Sponsored

Aftermarket lighting products - what company are you planning on using?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From everything i've heard, cheap amazon light bars are the way to go. Rigid makes a great product, but you can get light bars on amazon for a fraction of the cost.
I bought a 20” light bar 7 years ago from a company called digital diodes for $125. Came with relays, switches, brackets and very long power cables. Damm thing is still working and it even has the flood and spot leds in the bar. It is mounted on my front bumper and hasn’t cracked from any stone or road debris. I’m am in the 85,000 miles on the odometer Is the IP 68 rating was real.

The same size bar from Rigid will run $900 but comes with lifetime warrant. A KC version will run in the neighborhood of $350.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket lighting products - what company are you planning on using? 8E63DBE0-21F2-4070-AA67-60A7B77EA176
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They do look cool, but what are the practical uses of additional lights? Is this for night trail driving?
My 2013 ride has regular halogen driving lights (Not LED). The LED light bars are typically a bright clean white a 5000k rating. the light bar makes my driving headlight look like candles compared the the output of my LED bar. It is illegal to drive with the LED bar on so it is a off-road light. When you need to see at night a light bar makes a big difference.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
for off road vehicles the under lights are for guys that like to wheel in the night time. Like out here in the desert the temps are still 100f at midnight in the Summer so night runs are nice.

For practical use most have white lights so the spotter can see under the vehicle to guide you Over the obstacle. If its for looks Then any color but blue. Blue is for law enforcement and you could get a ticket or hassled for running blue lights On your rig.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also run rear facing amber chase lights day and night so people can see me easier

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is PIAA even a name in off road lighting? I've liked their products in the past on my street cars.

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100%, but if it co
They do look cool, but what are the practical uses of additional lights? Is this for night trail driving?
For me, I wish I had additional lighting because of where I live. There's a ton of windy roads and no street lights. We also have a ton of deer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks gang - my take on it is that if I can wrap it into the build and it gets xplan discount also - then I do it at build time. If not I may just go with KC since I have a long history with them. I actually helped prototype a front airdam/foglights for my 93 Explorer - and I like what they;ve done with the gravity pro LED lights and the old school day lighter feel. Also - if it is gonna be dealer installed - I'd rather do it myself. Used to do sound systems in cars and night clubs and can probably do a better job.

Last edited:

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is illegal to drive with the LED bar on so it is a off-road light.
I sincerely wish that somebody would let the 40% of trucks I see on a regular basis know that this is the case. Every work commute without fail and the majority of the time when just popping down to the grocery store I get blinded out by at least 2 or 3 trucks coming the other way.

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baja Design is the best .. you will not be disappointed.
What this guy said! I have rigids and bajas on my current vehicle- both are great products, the rigids look great, but the light output of the bajas is superior. As far as installation went I do have to say the Rigids were easier. Either brand will make you a happy customer.
Sponsored

Last edited: