First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I was at Bronco Super Cell in Colorado, I found out there was a ASS eliminator on Amazon.
I purchased it for $44.99 and have had it installed for several months and it works great.
It's an easy install as well.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just push the little "A" button after starting my car.
👆 This... And to the OP, do you have a link? No offense, but that should have been a given if you're proposing a fix. Then again, I guess we could just search on Amazon, but that's too much work.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was nice being able to disable the start/stop in our previous '21 bronco via Forscan but unfortunately our '23 doesn't allow it. I'm not a fan of tying up the OBD2 port with the start/stop eliminator which is why I haven't purchased the aftermarket solution. I've had the ASS permanently disabled via Forscan in all my vehicles for several years up until this '23 bronco.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.

I still don't understand the hate for people who hate it :)

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I still don't understand the hate for people who hate it :)
I personally do not hate it, but mechanically I distrust it.... I would like to keep oil flowing through my turbos even while sitting at a stop light... I know Ford put it there and the motor will be fine. I call BS.... Ford put it there trying their best to look good to the government CAFE requirements... even though Trucks and SUVs do not count in the CAFE numbers.... That is why all the manufacturers are completely eliminating the manufacture of cars and making SUVs and trucks only, it is a loop hole.... but I digress and am getting off point.... I want oil flowing in my turbos, having worked as a mechanic, although long ago, I believe they will stay cooler and last longer.

Last edited:

Zulu7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos & Bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was nice being able to disable the start/stop in our previous '21 bronco via Forscan but unfortunately our '23 doesn't allow it. I'm not a fan of tying up the OBD2 port with the start/stop eliminator which is why I haven't purchased the aftermarket solution. I've had the ASS permanently disabled via Forscan in all my vehicles for several years up until this '23 bronco.
The American made Auto Stop Eliminator does not use your OBD2 port. It installs behind the dash and maintains functionality of your toggle switch. Works with every year of Broncos made so far

Works perfect in our '23 and fairly easy install. They have good video on their website

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Works perfect in our '23 and fairly easy install. They have good video on their website
Any idea if this works with the 7MT? Last I heard these worked with the auto, but not the manual ‘23’s

I ended up with Ford Performance Tune that does this as part of it - just curious if they had finally fixed it for manuals or not

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The auto start stop serves no purpose and should be eliminated from all vehicles.
Actually I do disagree with that statement.... It does save gasoline. You will get better gas milage. Not a huge improvement but the more sitting and idling you do the more it saves. Also it decreases air pollution. The internal combustion engine pollutes the air. The more gasoline it burns the more it pollutes. That is just facts.... Now if it wears out parts faster and they end up in the landfill where is the trade off? Where is the line that says do this or do not? I have never crunched those numbers. Whole bunch of people say they have and they all give you different answers. Who should you believe? I do not know the answer.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea if this works with the 7MT? Last I heard these worked with the auto, but not the manual ‘23’s

I ended up with Ford Performance Tune that does this as part of it - just curious if they had finally fixed it for manuals or not
why even bother if you have a manual? You should never be sitting in neutral on the roads. As long as you are in a gear it never kicks in, and 99.99% of the time you should be in gear. I almost forget the auto start stop is a thing.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually I do disagree with that statement.... It does save gasoline. You will get better gas milage. Not a huge improvement but the more sitting and idling you do the more it saves. Also it decreases air pollution. The internal combustion engine pollutes the air. The more gasoline it burns the more it pollutes. That is just facts.... Now if it wears out parts faster and they end up in the landfill where is the trade off? Where is the line that says do this or do not? I have never crunched those numbers. Whole bunch of people say they have and they all give you different answers. Who should you believe? I do not know the answer.
Saves gas, sure but it’s negligible at best. Pollutes the air ok, way less than the climate people crying about the world boiling who also fly around on private jets and pollute more in one year than I will in my entire life. Good news is I live in America (I assume you do too) and I disabled mine day one. If you like it keep it. Freedom