Sponsored

Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch 2.7 with mod bumper and switches ran just over $40,000. If they offered lockers on the base, I would not have squatched...
Same here. Very content with front and rear lockers and 35" tires for 41k and remote start! Eventually, things like leather wrapped steering wheels will become more reasonable if you can stand the wait. If not, you should still ne able to barter the classifieds here in the forum for good deals.
Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the big bend! Of course we all wish we had more money to spend on our bronco, and I would have if I could have. I went with the big bend with locking rear differential, 2.3 engine, auxiliary switches and tow package. Would be nice to have extra features but I got everything I needed from the factory, and can always upgrade as needed. I have already upgraded to 33ā€˜s. I ended up switching to a soft top so I could get it sooner and I ended up loving that too. Except when I went camping and the raccoons got into my car through the soft top. At some point I will be ordering a hardtop.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty much based on the avatar pic. Is that a 2006?
Avatar pic is a 2008 GT. Cloth interior with the Pony Package of all things. But, I also had a 2006 GT in the pretty frost blue ( Windveil ) with the Shelby stripes.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
My story:

My original order in February was an eruption green, 2dr, BB, hardtop, mid package, aux switches, 2.7 auto.

After being on here for a few months, I decided I wanted to change my order based on a lot of the info Iā€™d read. Mostly what others loved about their broncos, and not really based on constraints. I hadnā€™t received my vin, so I was really thinking long and hard about it.

My change order was going to be a 2 Dr, eruption green, basesquach, hardtop, mod bumper, 2.3 auto, and switches. Basically a completely different build altogether lol.

So two weeks ago I received a phone call from my dealer that I would most likely be moved to a ā€˜23 model and if I still wanted it. I told them that I actually wanted to change my entire order. When I told the sales manager everything I wanted, he told me he had that exact build that someone had walked away from that day, only in velocity blue, and that heā€™d give it to me at MSRP. What are the chances of my exact build, with the exception of the color, to have been on the lot at that very moment?!?! It was a no brainer. Signed the papers and had my bronco the very next day.

I have absolutely zero regret in my change order and ā€œdowngradeā€ in trim. This is coming from a guy that has had 3 different Audiā€™s in the last 10 years (I too love to change cars every few years). I absolutely LOVE my basesquach and am planning on keeping it for the next 10 years (until I give it to my son). Iā€™ve read a lot of different opinions on here, but one thing was clear to me: basesquach owners absolutely LOVE their broncos. Also, many on here have stated that the basesquach is the best deal for the money. I drove the 2.7 and liked it a lot, but Iā€™m planning on tuning my 2.3 and have already added an exhaust and roush intake. I plan on changing the intercooler along with the charge pipes, as well. With those aftermarket upgrades, I should be pretty close, if not more, to the 2.7ā€™s stock power.

Whatever you decide, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love it. It really is a great vehicle.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Avatar pic is a 2008 GT. Cloth interior with the Pony Package of all things. But, I also had a 2006 GT in the pretty frost blue ( Windveil ) with the Shelby stripes.
Nice! I had a black 2006 v6/5-spd that I put suspension upgrades on and had fun with. Kept the body stock to accentuate the clean design.

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No regrets. However, I did have some fleeting thoughts about a '23 BL in Azure Gray. My original order was for a '21 BL, but I changed to a BB when the order converted to a '22. Buying a BB and looking at a BL is like dating a girl that has a hot sister. But, at the end of the day, I made my choice based on vehicle use and budget. My car note is less than my cable bill and it fun to drive!

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes and no. I absolutely LOVE my base with the 2.7L engine. Initially had planned to also add the Sasquatch package but I was trying to have the lowest monthly payment and with both add ons my payment wouldā€™ve just been too high for my comfort. Since I hope to tow a small trailer someday I figured the most practical add on would be the larger engine. Figured I could go aftermarket for everything else.

My ultimate build wouldā€™ve been the Badlands but I knew Iā€™d be miserable with that monthly payment.

All said n done Iā€™m happy with what I ordered! And was so well worth the wait! Now I can customize my base the way I want to šŸ˜

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heā€™s a rescue and seems to have some past traumas, so weā€™re working through some significant reactivity and prey drive issues. The bigger issue is that he loves to have blowout diarrhea in the house and on my couchā€¦
LOL!! Had a male rotty years ago. Loved that dog but he was an asshole too. Iā€™d take him for walks and heā€™d have blowout diarrhea multiple times on route. Iā€™d drag him to hopefully get him to stop but heā€™d just go while scooting along. Right in middle of neighborhood street. Felt like I needed a portable water tank to clean it up.

Someone later told me it was a territory thing. Sorta makes sense given he was an alpha.

Any whoā€¦.OP Iā€™d own a 2dr Basesquatch if I didnā€™t have kids and a dog.

EBroncoB

Big Bend
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t regret my BB purchase at all. My biggest priorities were 7MT, 4 door to have room for my asshole dog + gear, hard top, cloth (or vented katzkins - basically no MGV/swamp ass for me in the south), and rear locker. I do some off-roading but not hardcore rock crawling, so a rear locker and the gearing with the manual should be plenty sufficient and practical.

I wasnā€™t sure about the sandstone, but took a chance and it looks SO much better than any pics that Iā€™d seen beforehand, totally blew my expectations out of the water. Being able to option the sig lights and have fogs was an upside to me as well. Could I have added all these items after the fact and gone down to base? Sure. But itā€™s worth the money to me to save the time and hassle to do those upgrades (and have them potentially not work as well as from the factory).

My alternate build wouldā€™ve been BL with mid or high to be able to get some of the extras with the manual, but still needing to change out the seats/covers after the fact. Basically the BB checks all my boxes without having a lot of extra costs or weight that didnā€™t add much utility for my needs. I admittedly have a visceral hatred of the factory BB wheels and tires, so I immediately put a set of BL takeoffs on there, which were my favorites of the trim levels. Otherwise, I couldnā€™t be happier with my build.

I agree, build what is best for your needs and you canā€™t go wrong. Ford really hit it out of the park with the Bronco.

52E46DF5-E222-4BC3-9C21-081F5D1CDBD5.jpeg

EBroncoB

Big Bend
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t regret my BB purchase at all. My biggest priorities were 7MT, 4 door to have room for my asshole dog + gear, hard top, cloth (or vented katzkins - basically no MGV/swamp ass for me in the south), and rear locker. I do some off-roading but not hardcore rock crawling, so a rear locker and the gearing with the manual should be plenty sufficient and practical.

I wasnā€™t sure about the sandstone, but took a chance and it looks SO much better than any pics that Iā€™d seen beforehand, totally blew my expectations out of the water. Being able to option the sig lights and have fogs was an upside to me as well. Could I have added all these items after the fact and gone down to base? Sure. But itā€™s worth the money to me to save the time and hassle to do those upgrades (and have them potentially not work as well as from the factory).

My alternate build wouldā€™ve been BL with mid or high to be able to get some of the extras with the manual, but still needing to change out the seats/covers after the fact. Basically the BB checks all my boxes without having a lot of extra costs or weight that didnā€™t add much utility for my needs. I admittedly have a visceral hatred of the factory BB wheels and tires, so I immediately put a set of BL takeoffs on there, which were my favorites of the trim levels. Otherwise, I couldnā€™t be happier with my build.

I agree, build what is best for your needs and you canā€™t go wrong. Ford really hit it out of the park with the Bronco.

52E46DF5-E222-4BC3-9C21-081F5D1CDBD5.jpeg
Love the BL too. Are they BL tires AND wheels? And did you have to lift? Thanks!

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base 2-door Sasquatch with no other options of significance, and I do not regret that choice. I wanted an off road beast and nothing else, and my Bronco delivers.

Gratuitous photo of it above 8000 feet, enjoying the mountains of Idaho:
3XIxcWw.jpg

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the BL too. Are they BL tires AND wheels? And did you have to lift? Thanks!
Yep, BL wheels and tires, which I purchased from another B6G member. No lift or level, and no scrubbing even at full lock with crash bars intact and Mabett front flaps installed. The BL KO2 is only a slightly larger diameter vs the BB duelers, 32.8 vs 32ā€ I believe. The more obvious size difference is in the width. Thereā€™s a handy chart floating around here somewhere with all the specs, including wheel size and offset for each stock trim.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m going to start off by saying Iā€™m horrible with commitment. Long menus are the bane of my existence as Iā€™m stuck in limbo trying to decide what to get.
Think of it this way, 50 years from now when you Grandkids are visiting and you pull the canvas of the old girl in the back of the shed, you could get to explain for them why you chose the $800 lightbulbs and leather shift knob over things like lockers, gearing, Horsepower and lift. :)

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMO, upgrading to Big Bend only makes sense if u want 4 doors and a manual. Otherwise, base is deff the best value.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

baseBase owner here.
Any time I start to feel regret, I price out a Big Bend and it goes away.
I'm into my Bronco for MSRP of 32k. Not too shabby.
Any Base, Squatch or not, is a bargain when put up against another comparable trim.

That Big Bend Tax is a bitch.
Plus , as others have stated, for a few bucks more you're in a Black Diamond with some cool gear on it ... plus a locked 4.46 gear set on a V6 option !!!! :oops:
That would rip!!!

IHMO, the only reason to get the BB is so you can pay even more to get the locker.
For me, item #1 is the heated seats ... prolly not a concern for you, lol.

But, I can do those for $300 if I feel so inclined.

The rear locker for sure would have been on my hit list also.

Heated seats works out like this:
BB Tax $5000
Mid .... $ 1500
forced auto ... $1800

Freaking $8300 to get to the heated seats!!

If Mid was included in that BB tax, then it would be a better deal.

The Jeep "Winter Climate Package" on their version of a Base is a great idea. Wish they would copy them in that regard.
(seats, mirrors and steering wheel)
It's a great idea for a topless vehicle, stretch out that topless season a bit for us northern folk.
Sponsored