Sponsored

Anyone else concerned about getting burned with "first to market" pricing?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think these will hold their value well. Maybe not Ford Raptor or GT500 well but like F150 or 250 well. The Bronco has a lot of heritage, and I’m willing to bet that as long as Ford has no major hiccups with manufacturing, this 2021 re-launch model will hold its value better than the 2022+ models.

Either way, like others have stated, it’s a car so don’t count on it.
Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

5.99 at the moment is the rate offered by FORD for a bronco Sport. I assumed they would use the same rate for the Bronco I hope they don't. you can check the build and price for the Sport you will see the rate are higher than the rest of the Ford lineups.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought is it's only money. You either want it or you don't. Unless mine is a complete lemon, I'm going to more than recoup my money's worth out of it.
That's another fun fact about Canada ... No lemon law here!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, been waiting decades for this vehicle. I know exactly what I want & this will be a vehicle I will have until the end unless it somehow is a complete lemon.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5.99 at the moment is the rate offered by FORD for a bronco Sport. I assumed they would use the same rate for the Bronco I hope they don't. you can check the build and price for the Sport you will see the rate are higher than the rest of the Ford lineups.
I'm seeing 5.9% for the Bronco Sport (through Ford) for an 84 month loan term. It drops to 1.9% for 60 months. 0% for 36 and 48 month terms.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm seeing 5.9% for the Bronco Sport (through Ford) for an 84 month loan term. It drops to 1.9% for 60 months. 0% for 36 and 48 month terms.
Well that’s an easy choice, I would do the 36/48 without a second thought. 0% is free money.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very difficult to know without the build and price . Here is the details of my reserve,
I live in Canada so the prices are Canadian dollar
Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.3l : 56494 + 2000 shipping = 58,494 I need to include the Mid package for sure and hard top.

The total price of my build is unknown. I'm looking at more than 60 K that's for sure.

+ 60K at probably 5.99% on probably 84 months. ( just looking at bronco sports rate and terms)

Now. for around 60K Here are my other options :

wrangler Rubicon 3.6 moderately equipped 51K at 2.99% for 96 months
wrangler Rubicon 3.0l diesel fully equip 62K at 2.99% for 96 months
4 runner TRD pro 64K at 5.79% for 84 months
Defender 110 72K at 3.92% for 72 months

Not knowing the price of the option is the real problem now. we can only suppose of this and that but if I look at the options here is what I think:

The bronco as the highest finance rate ... if they finance at the same rate as Bronco sport.
Fully equipped I expect the price to be around 70K.

So as you can see from a Canadian dollar market and perspective the Bronco Badlands base msrp seems to be overpriced about 3 to 5 K

I would like to see the price equipped bellow 65K and at the F-150 rate of 3.9%

Again , I do these comparison for fun. Just trying to establish the value of Bronco compared to others.

Please before saying my prices are all wrong CANADIAN $ as mentioned in the beginning.
:)
Man if we're lucky we can catch them during a 0% interest offer!

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

On ford Canada site the lower I get is 4.99 for 36 :(

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never buy anything if you’re likely to feel financial loss rather than pride every time you look at it. Buy it when you value the item more than the money you paid for it.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that’s an easy choice, I would do the 36/48 without a second thought. 0% is free money.
Yup. If Ford offers this type of financing on the Broncos them I'm all in at 48 months. Hell, even 60 months at 1.9% is solid. My local credit union who I've financed all of my vehicles through is usually the lowest rate I can find and they're showing 2.4% right now.

Sponsored

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry if this was asked, but should we first see what the dealer is going to offer us in terms of financing? Then if it's something like 5.9%, tell them no and go get a loan elsewhere?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always tough to negotiate a discount on a new model with a lot of hype. I have purchased a number of vehicles in that category with zero regrets. I paid a bit more but the enjoyment was more than worth it.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Always tough to negotiate a discount on a new model with a lot of hype. I have purchased a number of vehicles in that category with zero regrets. I paid a bit more but the enjoyment was more than worth it.
Not a bad plan if your not the type to keep your vehicles for a decade +. Plenty of examples of vehicles with first year, first two year major issues.

Similar to the Focus/Fiesta transmission issue, it’s best to wait a year for any major issues to rear it’s head. Plus the benefit of available discounts not on first year vehicles, possible new drivetrains that don’t get stuck with turboz; and package reconfigurations such as Vinyl floors available for order on all trims.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this was asked, but should we first see what the dealer is going to offer us in terms of financing? Then if it's something like 5.9%, tell them no and go get a loan elsewhere?
See what your bank or local credit union offers first. Use it as leverage to get a better offer from dealer finance. DO NOT go into the dealer without a rate from your bank/union.

And do this within 2-3 days of going to the dealer. This way your credit will only summarize 1 hard inquiry on your history because they’ll know you’re shopping for one item.
Sponsored