Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd by lying if I said this wasn't me at times....

Ford Bronco Anybody else getting over the initial hype? 1597151402057
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am really hoping my pay goes to normal sooner rather than later. I am trending to make about $10k less this year than I did last year (covid bonus cuts) and couldā€™ve really used that money to pay off some renovations and get my condo refinanced. (A refi to my condo right now would save me ~$200 a month that could go straight to a bronco lol)

Just based on how things are trending though Iā€™m probably going to order something that guarantees late availability. Iā€™m definitely not going to be financially ready in the spring, Iā€™d be a lot more comfortable a year from now.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hype started to dissipate with the Mansquatch debacle and never really recovered.

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It dipped a week or so back with all the talk of delayed first deliveries, but once I accepted it the hype is slowly building again. The funny thing is that I did not know that I wanted this. Been wanting new vehicle for the past couple years. Love my 2010 F150, but thought I wanted a more sporty type car. Was looking at either a VW GTI or Audi A5 sportback. Wife was not into either and she said "no" to new vehicle until we need one. Oldest boy turns 16 in October and will have license by May 2021, so timing is perfect. The boy showed me the release day one and that was it. I knew I wanted it. Have not been this excited for a new vehicle in 25+ . Showed wife the Bronco and she said "I like it" and "you would't want to be sitting on the ground is a small car anyway". As with all things she is right :). So, stars are aligning...Wife says yes, boy getting license so daddy needs a new truck and we are in a position to afford exactly what I want (BD 2 door + 2.7 + Mid in cactus gray).

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
100% agreed. Bronco is a splurge that probably isnā€™t the best financially but itā€™s a car I can keep for easily 20 years, and work on building equity in my condo once Iā€™m done paying it off. I wouldnā€™t buy one if I was intending on buying another property anytime soon.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well I was on the SXS kick, but this solved many toy issues all in one so I am holding out.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% agreed. Bronco is a splurge that probably isnā€™t the best financially but itā€™s a car I can keep for easily 20 years, and work on building equity in my condo once Iā€™m done paying it off. I wouldnā€™t buy one if I was intending on buying another property anytime soon.
Given all the tech, computers, and complicated systems, I'd be a bit surprised if many mass production cars make 20 years. Love the optimism though lol.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm definitely getting over the hype. Instead of checking this board once a second for new info, I'm down to once a minute. Hoping to be down to once an hour in another month or two and...you know, get my life back.

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Absolutely NOT! It is just moved to a different phase and waiting for the next major milestone (Build and Price Tool). In the meantime, there is a lot to do, like working with the Maryland/Virginia/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware Buyers groups to see if we can wrangle all us cats and negotiate a better price, read all the news that is coming out, etc.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given all the tech, computers, and complicated systems, I'd be a bit surprised if many mass production cars make 20 years. Love the optimism though lol.
I mean I donā€™t see why not. There are plenty of corvette C4ā€™s still driving around. Are the electronics the best thing ever? Definitely not lol. But they still work fine for the most part. Bronco will only be more durable and reliable.

BTW best car ad ever is for the C4 corvette that shows off some of that tech, which Iā€™m guessing was insane for the time. (I was still 10 years from being born):

Remember too... 20 years ago was only 2000.... there were tons of computers in cars already by that point. And I see TONS of early 2000ā€™s cars on the road still.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean I donā€™t see why not. There are plenty of corvette C4ā€™s still driving around. Are the electronics the best thing ever? Definitely not lol. But they still work fine for the most part. Bronco will only be more durable and reliable.

BTW best car ad ever is for the C4 corvette that shows off some of that tech, which Iā€™m guessing was insane for the time. (I was still 10 years from being born):

Remember too... 20 years ago was only 2000.... there were tons of computers in cars already by that point.
The C4 is an abacus compared to cars now.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not flat out saying it canā€™t happenā€”I just would never bet on it given the significant advancements in even the last 15 years or so.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't take this the wrong way, I've owned plenty of Corvettes over the years and think the new mid-engine is awesome. But if the Corvette and Bronco were identicaly priced, I'd still be buying the Bronco. I guess it just fits my life style a whole lot better these days.
For what you're going to pay for the first edition, they essentially are the same price.

I will also be buying a 4-door bronco but only because I need 4 doors and winter driving.
Sponsored