Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They got a hybrid to market by December...that's impressive. Should give Bronco time to see how the competition fares in the real world. It does make it appealing as a commuter. I wonder how long the charge will last once you hit the trail though.

The Grand Wagoneer was hilarious...we get it...it's a Dodge Ram SUV. It was so cringey though to have all the dog whistles about the Wagoneer not being for the poors. But I get it, they're not a luxury brand, so they have to try to cram in a bunch of buzz words to get people over the image of MOPAR.
The analogies were what got me haha!

"If Jeep was a boat... If Jeep were a plane... If Jeep was an animal..."

We aren't dumb. You don't have to explain what an overpriced massive SUV means to you.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

suburban space shuttle :oops:

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least they have reasonable timeline for building the vehicles and making them available in showrooms
Ford really missed the mark

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Jeep were a weekend, it would be cracking a cold one with the boys in a muddy pasture on a Friday night....

Wagoneer...a chauffeured drive to your private jet as you escape to your mountain chateau

Sponsored
OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Jeep were a weekend, it would be cracking a cold one with the boys in a muddy pasture on a Friday night....

Wagoneer...a chauffeured drive to your private jet as you escape to your mountain chateau
If the Wagoneer were a theater, it would have THREE IMAX screens!

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.47.42 AM

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, the whiffed big time on the design.
Yeah, they definitely wanted to use the French accent to help hype it. But "most elegant body you could ever imagine..." is a bridge too far. It looks like they took a Durango, Ram, and Grand Cherokee and put it in a blender and called it a day.

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($100k+, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.47.42 AM

The Jeep offerings are underwhelming. I like Jeeps, but there's just nothing they have put out that is very captivating. Same old stuff, repackaged a little. Boring and expensive, for what you get. I was more excited about the Mahindra Roxor Jeep clone than any recent Jeep products!

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Grand Wagoneer is a complete flop in my mind. In a few years i might be in the market for a large SUV but the Grand Wagoneer won't be in the running. As for the PHEV wrangler its very tempting, but 30 mile electric range is awful for a 2021 vehicle. As a Tesla owner range is never what they say and chargers are still to slow and hard to find to allow the driver to push it to the limits

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All = Fugly

That hybrid Wrangler just showcases the outdated styling of the Wrangler; looks like a Hot Wheels Model T.

The Grand Wagoneer-Suburban by Infinity?

There will be no cross-shopping in my future.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy Crap that Wagoneer is ugly. That is disappointing, and I hope it doesn't hint at where the new Grand Cherokee is going. I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee and I still love the way it looks. Hope they don't screw that one up too. The Wagoneer is hideous.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bet they have the B&P up before ford tho

Not surprising...because there's nothing new. Their build and price is already created for them and it hasn't changed in years.

wow....an electric assist gas engine that can go 16 miles when full electric and when full charged I'm sure....lame.

I bet they tack on an extra $20K for the option.
Sponsored