First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330ix BMW. 2500HD Chevy. Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't have my kit until mid week so i haven't looked under the hood yet. How crucial is that tab? Can you just grind it off?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I won't have my kit until mid week so i haven't looked under the hood yet. How crucial is that tab? Can you just grind it off?
Not crucial at all. you could certainly grind it off, or even bend it off (it bends pretty easily). Grinding might be easier so that you have a nice flush surface. It's up to you.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing that compressor bracket has at least 1/4” of tolerance for clearing the computer bracket in that V shaped notch 😅

still excited to get mine, thanks again for all the updates and proactive outreach here!

Bonehunter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330ix BMW. 2500HD Chevy. Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not crucial at all. you could certainly grind it off, or even bend it off (it bends pretty easily). Grinding might be easier so that you have a nice flush surface. It's up to you.
I may go that route if I can. Save you making another part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may go that route if I can. Save you making another part.
Well we're making them regardless so if you want one you got it. Just respond to the email we sent last night (we're keeping a list)

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you guys can use this solution instead of having to build and ship all new brackets.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That reminds me. I need to re-do my ring terminals. I had to buy bigger ring terminals for my own compressor (I really wish ARB supplied the ring terminals in the box, so yeah im with most of you who complained about that also)

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That reminds me. I need to re-do my ring terminals. I had to buy bigger ring terminals for my own compressor (I really wish ARB supplied the ring terminals in the box, so yeah im with most of you who complained about that also)
Are you going with 90-degree terminals?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unboxed and getting ready to install. Two questions for @4x4TruckLEDs.com

1. I got the single ARB compressor my Badlands. I have two things that take a 1/4" thread... A: the pressure switch and B: the quick connect for the air line out to my tires. The compressor has one 1/4" threaded hole... um... I see that some ARB kits come with a 3-way NPT Tee which allows connection of both the pressure switch and air hose connection. My kit does not have that piece. Was I supposed to get that and didn't? Or is that something that's an expectation that I'd supply my own? Third option... long shot here but assumption is made that we won't use the pressure switch???
I think it's there to automatically stop the compressor if pressure is too low (ie. switching between tires; not hooked up to tires yet; no hose connected yet; etc etc) so I'm assuming we should be hooking that up no?
Any clarity on that for me? Please. thanks.

2. In the printed instructions (not the ARB booklet) step 6 says "harness #2 has a purple wire which you'll connect to one of your upfitters"... there is no purple wire anywhere in any harness I have. So the smaller wire bundle attached the power/ground harness (i'm assuming is #1), I have Yellow, Green, Red, Black... the red looks like it comes from the pressure switch I was asking about above and looking at the ARB book I see Yellow and Drk Green are for the solenoids for lockers... so that leaves me with red and black small wires (not the bigger battery ones)... assuming black is common ground... red should be my switchleg for the upfitter switch connection? Am I correct in that assumption (and do I still need to ground out that black common too?)

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.20.27 AM.png

Amazon_com__ARB_Inflation_Kit_Air_Compressor_and_Orange_Air_Hose_Pump_Up_Kit_with_Quick_Fittin...png

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unboxed and getting ready to install. Two questions for @4x4TruckLEDs.com

1. I got the single ARB compressor my Badlands. I have two things that take a 1/4" thread... A: the pressure switch and B: the quick connect for the air line out to my tires. The compressor has one 1/4" threaded hole... um... I see that some ARB kits come with a 3-way NPT Tee which allows connection of both the pressure switch and air hose connection. My kit does not have that piece. Was I supposed to get that and didn't? Or is that something that's an expectation that I'd supply my own? Third option... long shot here but assumption is made that we won't use the pressure switch???
I think it's there to automatically stop the compressor if pressure is too low (ie. switching between tires; not hooked up to tires yet; no hose connected yet; etc etc) so I'm assuming we should be hooking that up no?
Any clarity on that for me? Please. thanks.

2. In the printed instructions (not the ARB booklet) step 6 says "harness #2 has a purple wire which you'll connect to one of your upfitters"... there is no purple wire anywhere in any harness I have. So the smaller wire bundle attached the power/ground harness (i'm assuming is #1), I have Yellow, Green, Red, Black... the red looks like it comes from the pressure switch I was asking about above and looking at the ARB book I see Yellow and Drk Green are for the solenoids for lockers... so that leaves me with red and black small wires (not the bigger battery ones)... assuming black is common ground... red should be my switchleg for the upfitter switch connection? Am I correct in that assumption (and do I still need to ground out that black common too?)

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.20.27 AM.png

Amazon_com__ARB_Inflation_Kit_Air_Compressor_and_Orange_Air_Hose_Pump_Up_Kit_with_Quick_Fittin...png
So, I installed the same

1 - you supply your own “T”. You need the pressure switch for the compressor to shut off at the High setting so it does not run continuously. I added an elbow to direct my compressor hose line opposite the switch also.

2. Single compressor uses the RED wire. There is no purple for it. Since you do not have lockers and if you are using the upfitter instead of their supplied switch, then you can ignore that second harness and simply take the red spade connector that would have fit into the plug and use that to connect to your choice up upfitter wires. Tape off the others and enjoy.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 - you supply your own “T”. You need the pressure switch for the compressor to shut off at the High setting so it does not run continuously. I added an elbow to direct my compressor hose line opposite the switch also.

2. Single compressor uses the RED wire. There is no purple for it. Since you do not have lockers and if you are using the upfitter instead of their supplied switch, then you can ignore that second harness and simply take the red spade connector that would have fit into the plug and use that to connect to your choice up upfitter wires. Tape off the others and enjoy.
Okay coolio.. that's what I was thinking on #2 but I was kinda drunk after a long day in the garage so I wanted some confirmation before goin in hot lol.

And the Tee fitting... okay... off to homedepot or lowes i guess? idk where to get air hose fittings at.

Thank you!

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay coolio.. that's what I was thinking on #2 but I was kinda drunk after a long day in the garage so I wanted some confirmation before goin in hot lol.

And the Tee fitting... okay... off to homedepot or lowes i guess? idk where to get air hose fittings at.

Thank you!
Amazon, brother. Another option is Grainger if its convenient and/or local.
Sponsored