quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
5. Buy the 2-door BL. Take the dog and whatever the two of you need to survive
Sponsored

BPSTL45

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350,2019 Shelby Mustang GT 350R,1967 Must
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

Ideally I'd buy the Bronco and it fits my family, my dog and a few days worth of gear for heading into the back country. I don't think that is feasible, or realistic from everything I'm seeing with the Bronco. Interior cargo dimensions appear to be smaller than my 4Runner's, so I'd be taking a step backwards in that regard.

"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either. Buy a trailer? Possibly an option, but that 3500lbs tow capacity is a joke, and I don't know I want two trailers - one for my Yamaha Grizzly 700 and a camping trailer/gear hauler? The Bronco can't tow a big enough toy hauler/camper.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
There should be plenty of room for you and the dog

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There should be plenty of room for you and the dog
You’re correct, as far as room for 1 man and a dog goes. But seem to missed that part about the rest of my family.
5. Buy the 2-door BL. Take the dog and whatever the two of you need to survive
I’m not sure about some of you, but I actually enjoy spending time with my wife and kids, even more so when we make memories on off road adventures.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re correct, as far as room for 1 man and a dog goes. But seem to missed that part about the rest of my family.

I’m not sure about some of you, but I actually enjoy spending time with my wife and kids, even more so when we make memories on off road adventures.
They can always tag along in the Runner

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ever owned one? Others have and say different. I have no experience with them but at first glance I would have to agree with you.
It has a completely different mission than the Bronco. It has a ton of room and carries a bunch of stuff. It will get you to a lot of camp sites, down unkept roads, etc. I wouldn't overland or rock crawl with it. Heck, when I lived in AZ, my GTI got me to pretty much every state or national park campsite.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has a completely different mission than the Bronco. It has a ton of room and carries a bunch of stuff. It will get you to a lot of camp sites, down unkept roads, etc. I wouldn't overland or rock crawl with it. Heck, when I lived in AZ, my GTI got me to pretty much every state or national park campsite.
I need an Overland style rig for sure. I suppose anything can be built to be an off road rig. Does that mean you should? Probably not...

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I really want. Gotta convince the wife.

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? maxresdefault

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? maxresdefault
For some reason my wife is totally opposed to them as well. Not sure why but she just has no interest in them or in us owning one. I may have to make an executive override but I’m not 100% sure on what route I want to take myself yet.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's one of these go for?
A little hefty at $17K I think. But then again a lot of them are that much these days. And this one is an import for Iceland so that can't be cheap.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some reason my wife is totally opposed to them as well. Not sure why but she just has no interest in them or in us owning one. I may have to make an executive override but I’m not 100% sure on what route I want to take myself yet.
Have you shown her the Mercedes version? So much classier lol

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little hefty at $17K I think. But then again a lot of them are that much these days. And this one is an import for Iceland so that can't be cheap.
Yeah, prices for many off road trailers are double or triple 17k, which is mind blowing. There are some really tricked out trailers available though. I’ve kind of always wanted a truck with the bed removed and a trailer a fixed to the rear. Like these:
Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 6855B381-9C19-4C4B-935C-0833F6C3F378

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 635DFC1E-A7E7-40C3-8AD9-88C8ED9642C6

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 9D086AC7-BA46-49BA-AEDD-2C10D06715C9

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model