Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I defected the other direction. Original 4 door BD reservation because - Reasons. My wife and I were talking about it and she was gracious enough to point out that we have a Tundra for trips where we need to bring everything, so I should get what I want. Didn't take long for me to figure out that I could get a 2 door Badlands for the same money. Done!
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don't envision myself driving at ludicrous speed, off-road, in the desert (Slowing down slightly is, of course, out of consideration), but from the forum; I do understand that roughly 97% of folks intend to be hitting the ton every day on their commute to work and back over hard-pack desert trails, so this is a real crisis here. If only Ford made a long wheelbase, long arm suspension truck that would work at high speed desert running. Probably sell a lot of them.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I don't envision myself driving at ludicrous speed, off-road, in the desert (Slowing down slightly is, of course, out of consideration), but from the forum; I do understand that roughly 97% of folks intend to be hitting the ton every day on their commute to work and back over hard-pack desert trails, so this is a real crisis here. If only Ford made a long wheelbase, long arm suspension truck that would work at high speed desert running. Probably sell a lot of them.
Umm. Isn't the original "hype video" CGI or at least sped up from real time?

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope! 2 door Bronco for the win. I believe that the IFS and Bilstein shocks on Squatch will work really well together.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Random thought:
What if the Mustang Mach-E came in a 2-door version (more of an SUVish body than the ICE Mustang)?
How many people would by it?

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I defected as soon as official cargo length specs were guesstimated on spy shots. If the 2 door had 10 more inches in the rear I could have made it work. Maybe if they took 4 inches out of the dash and 6 inches out of the hood. But my current hopes and dreams are to buy a 4 door next year. and maybe after its payed off around 2030 and everyone is driving electrics, pick up an old gas guzzling 2.7 2 dr that has been manual swapped. Hopes and dreams.
Another 10 inches in the rear. Surprised Ashley didn't post a response to this #618TRVLWILD

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we discussed this.

the bronco wave is the middle finger.
That's only if you're passing another bronco with the "wrong" number of doors. ;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
Been driving 2 door swb 4x4s since early 90's. No issues with high speed driving and stability. BUT, haven't driven high speed in a desert, so I'll demure to those who have experience with that sort of thing.

I'm on record though, predicting some owners will incur significant damage driving high speed off-road with impacts, since these are not race trucks. Hitting some hidden stump or rock or too much air at 50mph, is a lot different than hitting some rock or ledge at 1mph crawling. I await the carnage, lol.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the early videos showing 2 doors driving through sand seemed to make them bounce like a rocking horse. That's not for me.
Hence the phrase "bucking bronco" :p At least that's what came to mind during a couple of those scenes. As a counterpoint there is a video from either KOH or MOAB of an A51 2Dr flying along at speed that makes the suspension look absolutely magic (probably should have bookmarked that one).

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I defected from the 2dr camp not for high speed desert maneuvers but because its a lot easier to get a 1 and 3 year old out the back at the day care when you don't have to put the seats foward and squeeze into the back..
But your 1 and 3 year-olds will already be 2 and 4 by the time you get your Bronco! 😄 A four-year old can climb out on his own.

Unless your kids have that rare genetic disorder where they never age, in which case, never mind! 😄

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But your 1 and 3 year-olds will already be 2 and 4 by the time you get your Bronco! 😄 A four-year old can climb out on his own.

Unless your kids have that rare genetic disorder where they never age, in which case, never mind! 😄
Ford should just add an optional hoist system to the B&P... #problemsolved
Sponsored