Sponsored

Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to see it in person for myself at one of the dealer events. Then I will go see the Defender 90 as well.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see the Bronco next wed at a dealer and I'll be asking a few questions. Not sure we get to touch it. I have sat in the sport and was not impressed with the plastic in it. I guess that will be an area they can improve in the future years. For now, people will buy anything that says Bronco on it, and they will wait a year or more for it. Many of the '70's Bronco's are still on the road. I wonder how many of the 21-22 Bronco's will be on the road in 2072.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to see it in person for myself at one of the dealer events. Then I will go see the Defender 90 as well.
The Defender 90 will be more luxurious, more expensive, and less off road capable. It all depends on what you wan the vehicle for

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
I definitely think all MY21 order holders should push their orders to MY22...just to be safe...

Ford Bronco Anybody else concerned about plastic interior looking cheap? 1617993843208

Last edited:

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The longer I wait for this Bronco....the more things I keep finding that bother me ever so slightly (plastic interior, washout floors just being inserts, B&O not being great, etc). And I tend to just be happy with everything

This waiting thing isn’t working well for me lol
It seems like more plastic materials is a good thing if you want wash out floors and MVG seats. Fabric and nicer materials probably would defeat the purpose of easy off-road, care free clean-up.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see the Bronco next wed at a dealer and I'll be asking a few questions. Not sure we get to touch it. I have sat in the sport and was not impressed with the plastic in it. I guess that will be an area they can improve in the future years. For now, people will buy anything that says Bronco on it, and they will wait a year or more for it. Many of the '70's Bronco's are still on the road. I wonder how many of the 21-22 Bronco's will be on the road in 2072.
The problem is Ford dosen't fix this stuff, they just roll with it. Warped dashes were a huge problem on the last gen F150 XL, and XLT's. Ford never really fixed the problem or even made a legitimate effort to. They warped in the sun because the plastic was too thin. Ford's "fix" in later years was using more adhesive or double sided tape to hold it down. Didn't work obviously. They could have just charged $50 more per truck, put the Lariat level upper dash in there and fixed the whole issue, but no...double sided tape.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody else concerned about the plastic interior and sheer amount of it? People are saying it appears and feels cheap at the Bronco events.
I rode in a BL at KOH and thought that the interior had a tremendous amount of cheap hard plastic. As a result, I ordered a BaseSquatch because even the nicer trims seem cheap to me. Others obviously feel differently and like the design and execution of the interior. I am likely very jaded on what I expect from an automotive interior. It isn't going to be my daily driver so it really doesn't mater.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All it is making me do is flip flop back and forth about a Base 2.7/Squatch vs a loaded Badlands the difference is about $20k
I will hopefully be able to see a few trims at Bronco Celebration East.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the interior is on par for the vehicle and price. I have been in a couple now and found the materials contemporary and good looking. The BB I was in definitely had a more utilitarian feel than the OBX, but they were priced about $10K apart. Both were competitive and better looking. (to my eye) than the comparable Jeep. I do think they tried to maintain a certain level of water resistance and utility that make it hard to compare to a vehicle with a fixed roof (4Runner or Land Rover maybe?). I still have not been in an MGV, so my jury is still out, but overall the reports have been more positive than negative.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's funny because I was also cross shopping the Defender. The deciding factor for me was Land Rover's reputation. I don't want a 3 year lease, I want to long term own. Land Rover's air suspension has a 100% failure rate so in the period I would own the vehicle (at least 7 years, probably 10) I know I'd be replacing suspension parts at least once. I could always do the Doug Demuro thing and get the extended warranty, but why should I have to do that. The base Defender 90 does come with traditional suspension rather that air, but the 110 4-door was better suited to my needs than the 2 door 90. What sealed the deal was watching what happened to TFL's base defender on youtube. No thank you.

Etnadocsalev

Badlands
First Name
Nonato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Fj 17 cx 16 Cx 03 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expectation of fit & finish quality is a subjective thing.
Unless the product is way off base from current industry standard for the price range I see no issue to worry about.

Sat in two this week at the local dealer and to me Ford is within the industry standard for this class of vehicle with the fit & finish of the Bronco. No complaints and the tech looks good.

I am more interested & impressed in what they have put together under the vehicle. Need to get driving one of these bad boys asap to confirm though! Feeling pretty confident that I won't be disappointed after watching driving videos.
OWNED '10 FJ INTERIOR PLASTIC ABLE TO SPRAY WASH NO DRAIN PLUGS THOUGH VERY CONVENIENT AND FUNCTIONAL,TIME TESTED BASIC CONVENIENCES,ELECTRONICS ON LUX PACK MIGHT NOT WITHSTAND THE ABUSE,MAY NEED TO DOWNGRADE TO HIGH EVEN BASIC MID GRADE JUST MY THOUGHTS-SAVING FOR THOSE COOL AFTERMKT STUFF
Sponsored

Last edited: