's... These will be $$$$

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm calling around to place an order the second I can. 4runner is going. This is too nice.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm calling around to place an order the second I can. 4runner is going. This is too nice.
My dealer doesn’t mark anything up
They are Toyota dealers too

west louisiana
Pm me if you want his info

these are really nice and will crush the 4 door bronco market as there’s a ton of people who will never remove the top

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer doesn’t mark anything up
They are Toyota dealers too

west louisiana
Pm me if you want his info

these are really nice and will crush the 4 door bronco market as there’s a ton of people who will never remove the top

That would be great. Message me a name and number because we’re ready to put the deal together asap. Dallas we’re going to get gouged like crazy for a few years.

Broncos are still going 5k over msrp without issue.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the one with the round headlights but it's the stripped down base version and still mid $50s before the Toyota tax adm. If I could get the base at mid $40s to even $50k I would consider it but honestly I don't feel like trading a loaded vehicle for one that's stripped down and costs more. The midrange one with rectangular headlights looks like hot vomit, hideous. I like the interior though.

Now my household waits to see what 4Runner brings. If we can get a TRD Off-road with some actual options at around $55k we would consider it and if not we'll just pay off Bronco early and buy something else for the wife. I'm really hoping to see Nissan bring back the Xterra based off the current Frontier.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMO, this pretty much confirms the 4Runner will now downsize to a real Wrangler/Bronco competitor and a good chance of manual trans too since it will share drivetrains with new Tacoma. Basically looks like they will slot it where the FJ used to be in their lineup for similar pricing to premium trim Tacomas.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bruh, the thing doesn't come out in the US for 2 years...I imagine calling dealers now would be pointless. Toyota ain't Ford where they take countless reservations. I guess some dealers maintain a "list" or something and it'll go down in order of who's willing to pay the highest adm.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hybrid lost me, call me old fashioned, but one of the things that made the LC reliable and desirable was the low stressed fairly simple engine.

I’ve had a couple of land cruisers, Lx470, GX 460, and the XO drives a Lx570

We won’t be getting another LX for her .

I would love a relatively low stress 5.0 in the Bronco, but had to settle for the “relatively” simple 2.3 ( which still makes more power than any of my previous old gen broncos.
Sponsored