Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i say no but I don't have a family. i like the larger doors and windows on the 2 door.
Sponsored

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At times I wish I had more storage space .... but don't regret having the two door ... that is what the hitch/trailer etc. is for !!

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the 2dr but having both would be great.

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned 2 & 4-dr J@@ps so I'm familiar with the issue. I love my 2dr Bronco and wouldn't trade it for anything. My son and I just did an 8-day, 2700-mile road trip with camping gear and everything fit. There's a lot more room in there than you think. 4-dr is probably 40% bigger but that's wasted space IMO.

Cheers!

WC

Sponsored

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine gets built tomorrow.

Driving around, it's mostly just me or 1 other person. I pack light & I don't carry a ton of junk with me everywhere I go. I've also had a Bronco before, so I know what to expect with having only 2 doors. To me, there was no point in spending more just for the version that doesn't look as good.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am (Hopefully) getting a two door Bronco before Xmas…in my opinion it is Huge for actual off roading, but I am old and not doing the stuff I used to so will put up with the size…back in the day my original Bronco was huge too…I easily took 4 adults on week long “wheeling“ trips in the old Bronco, a little tougher in a CJ2a (that was also a daily driver) but doable…CJ7 was a limo…but besides a 4door Bronco making me throw up a little I am glad enough folks buy them to keep ford making 2door Broncos…

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
depends on family situation- I have both. I got a 4 door FE because I have kids… then I got a 2 door basemansquatch. The two door is a lot better from a looks standpoint - classic bronco etc. if I could go back, I’d prob get the 2 door FE and 4 door base. If I was single, I’d have got both 2 door.

wthayer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After thinking I wanted a 4 door from the beginning, I recently decided to consider a 2-door since they are somewhat easier to acquire from dealer stock. I just bought one and take delivery next week, so thanks y'all - this thread is making me feel good about my decision.

My main concern with the 2-door is that I transport a bike all the time, and a hitch rack makes it difficult to access the tailgate without taking the bike off. Rear doors would work around that issue, but my solution instead is going to be a custom rack that attaches to and swings with the tailgate (and will stay within the tailgate weight limit with a 33" spare).

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jesus Christ. Quit clogging up threads with your completely ripped off, terribly crafted substitution of the original mic drop, like you thought of it. 😂

Two RED vehicles? You didn’t even try.

B9FAB840-F85D-4B6D-9F06-7C9A58670B50.jpeg
You copied me copying you.
I should have known this would happen from the Flex Bronco Cosplay guy. ;)

I will have you know that the same color was picked to show how they are basically identical when you squint.

Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? Spider_Man_mem

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
After thinking I wanted a 4 door from the beginning, I recently decided to consider a 2-door since they are somewhat easier to acquire from dealer stock. I just bought one and take delivery next week, so thanks y'all - this thread is making me feel good about my decision.

My main concern with the 2-door is that I transport a bike all the time, and a hitch rack makes it difficult to access the tailgate without taking the bike off. Rear doors would work around that issue, but my solution instead is going to be a custom rack that attaches to and swings with the tailgate (and will stay within the tailgate weight limit with a 33" spare).
Before you do that, consider the 1-up rack which (I believe) allows you to open the tailgate with the rack on (bikes have to be off tho). You don't even need an extender hitch mount if you get the long Draw-Tite Hitch.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally, this is coming from a guy with a base Bronco, instead of one with every electronic gizmo on the planet..... Love the guys with the BLs or WTs with $10k worth of fluff, saying theirs's are more like a "real Bronco", which were tin cans on wheels.:ROFLMAO: On serious note, anything over the base trim and all 4-doors should've been renamed, call the 4-door the Warthog, and the one's with all the gizmos, the Colt Fluffs.
The Base 2-Door Manual with steel wheels is the most OG looking Bronco. This cannot be disputed.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You copied me copying you.
I should have known this would happen from the Flex Bronco Cosplay guy. ;)

I will have you know that the same color was picked to show how they are basically identical when you squint.

Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? Spider_Man_mem
Don’t even have to squint on the Bronco II’s.