First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

Ideally I'd buy the Bronco and it fits my family, my dog and a few days worth of gear for heading into the back country. I don't think that is feasible, or realistic from everything I'm seeing with the Bronco. Interior cargo dimensions appear to be smaller than my 4Runner's, so I'd be taking a step backwards in that regard.

"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either. Buy a trailer? Possibly an option, but that 3500lbs tow capacity is a joke, and I don't know I want two trailers - one for my Yamaha Grizzly 700 and a camping trailer/gear hauler? The Bronco can't tow a big enough toy hauler/camper.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
Sounds like a Raptor is in your future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t say on reliability yet (Only 6,000 miles on it) and that’s my worry too. First dodge and I only know a few people who swear by them and a whole lot who hate them. I just needed the 2 lockers, winch, and I don’t mind solid axel on a longer wheel base. Might have gotten a tremor had they been out when I got this.
I think that you get more with the Wagon than the Tremor dollar for dollar. $65k and the Wagon is loaded. $65k in the Tremor gets you an XLT.
Not gonna lie. That’s pretty hot.

jr24

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds like you may need a 3 row SUV, because even though a crew cab F150 is roomy and you can get a bed cover to allow you to keep gear dry in the bed, with 5 people and a dog, it will still be tight if traveling any distance.

With that being said, I’ve had two Tundras...good trucks but behind in refinement, tech, and features. I have a reservation in for a Bronco and plan to order a Wildtrack, but I also currently have a Gen 2 Raptor and after nearly three years, I still love it. I have no intention of getting rid of it for anything less than another Raptor.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a Raptor is in your future.
Big question is then, the new TT V6 or the ridiculous V8 they’re putting in it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like you may need a 3 row SUV, because even though a crew cab F150 is roomy and you can get a bed cover to allow you to keep gear dry in the bed, with 5 people and a dog, it will still be tight if traveling any distance.

With that being said, I’ve had two Tundras...good trucks but behind in refinement, tech, and features. I have a reservation in for a Bronco and plan to order a Wildtrack, but I also currently have a Gen 2 Raptor and after nearly three years, I still love it. I have no intention of getting rid of it for anything less than another Raptor.
Any issues at all with the Raptor? And I don’t mean any offense by this, but do you actually use it off road? Not like Johnson Valley crawling or Baja 1000 desert running, but challenging off road trails?

jr24

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any issues at all with the Raptor? And I don’t mean any offense by this, but do you actually use it off road? Not like Johnson Valley crawling or Baja 1000 desert running, but challenging off road trails?
I do occasionally take it off road, but certainly not as much as I should and nowhere near what it’s capable of doing. I will probably take the Bronco off road more than the Raptor simply because the size of the Bronco is better suited to the trails around here. The Bronco is around 10 inches narrower and 4 feet shorter than the Raptor.

The Raptor has been a great truck so far. I have had fewer problems than I did with my Tundra I had before The Raptor. I had a seat heating element go bad and a bad check valve in the vacuum system that caused the IWE to try to engage in the front axles intermittently, but both were fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do occasionally take it off road, but certainly not as much as I should and nowhere near what it’s capable of doing. I will probably take the Bronco off road more than the Raptor simply because the size of the Bronco is better suited to the trails around here. The Bronco is around 10 inches narrower and 4 feet shorter than the Raptor.

The Raptor has been a great truck so far. I have had fewer problems than I did with my Tundra I had before The Raptor. I had a seat heating element go bad and a bad check valve in the vacuum system that caused the IWE to try to engage in the front axles intermittently, but both were fixed under warranty.
Nice. Chalk up another vote for the Raptor.

Sponsored

jr24

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One other bonus for the Raptor is that if you can get in, (classes are limited) purchase of a new Raptor gets you free admission to Raptor Assault through the Ford Performance Racing School where you get to beat up on their Raptors for a day in Utah desert in Toole, Utah outside Salt Lake City....I highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember the Ford Centurion (random image from the net)
Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 1599107135256
Is that real?
I'm a little concerned there too, coming from a Tacoma. It seems that the back with folded down seats is not even really long enough for me to sleep for more than a night or two (I'm 6'3''), which is a bit disappointing, but we don't really know yet. I won't put anything on the roof, ever, I want clear blue skies above me.
I'm playing with the idea of getting a tear drop camper or build my own thing, put a RTT on top of that too, but all that is just speculation for now. I've seen posts where the cargo in the 4door is just half a foot deeper than on the 2door, which makes no sense to me, but until we get full measurements...
A hitch mounted cargo shelf is also an option.
But if I can't get 4 people plus the 50lb dog and gear in it, I might have to get something else instead. I hope it doesn't come to that, love the new Bronco!
I feel you 100% I’m 6’2” and I fit exactly at the limits of my 4Runner with the seat flat, and they lay truly flat. When I saw the interior dimensions thread a while back, I knew I was going to have issues. Super disappointing but I totally get it. Big vehicles don’t do as well off road. They wanted a Jeep killer and they made one, but understandably sacrificed to do so.
One other bonus for the Raptor is that if you can get in, (classes are limited) purchase of a new Raptor gets you free admission to Raptor Assault through the Ford Performance Racing School where you get to beat up on their Raptors for a day in Utah desert in Toole, Utah outside Salt Lake City....I highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun.
Never knew that. Yet another point for the Raptor.

BlackFordGT40

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Produced by Centurion up to 1996 either C150 or C350. I found one listed in the Ontario area for 7500, not sure if it was the big one though.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that real?
The Centurion was a semi-custom, made by an old school coach builder called,.... Centurion.
They made it by grafting a Bronco F150 rear body half to a F250 Super Duty crew cab frame and body.
Sponsored