Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone set up an Osmo Pocket on one of these rails yet?
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered my BYODR so need to get accessories, to begin mounting. I am new to using a rail like this so I apologize for any dummy questions... Can someone confirm if the Smooth Rail is compatible with "NATO" type clamps? I saw a guy buy some stuff off of SmallRig but he didn't' give part numbers. These little devices look great since they have a handy leaver you can pull back and then move them around freely. Plus they should be able to take multiple ball sizes as they have 3 different screw mounts. Just want to be sure this little device will work before I order since its not cheap....

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 1645891235824

https://smallrig.com/smallrig-nato-clamp-1885.html

The one below is under $20 so may go for that since it is also NATO type (if it indeed fits)...
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 1645891421071

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SEND IT

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1958 Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered my BYODR so need to get accessories, to begin mounting. I am new to using a rail like this so I apologize for any dummy questions... Can someone confirm if the Smooth Rail is compatible with "NATO" type clamps? I saw a guy buy some stuff off of SmallRig but he didn't' give part numbers. These little devices look great since they have a handy leaver you can pull back and then move them around freely. Plus they should be able to take multiple ball sizes as they have 3 different screw mounts. Just want to be sure this little device will work before I order since its not cheap....

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING | BAM-BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail) 1645891421071

https://smallrig.com/smallrig-nato-clamp-1885.html

The one below is under $20 so may go for that since it is also NATO type (if it indeed fits)...
Based on this description looks like it should work

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else have an issue with the rail making an annoying creaking sound when driving? I notice it when my phone is mounted and the noise isn't coming from the 67d mount itself. As my wife describes it (she spends more time in in since its her bronco) its like fingernails on a chalkboard annoying.

I have the same issue . Going to try some better adhesive.

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my Tech Bronze installed and man it is awesome!! Even without anything mounted yet it gets noticed by every person that gets in the Bronco. Great work @EIGHTLUG! looking forward to adding more of your products to this rail.
Does the color in the picture match what it actually looks like? Worried it won't match the bronze dash well.

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the color in the picture match what it actually looks like? Worried it won't match the bronze dash well.
The Color in the photo is accurate and I love it but it might not be an exact match to the bronze dash. I would maybe chose an accent color to go with the dash.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know what you end up trying and if it works. I dont have mine yet but this sounds like a common theme so might as well be prepared to mod it. Maybe AR will see these comments and supply/change parts going forward...

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I suspect the BSR is from having a single attachment point for the rail and having touch points on either side of the IP. Before using adhesive, try putting a thin piece of rubber or felt on the two ends of the rail to see if that resolves the sound you are hearing.

Sponsored

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Send it

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, it appears the adhesive did not stick to either side after cleaning well with IPA before adhering. I installed when the dash was warm and now that its cold outside the ends just continue to lift from the dash when mounts/devices are installed.

Wife wants it removed from her Bronco so I just removed the 67D arms for now until I can resolve the issue. She doesnt know that I have close to $400 into it between the AR, 67D arms, ball mounts & device holders. She’s content with her stupid vent clip magnet and draping the dang charging cord all over her dash.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, it appears the adhesive did not stick to either side after cleaning well with IPA before adhering. I installed when the dash was warm and now that its cold outside the ends just continue to lift from the dash when mounts/devices are installed.

Wife wants it removed from her Bronco so I just removed the 67D arms for now until I can resolve the issue. She doesnt know that I have close to $400 into it between the AR, 67D arms, ball mounts & device holders. She’s content with her stupid vent clip magnet and draping the dang charging cord all over her dash.
The same thing happens

I feel like I’m gonna have to make sure it sticks real good to take it off roading at high speeds. Trying to figure what’s best to use without it being permanently stuck on. Besides this little hiccup I would buy it ten times over . It’s quite the work of art . We need to figure out how to make this stick better then a vent clip ;)

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick photoshop edit.

I love the current design and wish Ford supplied attachments on the outermost portions of the Instrument Panel. There's a lot being asked of that single attachment with that length of rail and the multiple components being added. This isn't ideal, but perhaps the end caps designed differently could tie into the vents in front of the rail to get some additional stability by clipping into these areas.

longerendcap.jpg
Sponsored