Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Am I alone in my confusion why they’re still having production issues? I know they had hard top problems, but that shouldn’t be an issue anymore. They have new hard tops, and regardless, they can build soft tops. I really don’t understand what’s holding them back from cranking these vehicles out whether it’s a reservation or not. What’s the reason they’re not building several hundred units a day?
Supply chain issues still are rearing their heads. If you want higher end models, expect to wait longer due to various shortages. We still have at least another 6-12 months of supply issues to worry about before things go back to "normal" and there has been even shortages of items in "good" times for whatever reason.

Plus they still need to make Rangers-they sold about 100K of them last year and I believe the plant can make about 300K units a year. New Ranger is due in early 2023.
Sponsored

Bzol33

Black Diamond
First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco… eventually
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Supply chain issues still are rearing their heads. If you want higher end models, expect to wait longer due to various shortages. We still have at least another 6-12 months of supply issues to worry about before things go back to "normal" and there has been even shortages of items in "good" times for whatever reason.

Plus they still need to make Rangers-they sold about 100K of them last year and I believe the plant can make about 300K units a year. New Ranger is due in early 2023.
Yeah, I understand the supply constraints, I hadn’t thought about the ranger causing issues. It just frustrates me that I would order a wrangler with similar options as my bronco and I could get it in 2-3 months. At least I know I’m not alone in my frustrations

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose by higher end model you would include any bronco made that has an actual roof and not a tarp sheltering it’s occupants from the elements. Since, MIC tops were, and I reckon still are, the single most impactful commodity constraint……responsible for delaying thousands of builds, and forcing thousands of others to compromise their build, I would say incompetence is at least an equal contributing factor effecting bronco manufacturing as supply chain struggles. When you spend months building thousands of MIC tops only to toss them into the trash pile, that is a self-inflicted supply issue not one of commonality associated with the COVID struggles other manufacturers are dealing with.

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Time=money. By the time most get their Bronco, the interests rates are going to be substantially higher.
Very true, welcome to the new and expanding economy!🤮

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I understand the supply constraints, I hadn’t thought about the ranger causing issues. It just frustrates me that I would order a wrangler with similar options as my bronco and I could get it in 2-3 months. At least I know I’m not alone in my frustrations
I get it, but the Wrangler has been in production for years and has an established supplier base. As we saw with the MIC top issue, the Bronco has a ways to go yet.

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"The allocation system goes both ways. This isn't unique to Ford."
Nonsense. Smaller Jeep dealers have been doing exactly what Granger is doing for years. I’ve ordered three Jeeps from them. It was never a problem. Jeep magically manages to fulfill all of these orders without screaming about ”allocation.”

Don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining, Ford.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think this article would be understood outside of the Bronco community
outside Bronco comunity, they just going to buy another brand. As simple as it is.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I vividly remember my participation in the "Bronco Celebration" video created by Ford. During a WebEx conference I had with Jim, he looked me in the eyes and said, "You need to be patient and trust me." I am still being patient.

Trust, but diversify.

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 Chrysler & Torrent GM
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WELL PLAYED, ALL.

Now we just need Netflix to do a documentary on the Bronco fiasco, kinda like their Fyre Festival doc (which is very good, BTW).

1634084685134.png
Thats a great idea! There's 120,000 of our voices behind every reservation. None of us could have made this shit up!
I dont wanna through in the towel after 15 months, MY heart is in it since the reveal-but when do we say enough is enough of getting blind sided?
Not to mention some of us are carless because our Broncos were built (to only be sitting at dirt mountain)& many of us are soaking money in our cars waiting, for instance last week, the power steering module just stopped working out of the blue on my Torrent & upper & lower control arms,$3,000 hit! This is happening to many other people, That could have very well went on accessories for my CO, OBX,MIC, SAS, LUX ! I realize @Ford don't give a rats ass about us, we're just a number, Canadians haven't gotten any swag, they showed their true colours!
What's next?
This is my 1st brand new vehicle, that I was so hyped about, & 1st ford ever! I'm tired of the let downs, luckily we have this community to get updated frequently since dealers & fords stay tight lipped! If I have to eventually jump off this wild roller coaster, & purchase a different vehicle, it sure won't be a ford! THAT'S A PROMISE!

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, well before any orders were taken. Do all of you who are bitching so loudly and irrationally realize that for all of us Bronco order holders that did not order from Granger that we are better off? No one is getting screwed here, if you didn't buy from Granger at way back of invoice. The whole "reservations first" argument ignores that Ford clearly stated, BEFORE ANY ORDERS WERE TAKEN, that allocation would play a role. That is a clear, simple to recognize fact.

So, I'll agree that Ford changed how the allocation formula would work between 2021 and 2022. And I'll agree that Ford, between July 2020 and Sept 2020, apparently backed off of it's reservation date only policy. It could be easily argued that they clarified their position, but whatever, what they said changed, so ok, it changed. This was still before any orders. So, who is getting screwed here by Ford except people who bought at way back of invoice from a couple of dealerships? None of the rest of us are negatively impacted.

So, for all of us who are not negatively impacted, what is your argument that we should be all pissed off and blaming Ford? Blaming Ford for what?
Ah, now that tells the story right there. So, basically you really don't give a shit about anyone else as long as you're getting yours, and you really don't care who knows that. I understand now, carry on...................but remember, Karma is a bitch.

BTW, I shouldn't have to tell you this, but you've made it abundantly clear that I must. There a many small home town dealers out there that could have anywhere from 10-15 reservations that will be hurt also.

Last edited:

rubi14

Base
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
So...1st day reservation, first day order for a 2dr black diamond. Now my color has been discontinued, and I have to reorder and start the wait all over. Pretty much gave up in August of seeing a 2021, so ordered a Ram TRX. It is currently on railcar headed to dealer. I am really over the Bronco at this point, may configure a MY22, but pretty much have given up on seeing one anytime soon. Add that even big dealers are being allocated, have no idea when I would actually fall in line...Pretty sad Dodge can pump out a new truck in less than 60 days...oh well, we will see!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So...1st day reservation, first day order for a 2dr black diamond. Now my color has been discontinued, and I have to reorder and start the wait all over. Pretty much gave up in August of seeing a 2021, so ordered a Ram TRX. It is currently on railcar headed to dealer. I am really over the Bronco at this point, may configure a MY22, but pretty much have given up on seeing one anytime soon. Add that even big dealers are being allocated, have no idea when I would actually fall in line...Pretty sad Dodge can pump out a new truck in less than 60 days...oh well, we will see!
I'd keep that reservation just for giggles Frank. The way this things going you never know. You may have a Bronco to tow behind that badass TRX. Or you could sell it for enough to pay off most of that TRX. :)