Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curiosity got the best of me so I found the original post on Facebook. It actually does link back to Saleen's official FB page (the guy does have other Saleens with window stickers on his profile and another similarly styled Bronco in a blue with white scheme). Which, if this is what passes for an actual Saleen build these days, is a whole bucket of sadness.

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's the trend these days. Identify as something that your not. Maybe I should list my Wildtrak and say it identifies as a Hennessey Velociraptor. It can be yours for $120,000.
Saleen does have a shop just north of Austin in round rock. So it could be touched by them but why not show the engine bay?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s a Big Bend dash with two hero switches, hazard and traction control only. Oof.

Ford Bronco $99,000 Saleen Bronco ec1
Won’t afford it but at least they are on Team Bronco. Stop being mean.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is Saleen still around?

I feel the last time they did anything worthwhile was back with the SN95 mustang.
Agreed. Typically just homely design elements and hundreds of Saleen decals everywhere. Zero performance improvements of any type

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's "Saleen" about it?
Nothing. It has ADV fenders and hood, Katskin seats, M & R light bar, and some pocket lights in the bumper, maybe baja designs or diode dynamics. Other than that, just a CB radio and ugly trim colors and graphics.

They have changed the Facebook post, it no longer claims it’s a Saleen. They do have some sort of Saleen super duty on the lot that looks legit, but this Bronco is just a mannequin that they dressed up and want twice what they have into it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did they just throw all the random parts on that they could get their hands on?

It's not cohesive at all, IMO. The exterior goes together ok.....but then you go inside, and you have.....a tan/black dash.....and then........ black and reddish brown seats? Like WTF?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update...
I've been talking to Steve Saleen himself regarding those fantastic fenders. And they aren't making them yet and don't even have a bronco yet.

I just got a call from Saleen, the Bronco is a ”Saleen performance upgrade ” model. Not a true Saleen with special VIN.

They did confirm they will be going into production on those high clearance extra wide fenders shown on the big ole model so hopefully those will be available soon and I'll be on my list if they're not exuberantly overpriced.

Last edited: