Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New G-Wagons are going for $200k-$250k right now, depending on spec. They're THE status symbol at this time.

For just under $100k you can get a Lexus LX, though.
The LX is certainly not "rugged" though. At least in a lot of ways...the plastic skirts that surround the entire thing and hang ridiculously low, means it basically stays on rough dirt roads at best. I recently sold one after 10 years (still same body as the new ones), and tons of things had gone bad on the interior (leather cracking, glove box replaced, center cosole replaced at $1100 etc) and exterior. It had a fantastic V8 and was very solid mechanically.....but you're not getting "rugged" interior or exterior with an LX as far as holding up to any type of off road. I expect the Bronco to hold up way better to a beating. Just like my FJ which I paid $31k for, held up way better than the Lexus, because inside and out it was utilitarian. A lot of similarities with Bronco...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Expectation of fit & finish quality is a subjective thing.
Unless the product is way off base from current industry standard for the price range I see no issue to worry about.

Sat in two this week at the local dealer and to me Ford is within the industry standard for this class of vehicle with the fit & finish of the Bronco. No complaints and the tech looks good.

I am more interested & impressed in what they have put together under the vehicle. Need to get driving one of these bad boys asap to confirm though! Feeling pretty confident that I won't be disappointed after watching driving videos.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not too worried about plastic interior. It's pretty much in all mid to cheaper model vehicles these days. This isn't my AMG, so I'm cool with it. Besides, should be easier to clean!! However, the other concerns have mounted to the point that I've pushed my reservation to a model year 22. I have a bit of an issue committing to a $60k, first year vehicle without ever getting to test drive it. What happens if you go to pick this thing up and you simply hate it?
Then you turn around and sell it to a no-res buyer for a hefty profit and you find a MY22 you like ;)

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then you turn around and sell it to a no-res buyer for a hefty profit and you find a MY22 you like ;)
Anyone who would buy a "now used" 2021 Bronco for more than the original cost...is a fool. But there's always a fool out there!! lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not that it's plastic, it's that it's cheap, thin, poorly fitted plastic. That said I still think it's better than a Wrangler or 4runner, but that isn't saying much. Ford looked at their competitors, slightly exceeded them, but that's about it.
My buddy owns a 4-door JK Wrangler, and I never noticed an issue with the interior pieces in terms of lacking quality for the type of vehicle. Is there really an issue with the newer JL interior?

It's interesting the differences in expectation and perception people bring to the table. I'd say my interior concerns are more functional, such as the function of front passenger seat on 2-door models for rear seat access, stuff like that.

As long as it's not going to start cracking or something, the interior trim pieces are way down on my concerns list. Also the Bronco flat-ish dash looks a good candidate for some custom vinyl wrap. Did that on one of my other vehicles - looks nice. Bronco seem like it will be more user customizable than some other vehicles.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not too worried about plastic interior. It's pretty much in all mid to cheaper model vehicles these days. This isn't my AMG, so I'm cool with it. Besides, should be easier to clean!! However, the other concerns have mounted to the point that I've pushed my reservation to a model year 22. I have a bit of an issue committing to a $60k, first year vehicle without ever getting to test drive it. What happens if you go to pick this thing up and you simply hate it?
Based on the availability, the dealer will gladly cancel your purchase and sell it to someone on their waiting list. My dealer told me, if it comes in and you hate it or it doesn’t fit you....I’ll give you back your $1000 and thank you as you walk away. There will be ZERO chance they can’t sell and declined ordered vehicle.
Or you buy it, post it for sale on EBAY, grab $10-15k and be happy. Trust me, people will buy one of these and pay a premium even if there’s 500 miles on it.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
Im 50/50, all cars I’ve owned had a good amount of plastic in them. There’s a solid chance the complainers don’t get out enough. I worked on a 300k car and that had plenty of plastic on the inside. It’s more about what tolerances they are using and the type of plastic and wallthickness.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone who would buy a "now used" 2021 Bronco for more than the original cost...is a fool. But there's always a fool out there!! lol
You don't think that once we hit the road in ours that even more hype will buzz and people won't be offering 10% or more over sticker price? Do you happen to remember the C8? My dad bought at 68k and could easily make over 10k if he sold right now.
But, you're right. They are a fool! Should have reserved one in July**. I might just be hoping mine doesn't depreciate too much, or better yet *appreciates* when I drive it off the lot.
But I digress...

Last edited:

Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys should all cancel it’s obvious this vehicle isent for you if you want fine leathers and ball tickelers under your seat buy a Mercedes suv
To be honest none of this stuff bothers me at all. I’m excited about all of it and I know I’m going to love it all because all I’ve ever driven is a beater!
Just making the point that waiting for a year+ just increases the time to nit pick

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the availability, the dealer will gladly cancel your purchase and sell it to someone on their waiting list. My dealer told me, if it comes in and you hate it or it doesn’t fit you....I’ll give you back your $1000 and thank you as you walk away. There will be ZERO chance they can’t sell and declined ordered vehicle.
Or you buy it, post it for sale on EBAY, grab $10-15k and be happy. Trust me, people will buy one of these and pay a premium even if there’s 500 miles on it.
YES! My dealer said the same thing. They would only care about you selling it back because their future allocations would be affected if they dont keep a good reservation to converted order ratio.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Next week I’ll get my chance to view it for myself
I shall see Tue when I'm scheduled to see 2 in person
Hey @Husker and @BennyBronco69 when you go can you please take a photo of the GVWR plate with the available payload on the sticker below in the photo, and make quick mental notes of trim, engine, tranny, 4x4 system, and any obvious packages? As per https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-sticker-tag-picture-4-door-outer-banks.14937
I'm trying to roughly estimate how much different things add to curb weight.

Especially if you run across a loaded 2.7L 4-door BL. @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 has been trying to sort this out for a while on his build.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I've already kicked my reservation to a MY22. The dealer told me that I'd be near the top of the list given my original reservation date for the MY21. As far as Ebay'ing it if you don't like it...sure, put that to the test and let me know if someone offers you $10-15k more. You can always cancel the Ebay listing if it happens! lol

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @Husker and @BennyBronco69 when you go can you please take a photo of the GVWR plate with the available payload on the sticker below in the photo, and make quick mental notes of trim, engine, tranny, 4x4 system, and any obvious packages? As per https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-sticker-tag-picture-4-door-outer-banks.14937
I'm trying to roughly estimate how much different things add to curb weight.

Especially if you run across a loaded 2.7L 4-door BL. @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 has been trying to sort this out for a while on his build.
I hate homework!!!

Sure no problem.
Sponsored