First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The wife and my two sisters went glamping for a weekend in my 2DR, and had plenty of room for all the things women take for a weekend. Yes, one seat was down for extra storage, and I have a modular platform built to haul things more efficiently. But he was packed to the ceiling.

One thing no one hardly discusses in the 2dr vs 4dr is driveability and sight lines. My wife drove my Yukon and my F150 with no issues, but had a lot of issues with the sight lines in a 4dr non squatch. It was a no go. We test drove a 2dr SAS, and she said yes in a heartbeat, so we ordered one. Now, she loves to drive "Frank" for errands. Just something else to consider, IMO.
Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both and to me the four door looks better, way beefier with Sasquatch. Add yourself some 37's and it's a monster. The four door has MUCH more room and unless you are really doing off road stuff where you NEED the 2 door approach/departure angles the four door is fabulous off road. The four door gives me more roof rack area/capacity, I can sleep comfortably with my wife beside me in the four door (we are both under 5'8" in height. I could go on and on but in reality it is just personal opinions based on needs/habits/hobbies/family size etc etc etc. I like the shorter doors on the four door much better than the longer doors on the two door. There is zero difference in cabin space if the seats are placed at the same place to reach the pedals, steering wheel etc. I put my left arm in the same exact spot on both when driving.

Now for the weird part. I have zero use for back seats in my Bronco. I am getting ready to trade in my two door and going back to a four door for myself and probably going to delete the rear seats and build a one off custom rear platform for a 4 door. I want to have the rear area for my dogs, packing/hauling and also have the rear doors for ease of access to it. I am an avid hunter and paddler so I want more storage space inside.

Last edited:

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, it's 2dr. My kids are grown and I used the back seat in my Crosstrek maybe 6-7 times in the 9 years I owned it. I also think the 2 Dr looks better. That said, my cousin and his wife were in he back for a 15-20 minute ride, both said there was plenty of room there once you were in.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally don't understand the 2 door mentality. If you'll never have kids, friends, dogs, go hunting, camping, etc. ok maybe it makes sense, until you go to sell it to someone just like you! lol
I have all of that

my wife has a 4 door. I have no desire to drive hers or ride in it

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have both and the to me the four door looks better, way beefier with Sasquatch. Add yourself some 37's and it's a monster. The four door has MUCH more room and unless you are really doing off road stuff where you NEED the 2 door approach/departure angles the four door is fabulous off road. The four door gives me more roof rack area/capacity, I can sleep comfortably with my wife beside me in the four door (we are both under 5'8" in height. I could go on and on but in reality it is just personal opinions based on needs/habits/hobbies/family size etc etc etc. I like the shorter doors on the four door much better than the longer doors on the two door. There is zero difference in cabin space if the seats are placed at the same place to reach the pedals, steering wheel etc. I put my left arm in the same exact spot on both when driving.

Now for the weird part. I have zero use for back seats in my Bronco. I am getting ready to trade in my two door and going back to a four door for myself and probably going to delete the rear seats and build a one off custom rear platform for a 4 door. I want to have the rear area for my dogs, packing/hauling and also have the rear doors for ease of access to it. I am an avid hunter and paddler so I want more storage space inside.
That’s odd
I’m 6’1 and my arm is no where to w same on a 4 door, neither is visibilty

my wife is 4’ll so she’s in the same position as you. The arm on the door doesn’t bother her

I’ve put dead deer and hogs in the back seat for a leather Volkswagen so there is that

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door has (imo) a better overall visual design and balance.

That said, it's best for 2 people with pets. I would not put loved ones in the back as getting out in a hurry could be an issue.

4 door for room and ease of use.
2 door for looks.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door feels like I’m driving around in a city bus… Oh wait…

2 door feels like a tin can, especially trying to get anything into the 2nd row or cargo area.

4 door is much more practical for various reasons, IMO.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
my teenage kids say that the 2dr back seats are more comfortable - the 4 door back seats have a hump that presses uncomfortably on their lower back

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess this debate will continue on Bronco6G until Bronco7G, yea?

It’s all a matter of perspective I guess. If you’re convinced you need to take the house with you to go camping and don’t use roof racks, then yes, the 2Dr won’t have enough room.

But how big is too big? How much junk is too much junk? I hear there’s this new Land Cruiser thing coming and it’s bigger than both as far as room, so guess many of the Moar Door crowd will be moving over?

2 Dr anything will always look better, but that’s proportions. Besides the looks, when you are convinced you need more, then there’s nothing anyone can tell you to dissuade, so whatever.

I’m just glad to hear the moar door guys actually going out in nature and getting it dirty. For those who don’t…… :cautious:

Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
When I was in my early 20’s, my little TJ wrangler was perfect for my needs. Now that Ive got a kid, a large dog, and dumb hobbies I need the extra space a four door allows. Sure wish I kept that jeep as a toy though.
I kept my TJ! ive got a 4door bronco and a 2 door jeep... 4door pavement princess all day

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Guess this debate will continue on Bronco6G until Bronco7G, yea?

It’s all a matter of perspective I guess. If you’re convinced you need to take the house with you to go camping and don’t use roof racks, then yes, the 2Dr won’t have enough room.

But how big is too big? How much junk is too much junk? I hear there’s this new Land Cruiser thing coming and it’s bigger than both as far as room, so guess many of the Moar Door crowd will be moving over?

2 Dr anything will always look better, but that’s proportions. Besides the looks, when you are convinced you need more, then there’s nothing anyone can tell you to dissuade, so whatever.

I’m just glad to hear the moar door guys actually going out in nature and getting it dirty. For those who don’t…… :cautious:
I've got a 2 door TJ with an atlas, why would I take my mOaR dOoR on the rocks?
the 100.4" WB on the 2 door is fantastic but im not goin to replace my Hydro assist solid axle with IFS anytime soon, now I would drop in an auto trans to replace the manual but that's another discussion.