First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
2500 NR deposit....? I'd be telling them to F' OFF!!!!! My dealer said an additional 100. and I will ALSO make sure that measly 200 IS refundable...just in case I do not like it...but I don't see that happening.
Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which is why any intelligent Bronco reservation holder would do well to change their reservation to a dealer that knows what theyā€™re doing.

BTW, my father was a salesman before he became a service manager. I know all about how the business works, but thank you for trying to educate me, and for trying to convince us to keep our reservations with dealers who donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing. Solid advice.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for qualifying your own poor advice for us.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this a Celtic Laker thing....?

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
[GIF of passive aggressive apologist with nothing of substance to add]

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer asked $1400 additional. But they let me know in November. I understand the point. It would really suck for the other 150,000 reservation holders to be leapfrogged because dealers built, and then were stuck with one these vehicles. Then some guy buys it off the lot. Not like they can just send them back to be reforged into the next Bronco. The next customer up is what a dealers business model has been for years. Now ford is going to penalize this action. Theyā€™ve never not had the power. Extra $ keeps them from being the only oneā€™s with skin in the game. I ask what will moving dealers do to help? Other than better allocation. If you order do u plan on buying? And if you plan on buying, what would cause you to not take delivery? Im just trying to understand what the dealer ā€œscamā€ is?
I would think the dealer allocation could swing both ways. You may be high up on the reservation list with a smaller dealer and then switch to one of the larger dealerships and drop out of the allocation numbers for MY21.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. In fact I switched to a new dealer, they entered my order today and said I had to put nothing down.
I switched to another Dealer who also does not require a deposit, even got my $100 res deposit back, and he did the DORA and ordered my truck in 2 hours. Not worried about a deposit in any case as in CA you can't have a non-refundable deposit.

Last edited:

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think the dealer allocation could swing both ways. You may be high up on the reservation list with a smaller dealer and then switch to one of the larger dealerships and drop out of the allocation numbers for MY21.
Agreed. Playing the allocation game dealer to dealer gives the earliest reservations the best chance to get a MY21. If thatā€™s why youā€˜re switching dealers.

My point being real buyers of this particular vehicle trying to get a first year model should understand why some dealers arenā€™t going to waist an order on someone not willing to put up money.

Dealers asking nothing extra down?Awesome! More power too you! But smaller dealers who donā€™t necessarily sell the # of vehicles want to ensure their allocations get converted to actual sold vehicles. If you have doubts about putting down the cash then just wait till MY22. When you can be more sure what your buying. Maybe even test drive one.

childishtrandino

Badlands
First Name
Trandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not OP but I wanted to give an update to this thread since I had my reservation at the same dealership. I called them to them I was probably going to switch dealers because they were asking so much more for a deposit than other dealers in the area. I guess that were having a lot of people cancel or switch their reservation because they told me they changed it to a $1000 non-refundable deposit.

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I paid $900 on top of the $100 for the reservation. My dealer said it would be refundable if I wanted to bail - they really just want to know that people are serious about buying. I have a second reservation and they said I wouldn't have to pay any more if choose to convert that one also. But I think i'm going to push my second reservation to 2022 in case I discover that the new options are better (then I'll sell the first one - hoping I can get my money back out of it). I am wondering if these will be going for over msrp on the secondary market for the next year or two. I have two very early numbers from day 1.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not OP but I wanted to give an update to this thread since I had my reservation at the same dealership. I called them to them I was probably going to switch dealers because they were asking so much more for a deposit than other dealers in the area. I guess that were having a lot of people cancel or switch their reservation because they told me they changed it to a $1000 non-refundable deposit.
still bullshit. Refundable or no go.
Sponsored