rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They'll sell every one they make. They considered that when they looked at their options: piss off some customers or piss off their largest dealers who are sad they can't charge ADM on dealer stock units because there are still pesky reservation holders waiting. They chose their large dealers.

Ford made their decision. Now we'll provide the backlash and harass them.
Ford should stick with what they said in the first place because there are people who past up buying something else because they thought they get a Bronco by 2022 but now looking at maybe 2023 some time .
Sponsored

Incommunicado

Big Bend
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good article, bad situation. First I hope all the schmucks who said no dealer is doing invoice pricing read this as it lays out why they offered it. I know they won’t admit their ignorance but you never know. Every order dropped by the customer is $$$. The rest are happy customers… or were going to be.

This new allocation really appears to be Ford helping out their flagship dealers and screwing the rest. The customer does not and will not fit anywhere in their math because the customer will flee to other dealers as they permit all to switch. It’s bullshit and brilliant. Why have the non-Ford dealers or small Ford dealers have the allocation? Simple fix.

Good move, Ford, you bastards.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you say the only transparent and honest party. The party that chose to sell WAY more Broncos than they ever had reasonable expectations to receive. The party who KNEW allocation would play a part before they EVER TOOK AN ORDER.
This is the argument that all the folks absolving Ford eventually use. Perhaps you might like to consider the two statements that Ford consistently repeated; Reservations converted to orders, in order. (Minor deviations due to logistics) and All reservations before dealer stock (again small deviations for logistics). Had Ford kept either one of these promises, promises which are the entire backbone of the reservation system, the only reason to get one, all reservations would be completed in 2022.

Let that sink in... Everyone with a reservation had the reasonable expectation of a Bronco in 2022 at the latest, that is part of the mental equation of the worst case scenario in their choice of dealers. Dealers acted under this assumptions as well. They had no inkling that Ford would change the basic tenets of the reservation program and they, at least in Granger's case, told later reservation holders coming on board that they would be waiting until late 2022 in many cases.

So, if Ford kept any of the terms it set up under the reservation system, it would have been reasonable and actually smart for dealers to go the high volume route, happy customers for the dealer and a chance to grow when Ford went back to the normal allocation system for the Bronco.

Ford CHOOSES to ignore the promises of their reservation system, blame the end consumer for being stupid enough to believe they ever meant it, demands the final consumer find a shorter line with no information available, dealers don't want more reservations with the current allocation formula, it will either delay when they can be serviced or eat into stock allocations they can ADM.

If you don't understand the fury directed at Ford, this should have cleared it up. If still unsure, read it again until it sinks in as to what Ford did by going back on the terms of the reservations.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

^ This a precise analysis of the situation. Granger took a shot at getting an inordinate amount of Bronco allocations by offering pricing that was counter to what the market is dictating and it backfired on them.
Maybe Granger took Ford at their word just like thousands of customers did that orders would be filled by the timestamp date.

Last edited:

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I promise you I will never buy a Ford after my Bronco, and maybe Ford doesn’t care. I’ve bought 11 new vehicles in the last 13 years and will most likely continue to buy new vehicles in the future. They will not be Fords.
Ill buy another Mustang down the line, just wont be new and if I can, she’ll avoid the stealership.

New is overrated though, nothing wrong with some miles provided the car was taken care Of

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has leverage because… the design & engineering team created an amazing looking and capable vehicle that has only one real alternative that has existed for decades. Many folks will suffer the worst customer experience imaginable to still get their hands on one, because there is no exciting alternative.

But what if….VW actually builds a compelling Scout or GM actually releases a real “Blazer”?

Ford might be in real trouble given how they have soured a generation of buyers with their incredibly poor and shortsighted rollout.

I predict that Ford will look back on this decision to pile drive the end consumer in favor of their mega dealers as a turning point on their path to irrelevance.

Nothing is more important than Brand over the long term. Once it is lost, it is nearly impossible to recover. Look at Wells Fargo. Their intentional scam They pulled over their consumers has reduced them from Wall St darling to untouchable in the eyes of many investors. Ford has a small window to course correct but it appears they lack the vision and the courage to build for the long term.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Pinto rear collision/fire issue was "bad" press. The Explorer/Firestone rollover issue was "bad" press. In this case the "bad" press is free advertising.! For every single one of us here PO'd with this process, my money says there are two people walking in to a showroom or clicking Ford.com to see what all the Bronco, this new WONDER TRUCK, can offer them that will cure what ails them.! 😁
This.

When the article popped up in my news feed, I saw the photo and thought "damn, that is a great looking vehicle". Great looking photo plus a headline that implies it is a scarce product equals more desire for many people.

Don't discount how few people actually see anything but the photo, and how many actually read past the headline. Very few.

I would give it a flip of the coin...heads it is neutral for Ford. Tails it helps Ford.

Ford might be in real trouble given how they have soured a generation of buyers with their incredibly poor and shortsighted rollout.
How many buyers are pissed when they are out and about, driving their new Bronco? Very few, from the reports I read on here.

The best advertisement is going to be happy, fun loving people cruising around in their top off, doors off Bronco. This is why I think Ford will work hard, not perfectly, to get each order holder their Bronco as quickly as possible. New buyers will fall in line and most will have no idea there was any issue with the rollout. Nobody will give a shit about allocations or reservations.

As much as this issue matters to a few on this forum, most people don't give a shit, and they won't give a shit. It is a complete non-issue for nearly all of the buying public.

Last edited:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the grand scheme of things, just doing basic math-

Ford has roughly 3000 dealerships in USA alone and lets figure that Ford can build about 125K Broncos a year.

That works out to about 40-41 Broncos per dealership. Of course that doesn't take in account other things like allocation and what not, but what it boils down to is that the Bronco is more or less sold out till 2023 considering reservations.

Someone with half brain should have had warning bells going off going with dealerships (who aren't in major markets) offering less then MSRP and them getting 1000 orders, when they'll be lucky to get 1/4 of that on a good day.

I'd really love to know how many reservations Ford actually got with in the first two hours of it going live. I think the number would surprise alot of people and might be partly to blame for all this bitching

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whether it works, or not I'm glad to see it's getting out to the public. Hopefully some that have orders, and are not members here will start raising hell.

Ford Bronco Article: Bronco reservations could be delayed for years. Happy Dance

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, the article pretty much states what is really happening. I won't ever trust or sue a reservation system again for any vehicle ever again. And Ford lost a customer. I am only on person but I don't like what they are doing- and they dealers doing a huge mark up to satisfy their power and greed thirst to get rich. Being a July 14 early AM reservation I was patient to wait until late 2021- or even early 2022. But now not know when and, or it could be into 2023 or 2024 with ADM, no thanks. Way too close to electric vehicles being more available.

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford could have taken the honorable route here — the route that everyone understands, in their bones, to be the right one: Fulfill orders by time stamp, subject to supply availability.

Instead, they’ve taken the lawyerly “fine print” route and caved to ADM dealers. This behavior is anti-enthusiast, anti-loyalty, and anti-consumer. I’m sure they’ve rationalized it away in their own minds. “People should have known better! In what world did you think Granger would get 1,000 Broncos, losers??”

This is what happens when a bunch of corporate bros try to hack enthusiast culture. They can make all the right noises for a while, but ultimately they’re not enthusiasts.

Ford was just engaging in enthusiast cosplay.

In the end, Levine and all these guys are corporate bros. And they’re gonna bro in the end. It’s what they do.

‘A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river. The fox said, "No, if I do that you'll sting me, and I'll drown." The scorpion assured him, "If I did that, we'd both drown." So the fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "why did you do that? Now you'll drown too." "I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature.""’

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I spoke with a dealer today that said he didn’t anticipate a wait longer than 8 weeks for a ‘22 if I order tomorrow. Then I check this Website and I see “years”, so confused. Can anyone explain why everyone thinks 2 doors won’t happen until ‘23? I thought they’d figured out this top situation. I’ve spent more time than in proud of scouring this website, and it conflicts with everything I hear from The dealer. Obviously dealers
May not always be correct or
Honest, but where does all of this info
Come from? I doubt the dealer was 100% on, but I also doubt the doom and gloom here, there is money to be made by selling cars, not holding out…
@Mgro Matt, I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but your dealer probably just lied to you. Whether it was from ignorance or by design he did not tell you the truth. The words "My dealer said" has become as bad as the seven deadly words "We're the government, we're here to help". There's not much way for me to explain the situation as I don't know how many reservation your dealer has, but I would be safe to say that your Bronco will never show up in 8 weeks. It probaly won't even show up in 8 months. I wish I could give you better news, but there really is none out there to give. Good luck.

I just read further into the thread, and see you have a day 1 reservation. If it's in your name, don't worry. Your sister can kick that boy to the side, and you'll still have a day 1 reservation. If it's in his name do everything you can to keep them together. If your sis decides to move on from him, hell, I would ask him out on a date to keep that reservation. :)

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you must been drinking the Ford Kool-AID
Just seems really delusional to think pending MY21 conversions to MY 22 won’t get made for another year or more. Brand spanking new orders or very late MY21 orders possibly but anything older is definitely getting made in less than a year.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with all the sentiment on this post and agree that Ford changing the rules in the middle of the game is a really crappy deal.

However, I think we have to remember why there is an issue too, they introduced a brand new, hot vehicle, in the middle of a pandemic. I don’t think Ford could have predicted the supply chain issues, as well as the dealer greed that occurs when they have a chance to exploit that supply chain issue. Hell walk into any car dealership right now and try to buy a car below MSRP, they’ll laugh in your face. Supply chain and inflation is a massive issue across the country.

Now, was the MIC top issue in their control from the get go? Possibly, but this third party vendor in Wabasto was going to fake it until they made it not to disrupt the mother ship until it was too late.

I think at the end of the day, you’re going to see some dealer stock at the big boy dealerships next year, but that won’t prevent ford from going outside the allocation to fulfill reservations. At the end of the day, if Grainger has a 1,000 remaining orders and only got allocated 200, I have serious doubts that Ford won’t go outside that allocation to take care of reservation holders while at the same time getting a couple dealer stocks for the big boys to shut them up.

This could end up being Ford talking out of both sides of their mouth. Tell the big dealers what they want to hear, but meanwhile they just keep producing and shipping reservation orders beyond the allocations. We won’t know for sure until 2022, but people should be holding fast, and not listening to the communications/PR mouth piece in Levine as I don’t think the guy actually has any clue beyond what the public knows as well.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, is everyone who is so adamant that they are getting screwed by Ford getting their Bronco from this dealer? Who else is getting screwed so badly?
Everyone else on a allocation list. First reserved are not first received.
Sponsored