Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious about your experience. I haven't noticed any issues personally.
It drives OK, but from the factory 30"s to the 34.5's, it went from being really short in first gear, like a granny gear, to being just a touch too tall. You have to feather the clutch just a bit more than I'd like.
Others have voiced the same, with the manual, a true 33 seems to be the ideal spot for all the driveline to work together.

Also. 6th gear became totally useless, it bogs the motor horribly and causes it to boost which SLAYS fuel mileage.
I dropped to 5th at 78mph and 2700rpm and it is the sweet spot for the motor.
Much better fuel mileage.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It drives OK, but from the factory 30"s to the 34.5's, it went from being really short in first gear, like a granny gear, to being just a touch too tall. You have to feather the clutch just a bit more than I'd like.
Others have voiced the same, with the manual, a true 33 seems to be the ideal spot for all the driveline to work together.

Also. 6th gear became totally useless, it bogs the motor horribly and causes it to boost which SLAYS fuel mileage.
I dropped to 5th at 78mph and 2700rpm and it is the sweet spot for the motor.
Much better fuel mileage.
Hmm, this must be a driving style thing. For what you have experienced I've heard people like to keep it in the sport mode and that bog down in any gear goes away for the most part.
But that you mentioned fuel mileage that is another indication for me that you likely like the smaller tires. No argument about that, smaller tires means less effort needed to start moving or stopping, thus better mileage is possible.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base 2 door, non sas, FPT. Running the 33" KO2's on Everglades OEM wheels. For my taste it looks perfect. Town, highway mix I'm averaging 23MPG. I use 6th gear anytime I'm running over 60MPH no bogging no issues accelerating.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I brought home my big bend a few weeks ago.. just had it lifted 2" and 35"s installed last Friday.

Non sas.. 2.3, auto, 3.73 gears.

They're 60 something pound tires with obviously a much greater diameter than what was stock.... and performance is completely acceptable imo. The extra weight & circumference is definitely noticable... but its not like it turned the thing into a slug.

The bronco now scoots along with a bit less gusto.. but I'd put money on it still being quicker than the '21 Ranger on 32"s that I traded in for it!

The 4.xx first gear ratio has no trouble getting things rolling, and the remaining 9 closely spaced gears always keep it in its happy space while cruising.

I've got about 150 miles on the new tires.. and the readout says I've been averaging 19mpg with them. The exact same as the old ranger on smaller tires lol.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ahh, agreed.
I was looking at it from a daily driver point of view**, thus 2H .frame of mind.. that is where my experience is with these rigs is.
I JUST got the Badlands ...last week? 10 days ago?

The 2.3/auto/4.46/32.5" is really coming to life as it is "learning".
It shifted through 10 gears like an old tractor trailer rig for those first couple hundred miles, LOL!!!
blaaaAAAHHH
mmmm
blaaaAAAHHHHHhhh
mmmm
blaaaAAAHHHhhhhhh
mmmm ........

**Probably due to the umpteenth thread on fuel mileage a little earlier today. Lol
I drive in 4A sport mode normally, the thing is just a dog in normal mode.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive in 4A sport mode normally, the thing is just a dog in normal mode.
Most times the manual responds just fine for me, but I've noticed in tight highway traffic where you are on and off the throttle a lot, it is much snappier in Sport.
It felt doggish to me in those conditions in normal mode.

FWIW, I live in a somewhat rural area, so "traffic" isn't normally a concern in my off hours.

The new 2.3/auto Badlands, I haven't driven hardly at all. The wife and daughter drive it daily, I have a company service van.
But so far, I'm quite pleased.
Sponsored