Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just followed your lead, and got the same crimper but with only the dies I need

As for the crimping itself, I'm pretty good at soldering; would it be overkill to follow up the crimp with some lead solder to make them more secure?
Yes, crimping is completely fine, all (well at least the ones in the propulsion plant) electrical connections on nuclear powered warships are crimped.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The missing spacer is on it's way to everybody who responded to our email. Have a bracket that was effected? Please make sure you respond to the email we sent with your order # and a photo so we can get a spacer sent out.

We ended up powder coating these as well (they are made from Stainless Steel btw) which is why it took an extra few days.

You should have received a shipping confirmation (check your spam) but we're not 100% sure, since these were shipped as part of the original order in the system (not 100% sure how it handles those emails honestly)

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1643904990583

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My spacer just arrived! You guys spared NO expense with these, damn. They even come with printed instructions in the package. Appreciate all the effort to make things right!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My spacer just arrived! You guys spared NO expense with these, damn. They even come with printed instructions in the package. Appreciate all the effort to make things right!
Would you expect any less of us? Come on now!

Stainless steel spacer AND powder coated. Can't leave you guys hanging!

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We appreciate it! Definitely got a future pod light customer when that time comes as a result. Will post some install pictures after I get the terminals crimped and wired up.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When should we be expecting the new brackets for those who didn’t get the right bracket?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We appreciate it! Definitely got a future pod light customer when that time comes as a result. Will post some install pictures after I get the terminals crimped and wired up.
Ahh crap I still need to re-crimp mine. I keep getting reminded to do it but i've yet to do it. But it's like 15 degrees outside right now

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When should we be expecting the new brackets for those who didn’t get the right bracket?
Did you order and receive one of our compressor brackets? if so you need to respond to the email we sent out with a photo and your order #. If you've already done that the spacers were mailed out already and you should be receiving it any day now. you can pm me or respond here with your order # and I can tell you when you should expect to see it in the mail

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you order and receive one of our compressor brackets? if so you need to respond to the email we sent out with a photo and your order #. If you've already done that the spacers were mailed out already and you should be receiving it any day now. you can pm me or respond here with your order # and I can tell you when you should expect to see it in the mail
My order number is 21799

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might have the first install done that uses the v2 bracket — pics below; wiring will be done tomorrow hopefully

On my 2.3L 7MT Badlands + Lux I had to fully remove the strut top nut to get the bracket in place. Just didn’t have enough clearance to wedge it under the nut. Once I had it in place, all was well. Getting a torque wrench in there, even with an extension, is not an easy fit 😅 still trying to figure out how I’m gonna retorque it in 100mi without taking the compressor off to get access.

The trickiest part of the whole install is easily those carriage bolt/nut combos. The lock nuts require a decent amount of torque once they get threaded which I usually like when I’m installing parts, however those carriage bolts have juuuuust enough play in the slots in the bracket that they like to kick up and turn in place. After the first one, I decided I needed more clearance, so I ended up moving what appears to be a PCV line out of the way and that helped a ton. The first couple pics below show that line detached and moved out of the way.

All in all, it feels very sturdy and secure all bolted up! The powder coating and materials are top notch, I gave the compressor a few shakes and tugs to make sure it wasn’t going anywhere and it’s definitely very secure.

PCV line to detach for more clearance:
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) FFC827C6-4B0B-4666-B1DF-CB4D04A7B94E

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 16660B50-A7AA-480C-B900-13F854122F96

Install w/ v2 bracket:
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) F67C099B-B6E9-4D34-BD63-06CE33582C3C

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 468112D4-0D6B-464A-AA1B-D4229A0E2A06

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) B8EC87F2-5BD3-45A3-8EDE-DBFF840955EF

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome. Glad you like it. I don't know if it's because I have a 2.3L but I had no issues getting my torque wrench in there. You obviously need an extension but mine was able to fit no problems.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. Glad you like it. I don't know if it's because I have a 2.3L but I had no issues getting my torque wrench in there. You obviously need an extension but mine was able to fit no problems.
I've got a 2.3L as well, but my extension wasn't nearly long enough. Torquing it down without the compressor in place was fine, just didn't have more than one ratchet click per swing -- now that the compressor is in place, I'll probably need a bigger extension because I don't have room to swing at all now :p
Sponsored