Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turns out all brakes are locking up at times. My wife followed me out to Ford and said the driver rear wheel was locking.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question. I’m guessing insurance doesn’t consider this road hazard since it was off road?
Never thought to ask, I assumed I'm on my own on this one.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
dumb question .. BUT you can check the codes the OP's bronco is throwing via his VIN remotely?

You're the winner for most codes in VHR at one time.

Obviously we need to get the sensor replaced and check the harness on the body side for damage. Unhook batter or use Forscan to clear the codes and see if it's still messed up. If so, either try the Forscan bleed procedure or try to see if a dealer can run it. If all the hard parts and sensors are good, I'm not seeing a code that would indicate the HCU being hard dead.

I asked about C210 because a lot of other stuff is popping up (along with ABS) that goes through it.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone else with a 2.3 post a picture of your brake booster from above? I think the whole thing is bent upward, including the firewall. Is the reservoir parallel to the fender tops?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think my modem is working in my 2022 wildtrak as my ford pass app can't connect.

BUT I am curious how many calls/sends it makes or does it only send out data when a system goes down?

The beauty of a connected world.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The beauty of a connected world.
And it pretty much kills the chance of bluffing through this as a warranty issue. They know what I was doing. That and being stuck in Rock Crawl mode. Every time I start it prompts if I want to resume Rock Crawl.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't think my modem is working in my 2022 wildtrak as my ford pass app can't connect.

BUT I am curious how many calls/sends it makes or does it only send out data when a system goes down?
I can’t believe your dealer let you leave without activating that. It’s a hard requirement usually. There was an update they had to do on my 21 for connection not sure if thats still a thing. They know everything about your Bronco. Everything.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I never said my dealer did not activate it. It worked for the 1st 6 weeks and then it stopped. I have no idea why it stopped.

I can’t believe your dealer let you leave without activating that. It’s a hard requirement usually. There was an update they had to do on my 21 for connection not sure if thats still a thing. They know everything about your Bronco. Everything.

Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone else with a 2.3 post a picture of your brake booster from above? I think the whole thing is bent upward, including the firewall. Is the reservoir parallel to the fender tops?
Hope these help. The reservoir seems maybe slightly lower then the top of the fenders

20220516_202459.jpg

20220516_202431.jpg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The booster and master cyl sit with an upward angle to the front. The top of the reservoir sits level.
Ford Bronco Ate a boulder, brakes locked up 20220516_203311

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dumb question .. BUT you can check the codes the OP's bronco is throwing via his VIN remotely?
With my wizardly Ford voodoo, yes. I've carried on a side conversation via DM with him because I don't want to dilute this thread. One thing I can confirm, he's got the most codes for one day on all of the VHRs I've seen so far. Not sure if there's a prize in there somewhere but TD FTW.

That said, we can't perform any type of remote diagnostics or testing. That has to be done in shop with FDRS. We're going to try and get the immediate issue (damaged speed sensor/wiring) fixed, clear codes and see what's still sitting in the VHR. Might need to do the forced bleed procedure after that but the hope is the wiring short is causing some of the other problems. Just saw there might be more damage so we'll see what happens.

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless air was introduced to the ABS module (think running out of brake fluid while ABS or ESC was active), there shouldn't be a need to do the ABS module bleed. Just do a manual 2 person bleed, and if the brakes feel spongy do a few ABS stops, then re-do the 2 person manual bleed again afterwards if you don't have access to a way to do the ABS bleed and feel it is needed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.