Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BL 2DR 2.3L MT & '23 BL 2DR 2.7L AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the ride back?
It honestly drove about the same. I didn't feel the larger tires/wider stance in the steering. I'm not the most observant or OCD driver though... it feels way better than my '10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with tons (37's).

I didn't notice any gear noise... just the normal M/T noise/hum starting about 40mph, but it wasn't annoying (or I am just used to it).

I'm hoping to get a lot more miles on it soon.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm using the Rock Monster Wheels Catalog | Hutchinson (hutchinsoninc.com). They are different offset and backspacing than the OEM or any of the recommended wheels... we hoped they would clear but they didn't have a set to confirm. I'm hoping the same tire as mine will fit on a sasquatch wheel with beadlock ring (a friend is planning to go that route; also waiting).

I hope to get in with All Tech sometime next month to get everything dialed in.
good to know, thanks
Which tire?
Wayne and Lou at All Tech were great. I am in Jersey so its all be mail for me! They originally asked when i could drop it off. Said it would be a little bit of a commute! We will see if it is good to go obce everything is installed.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It honestly drove about the same. I didn't feel the larger tires/wider stance in the steering. I'm not the most observant or OCD driver though... it feels way better than my '10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with tons (37's).

I didn't notice any gear noise... just the normal M/T noise/hum starting about 40mph, but it wasn't annoying (or I am just used to it).

I'm hoping to get a lot more miles on it soon.
Great to hear.

Sponsored

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations
But I second the question!!! How did you get them already!😆
I have a similar build
Portals, waiting
Siting in garage
Stage 3 rack
Fox 2.5 tuned by All Tech
Chamburg uca
NVM aluminum belly skid with UHMW
RCI frame mount sliders (hopefully can make work with belly skids)
RCI Bash plate
Bead lock rings for factory rims
I am plaining on 40's as well and using sas rims, Quinn had said that should not be an issue. But whats up with the brake caliper hitting??? No I am concerned, and i want bead lock but don't like any rims out there. What rim did you go with? What is the specs to clear needed? Bead lock?
Tire? I am leaning towards copper stt pro,
Sorry, like @5GENIDN soooo many questions!!!
In my particular case the I needed a tiny bit more than 3/4" spacer but the only ones in stock in the area were 1.25" so I got them so I could get back home on schedule. I ordered H&R DRM 1" spacers (they were highly recommended by a buddy who wheels G Wagons fairly heavy and hard) to be my solution or stop gap. If I break stuff I'll change wheels.

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good to know, thanks
Which tire?
Wayne and Lou at All Tech were great. I am in Jersey so its all be mail for me! They originally asked when i could drop it off. Said it would be a little bit of a commute! We will see if it is good to go obce everything is installed.
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

I used their 37" Ridge Grappler on my jeep and loved them so giving the Trail Grappler a try.

I'm going to try to drop it off after KOH is over, if all my other installs are done by then.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

I used their 37" Ridge Grappler on my jeep and loved them so giving the Trail Grappler a try.
I was considering that, the baja boss and the cooper. The reviews on the cooper won me over nut as you know, untill rubber hits the road you just dont know.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great to hear.
Got to admit I am OCD on my driving. I try to understand every little signal my vehicle is sending me, sound, feel, everything. I want to understand it that way I feel more comfortable in how I treat her and how I expect her to respond. I can usually feel a pretty good difference between one tire and another. Not for good or bad, just different so my expectations change in different situations.

Yes, I tend to be OCD but but not in a negative way....

Sponsored

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good to know, thanks
Which tire?
Only if we don't get more photos.
I only have ugly photos... and photos with all the take offs making the ass sag lol. I haven't adjusted the shocks at all yet, so I presume they are wide open.

Transferring a few pics from my phone to my pc. Will edit this shortly

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got to admit I am OCD on my driving. I try to understand every little signal my vehicle is sending me, sound, feel, everything. I want to understand it that way I feel more comfortable in how I treat her and how I expect her to respond. I can usually feel a pretty good difference between one tire and another. Not for good or bad, just different so my expectations change in different situations.

Yes, I tend to be OCD but but not in a negative way....
Understandable. I wish I was. But the roads in my hometown are crap. The roads on I-40 in NM were horrible, and I had extremely low visibility due to fog in AZ on the drive back. It was basically at or just above freezing for hours so it was like ice fog lol. I was just trying to not run into or let anyone run into me ;D I'll pay closer attention next trip.. but on good roads its drove smooth. Its a little bouncy because of the new springs, untuned shocks, and I had my tires at max PSI (35 cold; 38-39 driving) because that's what ORW set them too and I didn't have my air tools or compressor. I'll probably run 28PSI around town.

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was considering that, the baja boss and the cooper. The reviews on the cooper won me over nut as you know, untill rubber hits the road you just dont know.
I kind of assume there are several good options. I honestly didn't shop around like I should have... like the wheels... I just decided I wanted to go that route a while ago and focused on other things ;D

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bored get us pictures of the rear axle. Then a few showing the portals inside the wheel front and back. I will take crappy photos just want to see what the final version looks like.
Still waiting for files to leave my outbox on my phone.

In the rear the main thing I will address in the future is I will probably change from the OEM brake lines to a hard line that more closely follows the portal box profile.
Sponsored