Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ame except I was able to use the sensor retainers by shelving the a bit with a razor. They work fine.

The reason they are all differently keyed is that the retainers is how the sensors are “aimed”. If you modify the retainers to fit a different bumper or location, you may create blind spots and a sensor may not detect obstacles as they should.
Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The reason they are all differently keyed is that the retainers is how the sensors are “aimed”. If you modify the retainers to fit a different bumper or location, you may create blind spots and a sensor may not detect obstacles as they should.
Yeah, I don’t think I have any blind spots and they seem to be function fine when I checked it comparing the sensor outputs with what I was seeing vs the camera, but it makes sense I guess.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the capable bumper. I think it looks good and I'm not planning on modifying it besides better fogs. Got a set of Morimoto elites laying here waiting for the weather to break. I may change the color of the shackles but I dunno.

Last edited:

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In retrospect, I am not sure if I would have swapped out a capable for a Mod, though I do like the Mod HD far better. Since I had a plastic base bumper and bought the Bronco from the dealers lot, I knew from the get go I was changing it with no regrets. I had the bumper LineXed as well and added BD lights to it.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too flip flopped between Mod and Cap bumpers. In the end I opted for the capable - it’s a lighter bumper with integrated fogs and at the time the RC Hidden Winch had come out and was on my wish list.

The downsides was lack of mounting for lights or bull/prerunner bars.

Fortunately, I’ve got a lighting solution on the horizon for B6G Capable Bumper owners. There’ll be an official post coming within the month and possible preorders?

So if lighting is your hold up, that might just be solved!

25C38046-FE4A-4A2D-91C8-105BA50959A4.jpeg

Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have part numbers for the brackets and sensor retainers?

I wish take offs were easier to come by, they seem to be snatched up very quickly.
I have a mod that I’ll be selling in about a week. Swapping for an ADD and will have my take off ready to go.
I’m in Utah (live in southern Utah but the swap is happening in northern Utah now) if anyone still needs a takeoff to buy…

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a mod that I’ll be selling in about a week. Swapping for an ADD and will have my take off ready to go.
I’m in Utah (live in southern Utah but the swap is happening in northern Utah now) if anyone still needs a takeoff to buy…

Post that you are selling it in the want ads on here it will be gone in minutes depending on the price and if you are willing to ship. Mine was shipped to me pretty cheap and was just bubble wrapped and shipped fedex freight from some in AZ to MA. I think it was about $100 to ship…

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Post that you are selling it in the want ads on here it will be gone in minutes depending on the price and if you are willing to ship. Mine was shipped to me pretty cheap and was just bubble wrapped and shipped fedex freight from some in AZ to MA. I think it was about $100 to ship…
I plan on it for sure!

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be swapping out my Capable at some point but not anywhere near the top of the list right now. First need bigger tires, coilovers, and some lights.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could not decide which to get as well. Ended up leaving the Capable on the build. Will probably get the front and rear hooks powdercoated in a Badlands Orange color.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since I plan on going to aftermarket bumpers, capable it is...wish it came with plastic for cheaper...

ChrisCRNA

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, F150 King Ranch, BMW R1250 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With coaching form my dealer: Sales Manger strongly urged me to down grade from LUX to HIGH, and eliminate TOW. Then I can "almost" be assured to get my MY2023 Wildtrak later this summer based on their WT allocations and factory constraints. He went through their ordering algorithms and verified that I was one of 6 for MY2023 if I eliminated what was suggested.
So...I'll end up with a WT w/MIC, HIGH, Leather, w/HOSS 3.0 which I will be happy to live with.
Talk to your dealer and ask him what they see in their Ordering System constraints tied to their allocations to get your order in 2023.
Like you I was holding firm, but realized that I could get easily get pushed into MY 2024 and lose my Price Protection. Wish you the best!
Now that Ive had the LUX package I wouldn't want to do without it. I LOVE the giant screen. But i'm a little older and the bigger screen is also easier on the eyes.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered the capable bumper because I would like the factory fog lights and the fact it will have a dash switch for the factory fog lights. However I LOVE the look of the modular bumper. I was surprised to see how expensive it was to add a good set of fog lights to the modular bumper. So in addition to the $600 for the modular bumper, the cost of the new fog lights, I thought I would go with the capable bumper and purchase a used modular bumper with the parking sensors. I have ordered a Bronco with the LUX package.

Give me the hard sell on why this is not a good idea. Is it a simple task to swap the capable number for the modular bumper? Aside from removing the capable bumper and putting on the modular bumper, is there any kind of cutting or modifications to the front of the Bronco that needs to be made around the intercooler?

Am I making a mistake going with the capable bumper instead of the modular bumper?
My Opinion, if you are going to be upgrading to and aftermarket bumper, get the cheaper one. Otherwise, I'd get the modular one.

Rgarthwaite

Badlands
First Name
Randi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did order the Modular bumper because I plan to add either BD or DD Fog lights, possibly a 20" Heretic bumper light, Pre-runner Hoop to protect the lights. IMO the MOD bumper has more options to configure and like the appearance.
I got the capable bumper but when I ordered I thought the steel front bumper was the mod, apparently it is the capable bumper and I am so bummed. Now looking for a new bumper since I can't add accessories to the one I have.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the capable bumper but when I ordered I thought the steel front bumper was the mod, apparently it is the capable bumper and I am so bummed. Now looking for a new bumper since I can't add accessories to the one I have.
I feel that a new bumper option for Bronco is introduced every other week. There are many to choose from today so take you time and decide if you want to include options such as a winch, built in housings for lights, welded on Bull or Pre-runner bars, etc. Good luck!
Sponsored