Sponsored

Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded?

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The base is easily the best value, but I wanted a 4dr manual with signature lights and rear locker. I didn’t want heavy body armor, monster truck tires or any of electronic nanny features. BB wins for me.
Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big Bend, 2.3 with the manual transmission, soft top, rear locker and aux switches with the sandstone interior....not one regret!

I do wish they would have offered the base 4 door with manual transmission, but would not have been able to add the rear locker or interior. So ultimately I am very happy with my decision!

Sounds like you are contemplating the same thing...if you can afford it, I would recommend the peace of mind in having what you want.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t regret my BB purchase at all. My biggest priorities were 7MT, 4 door to have room for my asshole dog + gear, hard top, cloth (or vented katzkins - basically no MGV/swamp ass for me in the south), and rear locker. I do some off-roading but not hardcore rock crawling, so a rear locker and the gearing with the manual should be plenty sufficient and practical.

I wasn’t sure about the sandstone, but took a chance and it looks SO much better than any pics that I’d seen beforehand, totally blew my expectations out of the water. Being able to option the sig lights and have fogs was an upside to me as well. Could I have added all these items after the fact and gone down to base? Sure. But it’s worth the money to me to save the time and hassle to do those upgrades (and have them potentially not work as well as from the factory).

My alternate build would’ve been BL with mid or high to be able to get some of the extras with the manual, but still needing to change out the seats/covers after the fact. Basically the BB checks all my boxes without having a lot of extra costs or weight that didn’t add much utility for my needs. I admittedly have a visceral hatred of the factory BB wheels and tires, so I immediately put a set of BL takeoffs on there, which were my favorites of the trim levels. Otherwise, I couldn’t be happier with my build.

I agree, build what is best for your needs and you can’t go wrong. Ford really hit it out of the park with the Bronco.

52E46DF5-E222-4BC3-9C21-081F5D1CDBD5.jpeg

Nice rig! Any pics of the asshole dog?

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I were starting from scratch again with what I know now, I'd probably go non-sasq BD.
No ragerts. I won't think about it for a second after I pick mine up (this week)?

Already have BL KO2 take-offs sitting at home waiting that I bought for a song or two. Custom Katzkins in colors not offered on any other trims.

Considering my usage, I'll still be able to do everything I want with it, and with a ton of savings/value along the way sticking with a lower trim.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m going to start off by saying I’m horrible with commitment. Long menus are the bane of my existence as I’m stuck in limbo trying to decide what to get.
That being said, I have a couple decisions I’m really stuck on: base or big bend and 2.3 vs 2.7.
I currently have a 2 door base 2.3l manual on order. Has mod bumper, aux switches, and keypad, that’s about it. Came out to $32.5k and I’m going to toss some 33”s on it pretty quick.
Now probably a bad move, but I’ve been playing with the builder and have been really tempted by the big bend only because I can get the brown cloth interior and a locker. Really everything else I want I can get aftermarket (leather steering, sig lights, white bronco lettering on grill). Thing is, that build comes out to about $40k, and if I go big bend I would want the mid package with remote start (so auto), making it $42k. And at that point, if I’m getting an auto, it may as well be the 2.7l. So $44k.
It’s not easy to justify almost $12k over the base for maybe $7k worth of upgrades, but it would be a more comfortable daily driver. I don’t off-road often, so the locker is more “nice to have”.
The middle ground I’m debating is the base with auto and 2.7l so I get the power and it’s “only” ~$36k, but I know the 2.7l is constrained and I want a 22MY if possible.
Enough of my rambling, I’d appreciate any insight from whoever got this far. Would love some thoughts from any base or big bend owners as well.

Base because I'm cheap and wanted to make it my own. Had to have the 7MT. Don't plan on hard core wheeling or would have gotten Squatch. Now, I have to stop driving it like I drove my Mustang. A car reviewer said the 2-dr stick was the "enthusiast's Bronco" I couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to stop driving it like I drove my Mustang. A car reviewer said the 2-dr stick was the "enthusiast's Bronco" I couldn't agree more.
Technically the Bronco is replacing the Mustang I traded in back in April of 21

2-doors, stick shift, Red tri-coat (HPR now instead of Rapid)... it's basically the same right?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base two door with aux switches and Sasquatch is the bang for the buck. However, the two door loaded BL is the ultimate. Lol

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Technically the Bronco is replacing the Mustang I traded in back in April of 21

2-doors, stick shift, Red tri-coat (HPR now instead of Rapid)... it's basically the same right?

Pretty much based on the avatar pic. Is that a 2006?

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Signature lights and rear locker were a mandatory for me. I was close to pulling the trigger on the black diamond, but didn't like the MGV when sitting in one & was not a fan of the steelies + lack of adding signature lighting out the box. The BB was kind of like the goldilocks between base and black diamond.

Very satisfied with my BB 7MT. Stock tires are pretty smooth looking and look a bit narrow, but they have handled surprisingly well in all the offroading I plan on doing. And, I've been getting almost 27MPG on long highway trips.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If ya haven’t ordered yet you ain’t getting my22...maybe not a my23...there is no reason in my mind to get a big bend...if ya are gonna be daily driving and doing little off-road I would get an outer banks (maybe with lux). mine will not be a daily and will see some serious off-road so base Sasquatch 2.7 with plans for $10k+ of aftermarket equipment But if the “oats” really will have the 3.0 and Hoss3 I may be on board... It really just depends on your budjet, usage and what features are important to you. Enjoy your my24!

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have to ask, why is he an asshole?
He’s a rescue and seems to have some past traumas, so we’re working through some significant reactivity and prey drive issues. The bigger issue is that he loves to have blowout diarrhea in the house and on my couch…

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BB all the way , that said I opted for 2.3, 4.27 , AT , mid-package , sig lights, Aux. switches , roof rails, running boards, sandstone cloth, keyless entry & HPR color.
41,410 .00 plus tax , 1/21/21
I don't think I overpaid for anything more than what I wanted.

I don't care if other builds are better I like what I ordered. I'm comfortable with the price , others can do as they want,.
Sponsored