Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there's a very adequate answer as to WHY those are different but... WUUUT lol... Aright man thank you for the info! Off to home depot.. again.
FWIW, I was doing the same thing yesterday, but I went to Lowe’s. 😂
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have eye terminal recommendations? Looking at the ARB twin instructions, we need
2x 10AWG eye terminals (for either the 6mm or 5mm positive battery terminals)
1x 8AWG eye terminal (for the thicker, negative wire to ground on the chassis)
1x ??AWG eye terminal (for the thinner, negative wire to ground)

I can find plenty of the right size terminals online, but I worry about the quality of the larger eye terminals more than anything, as they're going to be pulling quite a bit of current at full load. Did anyone else just take their harness to a hardware store to size up eye terminals?

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have eye terminal recommendations? Looking at the ARB twin instructions, we need

I can find plenty of the right size terminals online, but I worry about the quality of the larger eye terminals more than anything, as they're going to be pulling quite a bit of current at full load. Did anyone else just take their harness to a hardware store to size up eye terminals?
I didn't want to chance the online stuff. Got mine at Advanced Auto. Twisted the 2 grounds together.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with this kit which has lots of various sizes. I also have the correct crimper as well, which I'll link

Ring Terminal Set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JYG647X

Crimper (includes 5 tool sets): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q32PYP3

I actually have this crimper with about 6-7 different tool sets. I keep a setup at home and at the shop. They work great.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1/14/2022 UPDATE: Kits are in stock. Please be patient as we have a tremendous amount of orders to fulfill. We are shipping these out in a first in/first out basis. So please, be patient with us while we work through shipping all the orders. We anticipate being through all the orders by the end of the month (with the earliest orders shipping first). Orders recently placed will ship last (towards the end of the month).

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-arb-compressor-engine-bay-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Use coupon code BRONCO6G and save 10%

If you've been looking for an easy to install mount for your ARB Single or Twin Compressor, look no further. KR Off-Road were the first in the industry to offer a commercially available ARB mount for the new 2021+ Ford Broncos. This system is 100% bolt-on and uses factory mounting points. With support for both 2.3L and 2.7L engines you'll be able to mount the ARB Single Compressor or the ARB Twin Compressor under the hood of your vehicle.

(PATENT PENDING)

FEATURES

• .135" (10 Gauge) #304 Stainless Steel
  • Powder Coated Black Finish
  • Designed & Manufactured in the USA
INCLUDES
  • 1 Bracket w/Support Bar
FITMENT
  • 2021+ Ford Bronco w/2.3L Engine
  • 2021+ Ford Bronco w/2.7L Engine
WARRANTY
Lifetime Warranty for the original owner.

OPTIONAL COMPRESSORS
ARB Air Compressors provide many advantages when exploring the great outdoors. Whether for inflating tires and camping accessories, running air tools, activating Air Lockers® or even re-seating a tire onto a wheel, there’s a model available to suit your needs. Designed to withstand the harshest environments, each ARB Air Compressor is individually leak tested, current draw tested and flow tested under heavy load at the factory before packing. For total peace of mind, all ARB Compressors come with a comprehensive 2-year warranty. To further increase longevity, ARB Compressors are also rebuildable, with spare parts readily available from our extensive network of ARB authorized dealers.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-arb-compressor-engine-bay-mount-for-2021-ford-bronco/

View attachment 251414

View attachment 251413

Brackets1.jpg

Kit.jpg

FYSA these are being shipped with a missing cutout. after weeks/months of waiting they are shipping a defective batch. Funny enough mine was shipped after I received the defective email.

Hi there. I’m Adam Daley, owner of 4x4TruckLEDs.com

I’m embarrassed to say this but there may be an issue with your recent order from us. The KR Off-Road ARB Compressor Bracket we sent you may have a mounting issue.

When we sourced these brackets we used two (2) different laser cutting partners that we use for our products. The first batch of 100 compressor brackets came in from 1 supplier a week before our 2nd supplier finished (this was by design, so that by the time the original orders shipped out, we had a 2nd batch ready to go).

This plan was working very well until we received a notice this evening from a customer, indicating an issue.

On the mounting flange, there are 2 holes that use the factory bolts. There is also a square cut-out, that the factory bracket is supposed to fit into. Our 2nd laser cutting partner somehow missed this cut-out and it was never made. This means that if you try and install the bracket on your truck, your factory computer bracket won’t sit properly.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159198

We are very sorry about this. We never caught this because, as you may have learned, the compressor brackets were all individually wrapped for protection with paper from the powder coater. We then placed this in a piece of foam for added protection. When we received them originally we took a quick look but never went over them checking every single cut-out (we were honestly excited to start shipping them).

We WILL make this right.

So now what? Well to start with, we’re already working on getting the laser cutter to produce a new batch for us right away. We will be sending you a new bracket (don’t throw away your old one, you’ll still use the nuts/bolts and support bracket we sent). On top of that, we’re also going to be refunding you $50 back on the price of the compressor bracket (20%).

What do we need from you? We just need you to verify that you DID receive a bracket that is missing the square hole shown above. We’d like to ask you to send us a photo of the bracket showing that mounting flange. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ORDER #. Once we receive that, we’ll refund you the $50 and we’ll get you entered into our system to get another main bracket sent out right away.

Again we’re really really really sorry about this. It’s very embarrassing and we know how disappointed you must be. I know I would be disappointed if I waited almost a month for something to come in, got a shipping notice, GOT THE PRODUCT only to learn something was wrong.

I’m trying to make it right. Please email me back if you have any other concerns as well. Our goal is your satisfaction!

----------

Adam Daley

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159225

4x4TruckLEDs.com / KR Off-Road / CrystaLux Automotive LED Lighting

190 E Hoffman Avenue, Unit C

Lindenhurst, NY 11757

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159262
Phone: (866) 991-4331

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159286
SMS/Text: (631) 881-4199

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159359

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159427
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/4x4TruckLEDs

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844159493
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/4x4TruckLEDs

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYSA these are being shipped with a missing cutout. after weeks/months of waiting they are shipping a defective batch. Funny enough mine was shipped after I received the defective email.
Not sure what "FYSA" means. Nobody's shipped after they received the email. We sent the email Saturday at 1:46am EST. The last bracket that shipped was Friday. Sooo we've not shipped any since the email was sent.

Also... if you scroll up we already posted in this very thread about the issue.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with this kit which has lots of various sizes. I also have the correct crimper as well, which I'll link

Ring Terminal Set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JYG647X

Crimper (includes 5 tool sets): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q32PYP3

I actually have this crimper with about 6-7 different tool sets. I keep a setup at home and at the shop. They work great.
Just followed your lead, and got the same crimper but with only the dies I need

As for the crimping itself, I'm pretty good at soldering; would it be overkill to follow up the crimp with some lead solder to make them more secure?

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure what "FYSA" means. Nobody's shipped after they received the email. We sent the email Saturday at 1:46am EST. The last bracket that shipped was Friday. Sooo we've not shipped any since the email was sent.

Also... if you scroll up we already posted in this very thread about the issue.

I had a tracking number through UPS before the email, might not of actually shipped. Also, there are 34 pages of scroll so TL:DR all. FYSA = for your situational awareness.

So, are we looking at another month for a new one?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just followed your lead, and got the same crimper but with only the dies I need

As for the crimping itself, I'm pretty good at soldering; would it be overkill to follow up the crimp with some lead solder to make them more secure?
So back in the day I used to actually solder thicker ring terminals. With that said, this isn't one you need to solder. It's not THAT thick. If this was for an audio amp i'd say yeah solder your ring terminal, but no need on this one. I mean it's not a BAD idea if you want to do that, it'll be real secure.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been discussed at length in this thread, and to Adam and @4x4TruckLEDs.com 's credit, they've owned up to it from the start. The solution is that everyone affected is getting a spacer plate to properly fit the module's bracket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a tracking number through UPS before the email, might not of actually shipped. Also, there are 34 pages of scroll so TL:DR all. FYSA = for your situational awareness.

So, are we looking at another month for a new one?
Well that's UPS, not us. We actually email customers tracking info as soon as it ships. So if you never saw our email, check your spam folder as you probably have a tracking # from earlier last week.

As for how long you have to wait... we're shipping out the necessary spacer block tomorrow actually.

It took an extra 2 days because we had them powder coated. We had them cut out by Monday night. They went to the powder coater Tuesday, and they were done tonight. So tomorrow morning i'm picking them up and we'll begin shipping the missing part to everybody along with a little instruction page.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So back in the day I used to actually solder thicker ring terminals. With that said, this isn't one you need to solder. It's not THAT thick. If this was for an audio amp i'd say yeah solder your ring terminal, but no need on this one. I mean it's not a BAD idea if you want to do that, it'll be real secure.
I'll probably twist the grounds together into that 8AWG terminal and solder that one at least to ensure it's secure. I don't mind firing up the soldering iron while I wait for the spacer, anyway 😛

Thanks again for all the insight!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll probably twist the grounds together into that 10AWG terminal and solder that one at least to ensure it's secure. I don't mind firing up the soldering iron while I wait for the spacer, anyway 😛

Thanks again for all the insight!
Now you got me thinking I may solder mine. Right now mine is being held on by a SMALLER then I like ring terminal. It's all I had in my home garage at like 11pm at night in the cold (my garage is detached and not insulated, i wanted to finish up).

With the truck at the shop it's nice and heated though :) I can take my time. So i'll re-do my ring terminal and see if I feel solder is necessary but more then likely it won't be.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that's UPS, not us. We actually email customers tracking info as soon as it ships. So if you never saw our email, check your spam folder as you probably have a tracking # from earlier last week.

As for how long you have to wait... we're shipping out the necessary spacer block tomorrow actually.

It took an extra 2 days because we had them powder coated. We had them cut out by Monday night. They went to the powder coater Tuesday, and they were done tonight. So tomorrow morning i'm picking them up and we'll begin shipping the missing part to everybody along with a little instruction page.

Also, I got me email on January 28th, Friday 11:46, tracking number shows packaged was scanned on 1/27 @ 7:01pm.

Not trying to be a dick, it's just facts.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844746991

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844806123

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, I got me email on January 28th, Friday 11:46, tracking number shows packaged was scanned on 1/27 @ 7:01pm. SO yeah, all before.... LMFAO.

Not trying to be a dick, it's just facts.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643844806123

Again, we email tracking info once we ship it. If you didn't get our email with the tracking #, check your spam folder.

If you (like me) have UPS linked to your address and they have your email they will also email you at the end of the day with tracking info on packages coming in. Sounds like you are looking at the UPS email they sent another day.

What is your order #. I'll tell you precisely the date/time we emailed you tracking information.

Also, if you get that email from us, please make sure you respond with your order # so that we know to send you the spacer bracket
Sponsored