FordHorses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This morning I was able to get some more information about the shipping delays that have been getting worse. My Bronco has been "awaiting shipping" for more than 3 weeks and MAP is only 15 minutes away, so I could not understand why it has not been delivered already. The previous delivery dates passed and the current one expires today. My dealer is the largest in the country so if they can't get it delivered and can't explain what is going on, who can? I decided to call the transport company today and got some better information. They told me my Bronco is not at MAP, and therefore they do not have access to it and cannot pick it up or deliver it to my dealer where they drop vehicles every day. I don't know exactly where my Bronco is because the FordPass activation has not been accepted, but it is at one of the "dozen of places around the area where thousands of vehicles have been parked" according to the transport company. My Bronco was previously on plant hold for a few issues (A-pillar wind noise, headlights, etc.) that have been fixed. It is my understanding that vehicles have been moved to different locations to fix respective issues and I suspect the A-pillar wind noise may be related to the recent windshield adhesive recall. Despite the issues with my Bronco being resolved and having been released from the plant, it can't be shipped until Ford gets it back to MAP where the transport company can pick it up. MAP will be shut down for regular production for 3 weeks starting next week during which time they should be able to get more vehicles back to MAP for shipping as well as fixing vehicles still on hold.
Yeah, we're waiting on shipment to the same dealership lol the one with the owner's two Ford GTs parked up front :D

Despite this whole production mess from Ford, they've been great at least... this is my second vehicle from them this year, and they took care of every little issue I had with the first one.

Probably in the same/a similar lot, too, because I was on hold for the same QA issues. Have not had my FordPass activation requests accepted, either.
Sponsored

FordHorses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blue22Bronco did you have the tow package on your order?

Was starting to think that was part of my issue, despite it not being mentioned as why it has been on hold, and was kind of kicking myself for adding it instead of putting on a hitch myself after delivery.

Blue22Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Blue22Bronco did you have the tow package on your order?

Was starting to think that was part of my issue, despite it not being mentioned as why it has been on hold, and was kind of kicking myself for adding it instead of putting on a hitch myself after delivery.
Yes I have the factory tow package.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has arrived. I am picking it up in the morning.

BroncoInMD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has arrived. I am picking it up in the morning.
Congrats.
Did your tracker say it was shipped prior to arriving? Did you have an ETA? If so, did it arrive within that time frame?

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats.
Did your tracker say it was shipped prior to arriving? Did you have an ETA? If so, did it arrive within that time frame?
I got a shipped notification and I was able to track it to the rail yard delivery and then contact the dealership to expedite pickup from the yard. It arrived at the dealer on 6/29. Estimated delivery was June 30th to July 6th.

Other persons in my area have had the broncos sit at the daily yard for weeks though.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer honored original pricing from 2021 and I got the max extended warranty for $20 over cost.

35D2917B-4C06-4C23-812C-D0E4A9554F06.jpeg

Chsbronco

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a shipped notification and I was able to track it to the rail yard delivery and then contact the dealership to expedite pickup from the yard. It arrived at the dealer on 6/29. Estimated delivery was June 30th to July 6th.

Other persons in my area have had the broncos sit at the daily yard for weeks though.
Going on three weeks at the final rail yard.

CallMeCribby

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer honored original pricing from 2021 and I got the max extended warranty for $20 over cost.

35D2917B-4C06-4C23-812C-D0E4A9554F06.jpeg
Did you get the Ford Extended Warranty or the MPP which a lot of dealers seem to sell. If you don't mind me asking how much did they charge you for the warranty? I was thinking of getting one with my Bronco purchase but curious what they are charging for these roughly. For my 2020 Mustang GT I paid $3k for a 75k mile/7yr bumper to bumper. For my wife's SUV (2017 Nissan) we paid just $200 less than my Mustang warranty for the same miles and year. Congrats and nice looking Bronco!

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was surprisingly greeted with a Built email this morning…finally!
Ford Bronco 4/18/22 Build Week Group. 0899D772-7543-4FAD-B08A-0A9B5A5B93DF

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get the Ford Extended Warranty or the MPP which a lot of dealers seem to sell. If you don't mind me asking how much did they charge you for the warranty? I was thinking of getting one with my Bronco purchase but curious what they are charging for these roughly. For my 2020 Mustang GT I paid $3k for a 75k mile/7yr bumper to bumper. For my wife's SUV (2017 Nissan) we paid just $200 less than my Mustang warranty for the same miles and year. Congrats and nice looking Bronco!
$2,400 for Ford premium care 8 years, 150k mile warranty with $200 deductible.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$2,400 for Ford premium care 8 years, 150k mile warranty with $200 deductible.
That seems really good. Is that about the best you can get?

there was a thread on here a while ago about a Ford dealership selling the. Warranty at cost or cost+$50 or something. And you didn’t have to have bought your Bronco from that dealership.

Do you (or anyone) know what I’m talking about? Or how that price compares? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems really good. Is that about the best you can get?

there was a thread on here a while ago about a Ford dealership selling the. Warranty at cost or cost+$50 or something. And you didn’t have to have bought your Bronco from that dealership.

Do you (or anyone) know what I’m talking about? Or how that price compares? I couldn’t find it anywhere.
I had the same conversation at my dealership. Basically told them about flood and Grainger being at $50 over cost. She turned her computer screen over to me and show me their cost structure and that the recommended price for my warranty was $3,999. She said that she gets bonus on the number sold and the price doesn’t matter. So, she sold it to me at $20 over what the cost line showed.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same conversation at my dealership. Basically told them about flood and Grainger being at $50 over cost. She turned her computer screen over to me and show me their cost structure and that the recommended price for my warranty was $3,999. She said that she gets bonus on the number sold and the price doesn’t matter. So, she sold it to me at $20 over what the cost line showed.
Ok so it was Granger. That’s what I thought I remembered. Thanks. I’ll do the same as you when I get my Bronco this week.

Zachsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep commander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been tracking my rail car all week, finally made it to its last stop in kc but hasn't made it off the railcar yet. Sold my car and driving around my old beater jeep commander until it shows up. Ford is saying it should arrive this week, hopefully I didn't jinx myself by selling my car too soon 🤞
Sponsored