jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You said you already have an ascent? What's the problem...just use it for road trips, and the Bronco for everything else. Okay, so you cant take the Bronco on camping trips, but youll get all the smiles from around town driving.

I'm in a worse position - my wife cant drive big cars due to her size / driving capabilities...Bronco included. So the Bronco needs to serve as the "bigger car" in our stable for road trips since the second car needs to be a compact sedan/CUV. If we outgrow the Bronco, and need say a Tahoe, I have no choice but to sell the Bronco...the Bronco cant be demoted to the smaller of our two cars since my wife wont really be able to drive any of our cars at that point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The struggle is real.
Expedition FX4 + lift kit

I reserved a 2-door Bronco so I guess I am in the same boat. Going to use a roof rack + hitch rack. However, I will be replacing my wife's MKX with a used Expedition or Navigator in a few years.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I reserved a 2-door Bronco so I guess I am in the same boat. Going to use a roof rack + hitch rack. However, I will be replacing my wife's MKX with a used Expedition or Navigator in a few years.
I'm going to stop by my local Ford and see what Expeditions they have on the lot.
You said you already have an ascent? What's the problem...just use it for road trips, and the Bronco for everything else. Okay, so you cant take the Bronco on camping trips, but youll get all the smiles from around town driving.

I'm in a worse position - my wife cant drive big cars due to her size / driving capabilites. So the Bronco needs to serve as the "big car" in our stable for road trips since the second car needs to be a compact sedan/CUV. If we outgrow the Bronco I have no choice but to sell it for something bigger..the Bronco cant be demoted to our second car since my wife wont really be able to drive it.
We do already have an Ascent. It is great for dirt roads and gravel. But it's not a serious off roader. Could we make it one, no clue. I think some people do turn Subaru's into really capable overland rigs. But it is my wife's car so it's off limits for me to build like I want.

Do you guys have kids and a dog? If not, you're all set. If you have multiple kids, space runs out quickly. Add a dog and space goes real fast.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you guys have kids and a dog? If not, you're all set. If you have multiple kids, space runs out quickly. Add a dog and space goes real fast.
We do, but not 3 kids. 40 lb dog. It will be tight. Most likely getting a roofbox.

Also banking on some extra space underneath the second row seats. theres a full length cubby underneath the bottom cushion. Should be able to pick up a few cubic feet there, on top of 36 cubic feet in the rear. So 40 there, plus roofbox seems adequate. But i would NOT attempt this with 3 kids, nor plan on having 3.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeep Wagoneer is apparently just a concept for now. Looks like a flattened Suburban to me. Not my jam.
I had high hopes for that Grand Wagoneer reissue based on loving those back in the 80s.

No retro vibe to that at all.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't imagine willingly being in a car with 4other people

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine willingly being in a car with 4other people
You need to work on your imagination, mate.
I had high hopes for that Grand Wagoneer reissue based on loving those back in the 80s.

No retro vibe to that at all.
None whatsoever. Which is why the new Bronco is such an amazing vehicle. Ford did a great job making the Bronco a nod to the classic but modernizing it in a great way. The new Wagoneer looks like a generic big SUV with little to no nod to the original. I prefer the classic Cherokee Chief versus the Wagoneer, but the new one is neither.
Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? D50F102C-089A-4FAE-AC80-8CA792A35C09

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get an Excursion. We love ours for those times when you need the space or seating.
We also have a Bronco Sport and a Four door bronco reserved.
Each vehicle has a purpose.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get an Excursion. We love ours for those times when you need the space or seating.
We also have a Bronco Sport and a Four door bronco reserved.
Each vehicle has a purpose.
Your Excursion looks beastly. What engine is in that sucker?

Sponsored

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bullet proofed 6.0 PSD, 4.56 gears, air lockers front and back, Icon (formerly Donahoe Racing) hybrid eight inch lift, 38 x 15.50 x 18 tires. Oh yeah can't forget the Huvee trailer for all of the sandy wet beach gear.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bullet proofed 6.0 PSD, 4.56 gears, air lockers front and back, Icon (formerly Donahoe Racing) hybrid eight inch lift, 38 x 15.50 x 18 tires. Oh yeah can't forget the Huvee trailer for all of the sandy wet beach gear.
Damn son. You aren’t f-ing around. Nice rig.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

the expedition, including the fx4 is hopeless offroad

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the expedition, including the fx4 is hopeless offroad
Ever owned one? Others have and say different. I have no experience with them but at first glance I would have to agree with you.
Sponsored