Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you have walked away from this??
9E95B270-3C2D-4608-94C0-05358EA34D8E.jpeg
That is beautiful. It's done now, so don't think about it. Chalk it up to a painful lesson....we all have them. I am amazed people order and don't have a price locked in in writing, but I realize people assume seeing the MSRP is the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tadel001

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is beautiful. It's done now, so don't think about it. Chalk it up to a painful lesson....we all have them. I am amazed people order and don't have a price locked in in writing, but I realize people assume seeing the MSRP is the same.
Quasi done. My wife wasnā€™t available so she has to go sign her part of the deal. But I have the truck!

Manasteel

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have my deal in writing with my Dealer regarding final out-the-door price. If I did not have that, would the signed Preview Order hold any sway?? Asking for others that might have had to sign the Preview Order letter as I did. Since it doesn't show ADM there I would think it's safe to assume no ADM later, but I'm not a Lawyer so....
ptqlCkV.jpg
This is the same thing I have, I assume this signed document holds the price..

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm failing to see how this is Ford's problem. Dealerships are Ford's customers. We're dealership customers.

I mean, yeah, it really sucks, but unless you're planning to bring a class action lawsuit against Ford this really is beyond their control, right?
customer satisfaction isnā€™t Fordā€™s problem? Interesting, yet horrible take.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't forget, you have social media to skewer the dealership. While I understand the dealer can sell at any price they want, it doesn't make it the right thing to do. ADM is the reason I didn't order my Bronco at my local Ford dealer who I've done business with for over 30 years. I knew damn good, and well they would throw an ADM on the Bronco by seeing what they did with other specialty vehicles, i.e. GT500's.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the same thing I have, I assume this signed document holds the price..
It doesn't, it doesn't hold anything. WHich pricing would it hold, invoice or MSRP? I realize people assume that they are agreeing to MSRP, but that's not a sales agreement in any way. Most dealers would probably still honor MSRP based on that, but certainly not all, as there is nothing there that shows their agreement to any specific price. Have them generate a price agreement, or at a minimum have them state in writing the agreed upon pricing and terms.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

customer satisfaction isnā€™t Fordā€™s problem? Interesting, yet horrible take.
Ford provides the product. They do not handle the customers. That's the dealer. Negative reviews on a dealer should be tied to the service, not the product.

FYI: In Europe, (most countries IIRC), the manufacturer owns the dealership. In North America the dealerships are privately owned. Hence why some sell multiple different makes and why there was a huge stink with Tesla selling their own cars a few years back.

Ford Motor Co = Product.
Ford Dealership of Joe Blow = Service and Sales.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

edit: This is another reason the long game with Granger, Chapman of Horsham and Stephens Auto Center was the right play for me and many others. I'm with Granger, but this situation is eliminated for buyers at these 3 locations. I should throw in the Texas Group Buy dealership as well, but I'm not sure what dealership that is. Again, good luck to you in getting some traction with Mike Levine or Ford on this.
Going with a large group buy isn't the correct answer either. Being a smart buyer and locking in your agreed upon price with a local dealer is the way to go. Buy local!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We specā€™d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
I think you had two problems:

1) You couldn't walk away from the deal. Anytime you can't walk away, you are over a barrel. You've got to be able to walk away from a deal. In the end if a dealer tried to hit me for 5k extra, I would walk.

2) When buying a car, a deal is between you and the dealer. It's not between you and Ford. You have to negotiate and nail down the price with the dealer, no assumptions, if ands or buts about it.

It bites that your dealer threw in ADM, but I'm not clear why some people are not nailing down the cost with no ambiguity, when placing the order.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only blame that I could lay at Fordā€™s feet is how they keep saying price protection. itā€™s kind of misleading. I know itā€™s the MSRP is set by Ford any price under/over is on the dealer. Not many people know Ford and the dealership are separate entities technically.
They see the price gouging as the exception rather than the rule. They know it goes on, know the dealers who do a lot of it, very much dislike it but are really powerless to stop it. Ad covenants are a good way to curb misleading advertising practices but can't stop this type of behavior. Fraud is a different animal and doesn't fall under transaction pricing policies of a dealer.

Once a vehicle hits the lot it is ours until it sells, dealer traded or destroyed. We pay it off or floor plan and pay Ford Credit or another lender interest until one of the above actions happens.

Agreed. Price protection is somewhat misleading and I would hope folks that aren't built yet will get something in writing NOW or plead their case with Ford to allow them to move their reservation. Price gouging, to me, would be a good reason for them to at least consider allowing it. There are several dealers here, I'm sure would be good with a reservation transfer just to stick it in the arse of the dealers pulling this stuff.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think his point and my is that Ford should not be touting Price Protection to us if the dealers are their customers. And we are the Dealers customers. That's a big disconnect and dishonest by Ford as well as the Dealers.
The price protection is not a factor in this situation. That is set by Ford and is in effect as stipulated. The problem with this situation is the dealer (not Ford) gouging the customer by adding cost over and beyond the company's price. Dozens of threads on this site caution perspective buyers to first seek out ethical dealerships (many are listed on this site) and to negotiate the price well in advance of the vehicle's delivery and to finalize everything in a written agreement. Buyer beware.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford provides the product. They do not handle the customers. That's the dealer. Negative reviews on a dealer should be tied to the service, not the product.

FYI: In Europe, (most countries IIRC), the manufacturer owns the dealership. In North America the dealerships are privately owned. Hence why some sell multiple different makes and why there was a huge stink with Tesla selling their own cars a few years back.

Ford Motor Co = Product.
Ford Dealership of Joe Blow = Service and Sales.
... until it becomes so common the buyers switch to a competitor's product... and it is happening.

I don't need to be hit with the same stick I see others being hit with to learn. Ford asking for another 6-12 months with no price protection is Ford's problem.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going with a large group buy isn't the correct answer either. Being a smart buyer and locking in your agreed upon price with a local dealer is the way to go. Buy local!
Sure, if you can find a dealer local to actually deal with and discuss pricing. Granger is 5 hrs away and I contacted at least 15-20 within 2 hours and got nothing and non-committal type responses. So, in my situation it's worth the wait. More than 1 way to skin a cat is the old saying. Glad your way worked out for you. I'm sure your feeling is reciprocated. I refuse to buy local from disingenuous sellers simply because "they're local". F that. I kept my sale in the United States of America, good enough as far as I'm concerned.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed. Price protection is somewhat misleading and I would hope folks that aren't built yet will get something in writing NOW or plead their case with Ford to allow them to move their reservation. Price gouging, to me, would be a good reason for them to at least consider allowing it. There are several dealers here, I'm sure would be good with a reservation transfer just to stick it in the arse of the dealers pulling this stuff.
I just did the exact thing this morning since I am now most likely moving to a MY22 order and wanted to CMA with my 21 order pricing agreement. I would hope others do the same and dont just assume.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a Ford problem. Itā€™s a dealership problem.
Sponsored