Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FORD is doing (for one month) what FORD said they were going to do at the beginning of this odyssey. Fulfill orders purely in the order they were received.

If the free market decided that customers would travel for a better deal. Other dealerships should have been forced to compete, instead of daddy Ford stepping in the make sure they all got a plate at the buffet.
FORD could not build them in order that they were received. If they would have done that. Assembly line would have been shut down many times due to no parts for the next Bronco in line... We would still be 5 yrs out on orders if they did.
Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FORD could not build them in order that they were received. If they would have done that. Assembly line would have been shut down many times due to no parts for the next Bronco in line... We would still be 5 yrs out on orders if they did.
That's objectively not accurate. Identical builds were delivered far out of order because dealer allocation was the first priority. Further proof is happening right now. Hundreds of people who have been waiting years are suddenly being scheduled at the same dealerships, because Ford is prioritizing the backlog.

BRON23

Wildtrak
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should be able to maintain the price protection. It's now called the model year transition private offer. See info at link below for the exact amount based on when you reserved/ordered.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...el-year-bronco-transition-private-offer-faqs/

You will also get the $2,500 incentive to switch to a different trim from the Wildtrak. You just need to not select Sasquatch, Lux package or hardtop on your new revised order. This offer is called the 2023 Model Year Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program. Details at link below.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...rder-modification-private-offer-program-faqs/

Now the agreed price with your dealer might be an issue. But since you're in a thread specific to Granger Ford I'll assume your order is with Granger. They will stick with whatever agreement relative to MSRP/Invoice that you had previously. You just have to decide if you want to gamble and try for the Wildtrak or take the offers and build something worth having. I'm guessing you'd probably go for a Badlands or Black Diamond.

You can always drive it for a couple of years and then get what you really want when the market settles down. At this point I wish I could change trims but I'm locked into the Outerbanks if I want to keep the $2,500. Sucks no matter how you look at it but with the private offers you'll get something much cheaper than anyone else.
price protection for orders in Mar 2021. I got my order 8/2021.
Also, the agreed price is the problem since different trim

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly! When asked about ADM my local dealer told me the price will be what the price will be, yeah, after that I moved my order to Granger. I can't imagine Des Moines is anymore BFE than my little corner of SC where my local Ford dealer is over 20 miles away me.
I ordered my from a small Virginia dealership that is in a rural suburb of a >1 million metro area. The internet is making the world smaller. Ford should have embraced Granger's initiative and creativity. (Reportedly, Ford applauded Granger until the big dealers muscled their way into the process.)

Even with the dealer allocation change, Ford could have allowed Granger customers move to other dealers while keeping their reservation timestamp and price protection. Maybe those folks would be paying MSRP vs. something cheaper, but at least they would have had a choice.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my from a small Virginia dealership that is in a rural suburb of a >1 million metro area. The internet is making the world smaller. Ford should have embraced Granger's initiative and creativity. (Reportedly, Ford applauded Granger until the big dealers muscled their way into the process.)

Even with the dealer allocation change, Ford could have allowed Granger customers move to other dealers while keeping their reservation timestamp and price protection. Maybe those folks would be paying MSRP vs. something cheaper, but at least they would have had a choice.
There was some limited amnesty over a year ago but FORD was gamey and not transparent as usual. Some did manage to switch but we also saw an uptick of folks who lost their orders on delivery day because they got the surprise ADM. Although I am no closer to getting a truck and it seems more and more unlikely, I am glad that I was denied a switch by FORD. The dealer I was eyeballing would not put in writing a sales price. Their trucks continue to sell with $7-20K ADMs. If I am going down, I will go down with Granger. It's an honorable Bronco death.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
price protection for orders in Mar 2021. I got my order 8/2021.
Also, the agreed price is the problem since different trim
There are two levels of price protection, level A (before Mar 2021 )and level B (after Mar 2021). Based on your order date you should qualify for the Level B in the table below.

Two-Door
SeriesLevel ALevel B
Base$3,645$2,845
Big Bend$2,750$2,350
Black Diamond$3,325$2,350
Outer Banks$2,750$2,350
Badlands$3,425$2,450
Wildtrak$3,880$3,080
First Edition$3,880-
Four-Door
SeriesLevel ALevel B
Base$3,095$2,845
Big Bend$2,245$1,995
Black Diamond$2,820$1,995
Outer Banks$2,845$2,595
Badlands$3,220$2,395
Wildtrak$3,620$2,925
Everglades-$1,995
First Edition$3,620-

Is your order with Granger or another dealer? If Granger I would expect they would honor similar pricing relative to MSRP as your original order. Anyone else then all bets are off and you'll have to renegotiate and hope for the best. Since you are switching away from a WT you'll also get the $2,500 for that. Hopefully your dealer is reasonable and doesn't try to gouge you on the revised order. I'm also in So Cal and Iowa will be a long trip but I do have family there. I decided the trip would be worth it to visit family and not get screwed on the price as nearly every So Cal Ford dealership was all to willing to do.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There was some limited amnesty over a year ago but FORD was gamey and not transparent as usual. Some did manage to switch but we also saw an uptick of folks who lost their orders on delivery day because they got the surprise ADM. Although I am no closer to getting a truck and it seems more and more unlikely, I am glad that I was denied a switch by FORD. The dealer I was eyeballing would not put in writing a sales price. Their trucks continue to sell with $7-20K ADMs. If I am going down, I will go down with Granger. It's an honorable Bronco death.
Iā€™m not aware of anyone successfully transferring from Granger although many have tried back in the early days of this show.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Eh, I am willing to bet, if you were to do a group DIY PDI day led by your mechanics, a lot of customers would be willing to participate.

Just throwing it out there. If we stuck around this long, it is because you treated us like family. I bet many of us are willing to help ease the load on your team.
Looks like we were both on the same page at the same time!
100% I'll show up a couple days early to help prep and detail. I say we all camp out in the parking lot for a party haha

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to transfer away from Granger when Ford announced the allocation evisceration. The numbers showed I wouldn't get my Bronco until 2027. I requested it on October 15, 2021. I was told it would take 3-5 days. Thankfully it still hasn't happened. Now I have a build week of Feb. 27 with my dream build at a dealer I fully trust for a great price. (Mike Levine can kiss my tailgate.)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You should bottle and market your optimism. Something I am sorely lacking. ...put me down for 2 cases. :)
Well, Iā€™m hoping for you. I certainly wasnā€™t expecting to get pulled so soon. But that was part of my thinking last fall to drop from a Badlands High to a HE thinking it gave me a shot for 23 and the price protection. The fact that Granger got 122 units scheduled on Thursday should give you hope as well. Thatā€™s more in one day than Zach was expecting for the year. At #13 you should be golden assuming Ford schedules your build type/options before reopening the floodgates.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to transfer away from Granger when Ford announced the allocation evisceration. The numbers showed I wouldn't get my Bronco until 2027. I requested it on October 15, 2021. I was told it would take 3-5 days. Thankfully it still hasn't happened. Now I have a build week of Feb. 27 with my dream build at a dealer I fully trust for a great price. (Mike Levine can kiss my tailgate.)
Yes, that was my experience as well. I couldn't get a commitment in writing from any Northern IL dealer (they are notoriously horrid) and wasted a day on hold with FORD customer service all for naught but it was for the better. Regardless of outcome, I'd rather my build go unfulfilled (as crazy as that sounds) than to be stolen by one of these shady-ass dealers out here.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Iā€™m hoping for you. I certainly wasnā€™t expecting to get pulled so soon. But that was part of my thinking last fall to drop from a Badlands High to a HE thinking it gave me a shot for 23 and the price protection. The fact that Granger got 122 units scheduled on Thursday should give you hope as well. Thatā€™s more in one day than Zach was expecting for the year. At #13 you should be golden assuming Ford schedules your build type/options before reopening the floodgates.
I'm just salty watching basesquatchs get churned out while I had to change my day 2 rez and drop SAS. As a Badlands build, everyone says its a wash because if I get the rebate, it's close to covering wheels and tires to upgrade. I want the Everglade wheels...really, really bad.
Sponsored

Last edited: