PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
i doubt there will be an available class IV hitch as the vehicle capacity is 3500#, a class III is maxing it out.
It's not always about capacity. Weight distribution is huge when towing. Having said that, properly modified I'd be good with 6000. Cue the "Experts" with no practical experience...
Sponsored

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ll get an aftermarket hitch and wiring. I wonā€™t tow anything that will require the factory suspension changes.
I did not know thereā€™s a difference in the suspension.
Can you share anymore info about this? Ive only even bought used trucks that had the hitch already there so Iā€™ve never had the need to think about these things.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you share anymore info about this? Ive only even bought used trucks that had the hitch already there so Iā€™ve never had the need to think about these things.
Yeah, going over the hitch/recommended tow capacity will require modifications. Tow your jet ski no big deal...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not always about capacity. Weight distribution is huge when towing. Having said that, properly modified I'd be good with 6000. Cue the "Experts" with no practical experience...
considering the available ford hitch is simply four through bolts to the rear crossbar of the ladder type frame, very much similar to the current generation wrangler, custom fabrication would be necessary for the additional weight capacity of a class IV hitch. ford's factory tow package does not add transmission coolers or change spring rates. so i would agree custom fabrication may be necessary...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mostly factory tow packages are more than a hitch and wiring. generally it is the addition of heavier springs, shocks and at a minimum a transmission oil cooler.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
considering the available ford hitch is simply four through bolts to the rear crossbar of the ladder type frame, very much similar to the current generation wrangler, custom fabrication would be necessary for the additional weight capacity of a class IV hitch. ford's factory tow package does not add transmission coolers or change spring rates. so i would agree custom fabrication may be necessary...
Agree. Just wonder how long it will be before "off the shelf" modifications are out there. You get it, additional transmission coolers are a necessary, and important detail most forget about...

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

mostly factory tow packages are more than a hitch and wiring. generally it is the addition of heavier springs, shocks and at a minimum a transmission oil cooler.
Yup as you say this one doesn't have any of those. I'd be interested in a rail-mounted Class III or IV simply for the added tongue weight capacity and usage of a WDH. The current Class II only allows a measly 350lb tongue weight, when traveling trailers usually have >10% tongue weight. Also since my BB has quite a high GCWR, I would probably push that 3500lb tow cap if I had a WDH on.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m guessing a good tranny cooler an a set of air bags will do the trick to up the capacity . Iā€™ll probably install the cooler no matter what they make a huge difference in the life of a transmission.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't see why (with the right modifications) it couldn't pull 7500 lbs just like the ranger. It all comes down to the suspension and the hitch.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wiring is easy to do for brake/signal lights. Does not require cutting, splicing, scotch locks, etc. There will be kits that are plug and play.
that would be nice if it were true. & I hope you are correct but unfortunately, I do not think that you are. Iā€™ve got a 4 door first edition on the way next month (of all the nonsense, Iā€™m supposed to get EVERY option, but yet not allowed to choose factory tow package because of the low GVWR).

It does NOT appear that itā€™ll just be a ā€œplug and playā€ affair. The add on trailer tow wiring kit from Ford that is currently listed in the accessories catalog is NOT the same setup youā€™d get factory installed. Itā€™s a generic kit used on many Ford vehicles is not Bronco specific. It DOES require tapping into wiring.

Sponsored

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just realized that the hitch for the Bronco is not 2". It won't even hold my bike rack. Looks like aftermarket for me.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just realized that the hitch for the Bronco is not 2". It won't even hold my bike rack. Looks like aftermarket for me.
The factory hitch is 2".

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ummmm. It is 2" you'll be fine.....

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the clarification, my blurry eyes saw class 2 and thought it wasn't. Now if the rack will clear the spare.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the clarification, my blurry eyes saw class 2 and thought it wasn't. Now if the rack will clear the spare.
That will be your bigger issue - may have to get an extender.
Sponsored