Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the "nicest" setup I've seen yet. Grimm Offroad.

Saw this when the video posted. A little more work than some of the others, but it looks more secure. I like the rubber damping bushing along with the metal braided hose.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grimm mount looks like it places the compressor lower which could be a concern when wading water.
JCR makes a mount.
I went with the 4x4LED mount.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Grimm mount looks like it places the compressor lower which could be a concern when wading water.
JCR makes a mount.
I went with the 4x4LED mount.
Solid choice. The other options out there are good if folks have a budget in mind. But I believe ours is the most durable (as we use 10 gauge stainless steel over regular steel) and easiest to install.

Sponsored

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the JCR. It 100% mounts to the body only so it does not effect the rubber mounting of the body to the frame and it was easy to install. I lost the nut plate and JCR sent me a new one free same day I called.

Any compressor under the hood will be hot but the Grimm style really has no air flow around it.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my ARB compressor mounted with the Grimm mount last week. I got it on Labor Day sale with free shipping from Northridge4x4 (@Tech Tim ).

The kit was packaged very well and includes a wire harness and jumper hose with a bulkhead fitting. The mount itself is very high quality and well thought out. It makes the compressor look like it was there from the factory. Exactly what I've been waiting for.

As for the install, 3/4 of my time was spent on that one bolt! Other than that, easy peasy.

The standard air coupler clears the hood, but is a little too close for comfort. It's only temporary as I'll be plumbing in an air tank, front and rear couplers, and wiring to an accessory switch.

I was a little surprised how much the JIC-4 line chokes down. I'm very curious if it is reducing flow. I will be doing some testing at some point, but not excited about removing the compressor to get at the line. :cry:

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options 25053601-1145-4D10-8981-9F086285BD36

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options FF1D8FDC-7361-4939-A92A-828CCC565A8C

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ARB finally revealed their mount. I had been holding out for the ARB mount. I didn't want to shit in their thread, but their design seems like a mess. If you hurry you can enter for a giveaway.

The GRIMM mount is so clean, very happy with it. Switched mine over to an accessory switch and ran a quick connect to the front. Still plan to add a tank and rear quick connect.

The AGSOFFROAD mount also looks great, I'm just not crazy about it being so far from the battery. And it slightly complicates adding a tank or quick connects elsewhere.

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options F92A653C-054D-4E72-9096-FF29681270BF

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB finally revealed their mount. I had been holding out for the ARB mount. I didn't want to shit in their thread, but their design seems like a mess. If you hurry you can enter for a giveaway.

The GRIMM mount is so clean, very happy with it. Switched mine over to an accessory switch and ran a quick connect to the front. Still plan to add a tank and rear quick connect.

The AGSOFFROAD mount also looks great, I'm just not crazy about it being so far from the battery. And it slightly complicates adding a tank or quick connects elsewhere.

Ford Bronco ARB compressor mount options F92A653C-054D-4E72-9096-FF29681270BF
Just curious on why you think the ARB bracket is a mess? They seem to be one of the few that have decided to have the bracket supported to the body and not making a body to frame connection using the upper strut mount. If you have any flex or movement between the body and frame you now have a bracket that can have a load put into it. Just my 2 cents (y)

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious on why you think the ARB bracket is a mess? They seem to be one of the few that have decided to have the bracket supported to the body and not making a body to frame connection using the upper strut mount. If you have any flex or movement between the body and frame you now have a bracket that can have a load put into it. Just my 2 cents (y)
I'm a big fan of "less is more" engineering. While I'm sure their mount will work just fine, it just seems unnecessarily complex.

I understand the concern about the body/frame connection on other mounts, but I just don't think it will be a problem in this situation. The brace on the Grimm mount has a rubber bushing to accommodate any minimal movement and vibration. There just really shouldn't be any movement in this area.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was a little surprised how much the JIC-4 line chokes down. I'm very curious if it is reducing flow.
Wow, that's a pretty surprising restriction. It might reduce flow if you're airing up all four tires at once, or maybe if you're plumbed into an air tank and using air tools. How much it would reduce it is anyone's guess and probably would require some actual testing to find out whether it's even going to impact what you'd use the compressor for. If you're just airing up a single tire at a time, I don't think it'll be a problem at all as the valve stem is going to be the bottleneck in that situation.

I really really wanted to like that setup because of how slick and clean it looks, but after installing two bumpers, a tire carrier, and a hidden winch on a 2.7L...I desperately needed something that was quick and easy without any surprises. That meant the ARB was 100% out of the picture, with the Grimm not far from it. I'd like to know your thoughts on it in a year, how it holds up and whatnot. Swapping out to the Grimm mount might happen someday if it's still getting good reviews and it's worth changing over to, for now I'm really happy with the one I got from 4x4leds...so far it holds the title of the first thing I've put on my Bronco that I didn't scream profanities at during install šŸ˜…

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow, that's a pretty surprising restriction. It might reduce flow if you're airing up all four tires at once, or maybe if you're plumbed into an air tank and using air tools. How much it would reduce it is anyone's guess and probably would require some actual testing to find out whether it's even going to impact what you'd use the compressor for. If you're just airing up a single tire at a time, I don't think it'll be a problem at all as the valve stem is going to be the bottleneck in that situation.

I really really wanted to like that setup because of how slick and clean it looks, but after installing two bumpers, a tire carrier, and a hidden winch on a 2.7L...I desperately needed something that was quick and easy without any surprises. That meant the ARB was 100% out of the picture, with the Grimm not far from it. I'd like to know your thoughts on it in a year, how it holds up and whatnot. Swapping out to the Grimm mount might happen someday if it's still getting good reviews and it's worth changing over to, for now I'm really happy with the one I got from 4x4leds...so far it holds the title of the first thing I've put on my Bronco that I didn't scream profanities at during install šŸ˜…
Easiest solutionā€¦ miluakee M18 compressor with. 12a battery. Iā€™ve got an arb in 2 TJā€™s and my JKUR. Iā€™m done messing with em. Just Sunday I aired up from 18psi to 35psi (37x12.5 17 cooper stt pro) in less than 15 minutes all four. About the same time my ARBā€™s do it with their 4.1 connector.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Easiest solutionā€¦ miluakee M18 compressor with. 12a battery. Iā€™ve got an arb in 2 TJā€™s and my JKUR. Iā€™m done messing with em. Just Sunday I aired up from 18psi to 35psi (37x12.5 17 cooper stt pro) in less than 15 minutes all four. About the same time my ARBā€™s do it with their 4.1 connector.
I have a 2dr, I can bring that compressor with me and a change of socks LOL
It's a nice compressor, I actually have one that I bring with me when I'm flying out of remote locations on unimproved airstrips, and I've brought it with me when I go wheeling anywhere I know I'll have to air down. Certainly an improvement over the typical wired portables. lt's just too big of a compressor to always be taking up space in the back...which means it probably won't be in there when I need it for any other situation.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be at all reasonable to have the grimm mount in two Broncos and swap the ARB compressor in and out depending on which one is being off-roaded? šŸ˜… I am ordering one grimm for sure after reading this thread - thank you guys for the great info.
Sponsored