Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did we choose to run ADS on our 2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch?

First we will talk about why we chose to run to ADS on our Bronco. Our Bronco is a daily driver. We drive it to and from work, use it as a family vehicle and take it on trails every chance we get. We do a huge variety of driving with our Bronco. We do runs to get coffee. Runs to get parts. Runs to who knows where for date night. The very next day e may find ourselves on the trail with a group of friends with Raptors, TRX's and built prerunners. Those days we typically find ourselves on higher speed trails and mobbing pretty fast to keep up with the supercharged v8s and higher horsepower Raptors. The very next day we may find ourselves cruising with our local Bronco crew on slower trails and sometimes more technical trails. We wanted the best all around system. something that was designed for our vehicle, our current weight with add ons and will do all of the above well. What we landed on after much research, talking to manufacturers (only attempting to talk to them in some cases) lots and lots of deep digging, was the ADS system. ADS has the best customer service, best materials, best performance and best reliability of all of the systems we looked at. We will get into the weeds and facts on that below.

Why did we choose to offer ADS Bronco kits to our customers?

We chose to offer ADS to our customers because it is what we run and have the most first hand experience with. We felt it was the best product we could offer our customers for their Bronco. We know how much we love our kit which makes us confident our customers will love theirs as well. For us, we don't get the most pride in making a sale. Sure it's always nice to have money coming in. We love that part. The best part of what we do though is seeing our customers love what we built or sold to them. It's seeing them enjoy that product and getting out with their friends and family. We could sell other kits and make more profit but we would rather sell you the kit that you are going to love and enjoy so we can selfishly enjoy seeing your happiness. ADS has the best customer service of all of the companies either spoke to or attempted to speak to. I won't name companies by name but there are companies out there that wouldn't give us the time of day. No matter how good of product (none of theirs are as good as ADS and they are riding on a name) if the customer service isn't there, I'd never run or sell that product.

ADS products are made in America. They are all made in their Tucson Arizona Machine Shop. Many of the big names build their race kits in the USA and their bolt on kits are assembled in the USA with foreign made materials. If you see a super long lead time, this is most likely why. The ADS Bronco kit is made by the same people, on the same machines with the same materials as the kit you see on your favorite race vehicle. Speaking of race vehicles, if follow Ultra 4/ King Of The Hammers, Shannon Campbell just switched his race car and personal Jeep to ADS.

Last we will talk about now but certainly not least is the fact that we can make changes to your kit prior to shipping based on your setup. Who wants to purchase a kit with their hard earned money only to have to spend more time and money at a shock tuner getting it set to your vehicle? We sure didn't want to do that.

What sets ADS apart from the competition?

-ADS offers amazing travel numbers.
-ADS also has a true dual rate rear spring. I will go into more details on that below. Please comment if any of you have seen another company running dual rate rear spring but I have not.
-ADS Bronco kits are made in Tucson Arizona and almost always in stock and ready to ship.
-ADS tested the shocks extensively on multiple different setups to develop data to get your setup just right prior to shipping
-ADS has different part numbers for 2 door and 4 door Broncos meaning they have actually found a different in what setup works best for each and deliver that to you.
-ADS limited the travel and designed the system to go as far as the factory components would allow without damaging your parts.
-ADS has amazing customer service.
-ADS has remote reservoirs front and rear with 20 click compression adjusters.

ADS Specs:
Front:
-Spring rate will be determined on your setup of your Bronco
-Progressive Spring
-Stroke: 6.644"
-Compressed Length: 18.000"
-Extended Length: 24.644"

Rear:
-Spring rates will be determined on your setup of your Bronco
-True Dual Rate Spring Setup (See explanaition below)
-Stroke: 10.004"
-Compressed Length: 17.719"
-Extended Length: 27.723"

Last we will explain about the true dual rate spring setup. We will do our best to provide the best info without boring you. I nerd out on this stuff which is how I ended up with ADS.
What is a dual rate spring setup?
Many will tell you progressive springs are dual rate or if it has two springs on the shock/ coilover it is dual rate. Neither of these are true. To be a true dual rate you need the following:
-Two springs (Typically the top spring is lighter than the bottom for our purposes)
-Crossover ring threaded to the shock body to limit the travel of the upper spring and allow the lower spring to come into play. (This is the part most with dual springs are missing) For the lighter spring to come into play without a crossover ring, the lighter spring has to completely compress and go into spring bind.

Why do we like dual spring rate setups?

With dual spring rates it allows you to fine tune the system a little better. The lighter upper spring soaks up the smaller bumpers and lighter loads. When a larger bump is hit, the crossover ring stops the travel of the upper lighter spring and allows the heavier lower spring to come into play. To word that a different way, it allows a plusher ride, and then stiffen over the stroke to handle bigger bumps, jump landings etc. The crossover ring is adjustable so you can set how much the lighter spring compresses before it's compression is stopped and the lower spring comes into play.

How do you figure out your spring rate on a dual rate system?
The formula is (Top spring rate times Bottom spring rate) Divided by (Top spring rate +Bottom spring rate)
Standard the ADS 4 door kit comes with a 250lb top spring and 300lb bottom spring on the rear. That makes the spring rate a 136.36 over 300.

What is spring rate?
Spring rate is the amount of force in pounds it take to compress the spring every 1".
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5361
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5370
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5359
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5365
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5363
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jbandc122

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’d love to see a video of these in action.

You mentioned they were designed around factory components, so these can be dropped in without new UCAs? I plan on keeping to 35’s but could use just a little more lift.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love to see a video of these in action.

You mentioned they were designed around factory components, so these can be dropped in without new UCAs? I plan on keeping to 35’s but could use just a little more lift.
I will get some go pro footage on my next outing. I am still running stock upper control arms. I will change them out but the stock ones are working fine for now.

jbandc122

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will get some go pro footage on my next outing. I am still running stock upper control arms. I will change them out but the stock ones are working fine for now.
I look forward to it! I’ve lived a lot of places but I consider Arizona home, I’d prefer to support small AZ companies.

I'm still months out from upgrading but the wife already gave me the go-ahead.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look forward to it! I’ve lived a lot of places but I consider Arizona home, I’d prefer to support small AZ companies.

I'm still months out from upgrading but the wife already gave me the go-ahead.
Very nice!!! When you’re ready, let me know and I’ll get you free shipping.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I imagine with Holly's support, they are ramping up to produce some nice quality product. Their price tag certainly deserves it.

What we landed on after much research, talking to manufacturers (only attempting to talk to them in some cases) lots and lots of deep digging, was the ADS system. ADS has the best customer service, best materials, best performance and best reliability of all of the systems we looked at. We will get into the weeds and facts on that below.
Which brands did you research, to compare their performance & materials to ADS?

Speaking of race vehicles, if follow Ultra 4/ King Of The Hammers, Shannon Campbell just switched his race car and personal Jeep to ADS.
I did see this, pretty big move for Shannon. Hopefully it works out for him.

Last we will talk about now but certainly not least is the fact that we can make changes to your kit prior to shipping based on your setup. Who wants to purchase a kit with their hard earned money only to have to spend more time and money at a shock tuner getting it set to your vehicle? We sure didn't want to do that.
What changes are you offering?

-ADS also has a true dual rate rear spring. I will go into more details on that below. Please comment if any of you have seen another company running dual rate rear spring but I have not.
King and Radflo are currently offering dual rate rear springs.

-ADS has different part numbers for 2 door and 4 door Broncos meaning they have actually found a different in what setup works best for each and deliver that to you.
What are the differences?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ultra4 racer Josh Atterberry, or Kracker Fab, runs ADS shocks. His IG post from April of 2022 says he had the prototypes.

A more recent clip shows them in action at the last race.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ultra4 racer Josh Atterberry, or Kracker Fab, runs ADS shocks. His IG post from April of 2022 says he had the prototypes.

A more recent clip shows them in action at the last race.

The first kit he ran was the same or very close to the production kit which is the one we run on our Bronco. The current kit he is running is a custom kit but built with the same materials, same machines, same craftsman and in the same Tucson Arizona facility as all of the bolt on Bronco kits. His new custom kit is built for a little longer travel and portals.

I've had conversations with him and hope to help in his pit crew at some races this year. He lives a few hours north of us so I've talked to him about meeting up and helping out.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We did a little flex testing with our 37s. I need to bump the preload up in the front up just a bit. These are also the wrong wheels. They were supposed to be Titanium and black but are machined finish and black. The offset is wrong too. They are a +25 and supposed to be zero offset. It was nice to get to test these though. New wheels will be here soon.
Ford Bronco ADS Racing Shocks Bronco Kit IMG_5389

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine with Holly's support, they are ramping up to produce some nice quality product. Their price tag certainly deserves it.

You and I both know they produce the best product already. That is why you applied to be a dealer.

Which brands did you research, to compare their performance & materials to ADS?

I researched all of them. I am not the end all be all. I want to provide the absolute best products to my customers regardless of my profit. If I take care of the customers, we will win in the end. At the end of the day, nothing is more important than giving the customers the best product at the best price. Can we agree???

I did see this, pretty big move for Shannon. Hopefully it works out for him.

He is very happy with his decision. What does that tell you? He even switched to ADS on his personal vehicles. That tells me a lot. How about you?

What changes are you offering?

Anything and everything needed. We aren't charging extra. If we were a tuning shop, that would be super counter productive. Don't you agree?

King and Radflo are currently offering dual rate rear springs.

Radflo does offer a dual rate. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It appears they have the (Crossover Ring) built into their shock body and unadjustable. As a shock tuner, I can't imagine that is very desirable. Perhaps that is why I haven't seen you push this kit.

As far as the Kings go, all of them I have seen on the Bronco lack a crossover spring. Perhaps this video will help remind you what a true dual rate spring system is.

ring. If nothing stops the travel of the upper lighter spring is it dual rate??? perhaps this video will help.

What are the differences?

The difference in the 2 door and 4 door is testing....If you want to know the difference in the product.......well that is spring rates and valving. Does your kits that you sell have a difference in valving and spring rates or is that where you make your money?

You see, the difference between you and me is this; We own a Bronco. We aren't in this to get rich. We are in this to provide the best products for our Bronco and our customers Broncos. If you notice, we only provide one suspension system and that is because we found it to be the best. We also only only offer one Jack and one light manufacturer. We look at product and customer service. If we offer it, we believe it to be the best overall.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Shifts And Grins Fab (y)
No, we have not applied to be an ADS dealer, not sure why you said that.

We also don't sell Radflo, so wouldn't push their products.

When you purchase new from us, we do not charge for tuning.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website